Adoption
Options

NBR: Weight loss?

I know this has nothing to do with adoption, but... does anyone have any weight loss advice.  I have endometriosis and have been reading up on foods to avoid so I can lose some weight before the baby comes home.  I am 5'7 and weigh 145 Embarrassed  I would like to weigh 120-125 again.  I own an eliptical machine (which I never use) so I will start using it every week.  I really just want to have energy to keep up with a newborn.

Re: NBR: Weight loss?

• Options

I love to work out at home and I swear by The Firm. You can check out their products along with videos of their stuff at firmdirect.com. Best Buy sells some of their tapes. Some tapes are better than others but I've never had one I hated. It's all about aerobic weight training. I use that 3x a week and that with counting calories helped me lose about 25 lbs a few years ago and I've kept it off. Ok - I gained an inch around my hips and 2 lbs with out fertility treatments but I'm working on that now.

Also check out collagevideo.com if you like to work out at home. They have almost every workout tape you could ever think of and clips as well as reviews.

GL - I know it's hard to get started but I love how exercise makes me feel :-)

• Options
    I am the same as you  5'7" and 145! I have started running ~2 miles everyday. I'm a teacher so I am on vacation now so it is easy for me to get to the gym. We'll see what happens once school is back in session. I have also stocked up on fruit and veggies, as sweets and carbs are my worst enemies. GL!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been going to the gym & using the elyptical I have at home too. I've also been watching my diet as much as I can (especially around this time of year). I mostly watch my carb intake. Good luck!!!
  • Options

I am not sure how the weather is where you are but if you can take to running outside, I've seen many good results from the Couch to 5K program.  It's online and will get you running a 5K in no time.  It seems like everyone really slims down in the process too. 

Also, it seems like every diet program and piece of research supports keeping a food diary or journal.  I am terrible at it...but I am committed to trying it beginning 2009! 

Like you, I am on a mission to lose weight before I become a parent.  I have a bit more weight to lose than you.  Good luck!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options

I lost a bunch of weight this summer and used sparkpeople.com to track everything.  It helps to help control your calorie intake.  I recommend it!  I'm one of those people that could run 2 miles every day and still not lose weight cause I eat everything in sight so the website really helped me.

Also I don't know if this will motivate you, but I was thinking the other day that I've been so jealous of all the pregnant bellies that have surrounded me for the past two years... I'm going to lose weight so when I'm in the grocery store with my newborn other women are jealous of me because I look so hot so quickly after having a baby!  ;)

Good luck!

• Options
    imagegalbraith2be:

Also I don't know if this will motivate you, but I was thinking the other day that I've been so jealous of all the pregnant bellies that have surrounded me for the past two years... I'm going to lose weight so when I'm in the grocery store with my newborn other women are jealous of me because I look so hot so quickly after having a baby!  ;)

Haha! I have actually thought about that before! :-) 

Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options

That's awesome!  I know I've been so jealous of the cute "bumps" but now I want to be a hot mama! 

Thanks for the advice.  I will keep you posted on my progress (or lack of) from now until June.  I really need to do this just to get some energy.  I am tired of feeling fat and tired.

• Options

sparkpeople.com is AWESOME!!!  My DH and I did it together about a year ago and even if you don't use it for a long time it's a great jumpstart.  What I liked most about is that even though it was calorie counting, it also validated pretty much any movement as excercise.  What I mean is I could actually walk to the bank to do the work deposit and add that in to my cardio for the day so that even if I didn't have time to do an hour in the morning or the evening, by the time I added up all my little 15min things throughout the day it really worked.  I also liked the feeling of being able to justify popcorn or whatever in the evening because I was below my calories for the day so I could enjoy my snack guilt-free.  I have been so stressed during the homestudy and so lazy during Christmas that I need to get myself back on track too and I will be starting sparkpeople again tomorrow.

Here's to all us hot mama's to be!  We get to be 'skinny pregnant'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"