October 2014 Moms
Options

Target registry 2

MLE_C2BMLE_C2B member
edited July 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Sooooo I got an ad for target registries with a coupon saying they give a $20 GC with a new registry. I'm sooooo not having a shower as this is DS #2 but I'm thinking about creating a small one just for the gift card. I can't remember though is target one of the places that gives you a coupon to buy up remaining items on your registry?
Lilypie - (JLjB)

Re: Target registry 2

• Options
    Yes, Target does the completion coupon so even more reason to register!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I got it too! I'm going this week to make one and then using the $20 giftcard on our carseat probably.

image         image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I made one but it was a month or so ago and didnt get the gift card. But i did it for the coupon and they gave me a bunch of other goodies too.
  • Options
    I keep seeing posts about the $20,coupon with a registry but how do you get the coupon (I'm on a few boards)? I can't seem to find it online. And I Dont get anything in the mail even after all the things I have signed up for.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm not having a shower but I sign up to get coupons! Sounds silly but they have amazing coupons, and I get stuff super cheap using all my coupons there.
    DD born 8/12/11
    DD born 10/3/14
    DD born 10/10/16
    Twin boys due Nov '19
  • Options
    I made a registry about a month ago and didn't get a gift card. But yes, they give you a completion coupon later.
  • Options
    Do it!!! Good idea.
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Options
    I just got that mailing yesterday.  I already have registries pretty much done at BRU and BBB, but I'm going to put like 5 things on a target registry just for the gift card and completion coupon. It will be just for DH and I.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hmmm.  DD is going to need a booster car seat in a few months.  Maybe this is incentive enough to create a registry to put that on there and then use the completion coupon for it.  We don't really need any baby stuff other than little things like wash cloths and bottle nipples, so I wasn't going to, but the $20 gift card is free money!
  • Options
    What the hell, I didn't get a $20 gift card!
  • Options
    Ok, so I'm going to contact customer service. What all should I have gotten? A $20 gift card and what else? I got seriously ZERO when I started my registry (aside from a headache, because now it looks like someone bought me a dresser when I know damned well no one bought me a dresser).
  • Options
    I just got the same thing in the mail.  Is it weird that Target knows we are  pregnant?  I am in the same boat as this is my second one.  I had already started one on Amazon just to start a list of things i know I would like to get or dream of having that would make this time a bit easier.  But hopefully my double stroller will go on sale at target and I can get an additional 20 bucks off with the gift card!  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

It was a mailer that got sent out with a coupon for $20 giftcard when you start your registry. I got mine Saturday

image         image

• Options
    starybstaryb member
    SPurp13 said:
    Ok, so I'm going to contact customer service. What all should I have gotten? A $20 gift card and what else? I got seriously ZERO when I started my registry (aside from a headache, because now it looks like someone bought me a dresser when I know damned well no one bought me a dresser).
    I didn't get anything either! I knew about the completion coupon but then I read online (after starting my registry) that I should have gotten a bunch of free samples too. BRU gave me a gift bag full of coupons and samples and a bottle of water, wtf Target?

• Options
    I didn't get the gift card, but I got the goodie bag and it was much nicer than BRU's bag. If you signed up online and didn't get it, I'd go ask at customer service.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It was a mailer that got sent out with a coupon for $20 giftcard when you start your registry. I got mine Saturday
    I got nothin'. I've had my registry for at least two months now.
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

SPurp13 said:

I got nothin'. I've had my registry for at least two months now.

Sorry, I worded it wrong. I didn't have a registry with them. Target somehow knew I was pregnant and sent me the coupon for a $20 giftcard if I start one.

image         image

• Options
    I believe the way they know is if you purchase anything baby related, they mail coupons and/or sale notifications to the billing address connected to your card. If you bought your pregnancy tests there, that can initiate some of the coupon stuff too...which is annoying/discouraging when it takes 10+ cycles to get pregnant and they send you stuff 2 cycles in! Lol
    imageimage
  • Options
    Do you need a code from the coupon or to bring the coupon with you to the store?  I didn't get one and I'm wondering if it's a generic "make a registry soon and you'll get $20 gc" or if they really will check to see if you got the specific coupon.

Thanks!
  • Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I get coupons (the ones tht print out at the register)for prenatal vitamins and formula from them when I buy maternity clothes, but I haven't gotten anything in the mail about setting up a registry. I always use my Red Card, so you'd think they'd be all over tracking my potential future baby purchases.
  • Options
    We had to give the employee the coupon and she scanned it, then gave us the giftcard.

image         image

• Options
    starla487 said:

Hijacked from Sept '14. It's an in-store only coupon and only really goes toward NB clothing (rather than toddler clothing for example), but still...

"In Target's weekly ad, you can text infant1 to 827438 to get a coupon for $20 off $100 purchase of baby items. It includes the following: 

• Newborn apparel • Furniture • Bedding • Nursery • Training pants • Toiletries • Diapers • Wipes • Travel gear • Baby toys • Car seats • Bath • Food and formula • Infant and toddler feeding"

This is a totally different promotion

image         image

• Options
    starla487 said:

No, I know. But you can use this coupon and your gift card at the same time - saves more money.

Gotcha! Sorry I think I had a reading fail.

image         image

• Options
    starla487 said:

Hijacked from Sept '14. It's an in-store only coupon and only really goes toward NB clothing (rather than toddler clothing for example), but still...

"In Target's weekly ad, you can text infant1 to 827438 to get a coupon for $20 off $100 purchase of baby items. It includes the following: 

• Newborn apparel • Furniture • Bedding • Nursery • Training pants • Toiletries • Diapers • Wipes • Travel gear • Baby toys • Car seats • Bath • Food and formula • Infant and toddler feeding"

I used this coupon today on four boxes of diapers for $24.99 each and when you bought 2 boxes you got a $10 gift card. So I got $20 off of the $100. Then used the free $20 registry gift card and they have me another 2 $10 gift cards! I felt like I was robbing the store. I love Target!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    FYI: looking for a great deal at target? $20.00 off 100.00 baby purchase. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    OK so in regards to the $20 gift card thing... I called Target's registry customer service line last night because I started a registry but never received anything from them. I did move in June and hadn't updated my address on Target's website until this week, so I thought maybe they mailed it to my old address. The customer service rep said the $20 gift card is random, not a guaranteed bonus for creating a registry. Can anyone verify this from their own experience? And did you get your swag in the mail or at the store?
  • Options
    ADH0906ADH0906 member
    edited July 2014
    @deezidee04‌ The $20 coupon is a random mailer, so I think you got correct information from the rep. If you happen you get ahold of one, sounds like you can beg leniency if you've already opened a registry, but they're not obligated to offer you the deal.

ETA: get the goody bag in store. If you opened one online, just go to customer service. They just have a stash of them, and I don't remember them needing to scan anything to hand it out.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"