July 2014 Moms

Eve's birth story (Skeemer) Finally! :)

Hey guys. I've been trying to post this forever but our hospital had the worst internet ever. We just came home late Saturday afternoon. But anyway, here's Eve's birth story. I'm anxious to get back in the loop, celebrate your babies with you & see some cutie pie pictures! Since we've been home it's been a whirlwind of pain medicine, spit up, little sleep & the likes. Thanks for all the love, prayers, hugs & well wishes.

The Short:

Eve Juliet was born on 07/03/14 at 7:45 am. She was 8 lbs 7 oz & 21.5 inches long. I went in to be induced but never had to be. It was a terrific delivery & we're grateful for our little rainbow. :)

The Long:

I was set to be induced at 5 am on 07/03/14. I had been having some light contractions for a couple of days but nothing with legit timing. At 3:30 am we got in the car & I drove us to the hospital like this -

I was experiencing some pain in my lower abdomen but didn't think much of it. It didn't really hurt but it was more annoying & uncomfortable. We arrived at the hospital & we took some last minute pictures of me being pregnant in front of the L & D sign. I thought I looked like this -

But I really looked like this -

When we got admitted to our room at 5:15 am I was handed a gown so I could change & we could get this induction show on the road. I barely got my gown on & by 5:30 am my water broke Hollywood style. DH & my mom were gawking at me like this -

At 5:45 am I was like -

By 6:00 am the contractions hit HARD & I was like -

My nurse called for the epidural & I said, "Already?!". She said, "We know you're having the baby today so you can go ahead with it." She asked me how dilated I had been at my appointment just 3 days ago. I told her 2.5 cen. The guy came, gave me the epidural & we waited for it to kick in so I could be like -image

But that never happened. The contractions got worse & they were confused so my nurse checked me only to discover I was dilated to 9 cen. She started telling other nurses to get my doctor on the phone to see if I could start pushing. I was like -

I pushed a few times & my doctor came rushing in. The nurses were throwing paper gowns/scrubs on her. I pushed a few good times & I heard my doctor say, "Look at those cute cheeks!" I was like -

I mean, I was flattered & all but it wasn't the time or the place!

Knowing she could see Eve's chubby cheekies gave me a good rush & I was like -

I pushed really hard & then this happened at 7:45 am (except she was gooey & didn't come out in a blanket) -

I was able to hold her immediately & have skin to skin contact with her. She's perfectly healthy & perfectly wonderful. We're thanking God for this beautiful baby girl & so grateful. Thank you all again for the prayers, unicorns & love. I'm convinced some of the very best people in the world are here on the July '14 board. So bring it in y'all -

Re: Eve's birth story (Skeemer) Finally! :)

•  omg! she is such an adorable chunky monkey!
    image.
  • Loading the player...
  • The Star Trek reference got me laughing :) congrats on your adorable girl, love those cheeks!
  • It's not fair that your squish is so cute and you still have such a great sense of humor.  Shouldn't you be exhausted and miserable right about now?  I'm so jealous.  Congratulations, lady!

• Congratulations! She is so adorable-- all that hair!!
  • Congratulations, she's precious, love all the hair and those cheeks! Great use of gifs! Unicorns and love 4evr!
  • I LOLed at "you guys see what I did there." She's adorable!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OH my goodness, she is ADORABLE!!!! That little chunker!  Great birth story and gifs!  Congratulations :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Aww she is adorable congrats!
  • @lizzybeth13

I was pretty out of sorts when DS was born. DH & I have been talking about how different I am emotionally & physically with DD. DS was up literally every 2-3 hours around the clock & I had NO rest. It was awful & I also suffered PPD with him.

DD is sleeping about 5+ hours at the time which gives me time to get some sleep myself. She's just a totally different baby & we've adjusted so much better this time around. Before I had her I was so terrified I'd go through all the same things I did with DS. I'm running on little sleep still but I couldn't put DS down long enough to get a shower because he would cry & cry. I'm really grateful to be having a much better experience this time.

I want to catch up on everyone's birth stories. I'm not sure who has & hasn't had their little pumpkins. I hope you're doing well though either way. :)

• She is soooo adorable I love those cubby little cheeks!! Congrats to you and Eve!! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! You all rock. :) I'm going to try to catch up on birth stories through the day as DD lets me. I want to see all the little stinky bottom squishies! :)

• Congratulations!! She is such a cutie!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• BPerBPer member
    Omg she's gorgeous. Congrats! I appreciate the gif-filled birth stories.

• Great story telling! Our girls share a bday, but mine let the epi start working before making her entrance :) Congrats again!

image image
  • Congratulations! Glad it was a better experience for you
  • Skeemer said:

@lizzybeth13

I was pretty out of sorts when DS was born. DH & I have been talking about how different I am emotionally & physically with DD. DS was up literally every 2-3 hours around the clock & I had NO rest. It was awful & I also suffered PPD with him.

DD is sleeping about 5+ hours at the time which gives me time to get some sleep myself. She's just a totally different baby & we've adjusted so much better this time around. Before I had her I was so terrified I'd go through all the same things I did with DS. I'm running on little sleep still but I couldn't put DS down long enough to get a shower because he would cry & cry. I'm really grateful to be having a much better experience this time.

I want to catch up on everyone's birth stories. I'm not sure who has & hasn't had their little pumpkins. I hope you're doing well though either way. :)

So glad to hear things are going so much better this time.  :)  And your little girl is beautiful.

• @mrscurlygurl Congrats! I'm jealous your DD gave you some good timing. ;) I'm just thankful she made a quick entrance. I wouldn't have wanted to do hours of labor like that.

• I like books with pictures <:-P

Congratulations, she's soooo cute <3
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • emy730emy730 member
    FIrst of all, congratulations! She is so cute!

Second of all, this post was phenomenal. I especially loved, "Captain, I'm giving her all she's got!" and I almost wet my pants from giggling. 

Third, her name is just perfect. So pretty and elegant!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you @emy730 ! I hope we chose a name that will fit her well at every age. :)

• LOL the pics were the best! I died at "say what?!" =))

But she is such a beautiful little chunk!!! Look at all the hair :D lol we make hairy babes! Haha congrats @Skeemer‌ ! >:D<
  • beff12beff12 member
    You are a fantastic story teller ma'am! Congrats on your beautiful little girl!! :)

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• What a great birth story complete with awesome gifs. The cheeks really made me LOL. Congrats on such a precious LO with adorable cheeks! \:D/
  • ShelleybellShelleybell member
    edited July 2014
    awesome birth story @skeemer and look at those little cheeks i love!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Omg- too funny. Congratulations- she's precious!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Congratulations! She is precious! Definitely a nominee for best told birth story, but the best part of it to me is that picture of your baby girl. Your doctor was right about those cheeks!
  • Probably best birth story ever!  She is such a doll!  Congratulations!  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Congrats! She's adorable.
  • Congrats. Such a beautiful baby girl. I love the story and pics. Thanks for sharing.
  • so happy everyone is well!!  congratulations on your beautiful little girl!

• LOVE this story! Congratulations, Skeemer family--Eve is lovely :)

• Congratulations! Seriously such a cutie! The doctor was right with those cheeks! Your story was hilarious, thanks for the laughs! Enjoy your LO!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • acohinacohin member
    Great story- love all the gifs! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your beautiful perfect Eve :D
  • Omg she is so cute! Congrats!
  • Congrats!! She's so cute!! I love me some chunky babies!! And I totally agree with the PPs, your storytelling and gif usage was awesome!!
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awesome birth story! Congratulations!
  • Congrats! She is so adorable! It looks like there were several babies making their grand entrance that day, DD also shares a bday with your LO and didn't give my epidural a chance to kick back in after it wore off.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH would say your story needs more explosions or car chases to make it interesting, but I quite enjoyed it. :)  Loved the Scotty gif, LOL.  Glad everything turned out well!

P.S. What do you mean, they don't come out in blankets like that?  That would be so handy!

• EkzerrEkzerr member
    Congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"