Blended Families

T&Ps please

DH has finally decided to go to the doctor about his manic depression/bipolar disorder. He has been out of treatment for about 10yrs, and I have known ever since we started dating that he was in need of help. But he is finally going today.

He said he is also deleting his Facebook, SnapChat, and changing his phone number to cut some drama out of his life that he feels is negatively impacting him and, as a result, us. I'll agree that there is a lot of baggage he has in his life that needs to be cut out, but I think there is more to it than I know about.

I didn't ask any questions this morning when he told me all of this. I just hugged him and told him how much I loved him no matter what he is going through and want to do whatever he needs me to to help him. I just want him to find something peace and happiness in life.

I wrote more originally, but went back and deleted it. Just please pray for my husband.

Re: T&Ps please

• T&Ps for you and your DH.

I can say from experience that when I cut a lot of negative baggage out of my life my mood/depression/anxiety improved a lot. It's not perfect, but it helps.

All the best to you both!

• Thoughts and Prayers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • T&p for you both

image  image

• Huge hugs honey. 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • I'll be thinking of you and your family. This sounds like a great step!
  • T &P's guys!  Best of luck with this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SigirSigir member
    prayers!
  • ambrvanambrvan member
    edited July 2014
    His step dad went to the Dr with him to make sure he went. And he felt really good about things last night. He said he really liked the Dr and doesn't mind going back to him.

He got an antidepressant that I can't remember the name of, and something to help him sleep to take when he isn't working. He is hesitant about the asleep meds, but he listened to the Dr tell him that he won't be able to get better if he doesn't start sleeping.

We talked about his meds together last night and about him going back to the Dr if I notice him getting worse and him being open and honest with me about the real way he is feeling. And that he is not to stop them unless Dr says. And he has to go back for a recheck in a month.

Let's hope for the best.
  • Thanks for the update.  I'll most certainly be praying for you and your husband.  Hang in there, friend.  Hugs to you!
  • Making the appointment is one of the biggest steps for something like this. I'm so glad he found a DR. that he likes, that makes a huge difference.

DH is finally going this week for kind of the same things.

T's and P's your way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

• His medicine made him really sick so the Dr told him to stop it and come back in today.

I hope this doesn't discourage him. It can take time to find the right one(s) to use.
  • Thoughts and prayers for your and your family!
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • WahooWahoo member
    I'm glad he is finally getting the help he needs! T&P that everything goes well!
    image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"