October 2012 Moms

Monday randoms! mourning the weekend!

I am mourning the weekend already.  That 3 day weekend flew by.  I almost got everything that I wanted to accomplished. If only we could have 5 day weekends and 2 day work weeks! What a lovely fantasy!

Also here is my little man hanging out with his favorite princesses from the Frozen Birthday party we attended

Re: Monday randoms! mourning the weekend!

• CnAnACnAnA member
    I am thinking things for Girl's birthday party. I am looking at a Frozen party I think. Because she will be the ONLY toddler having one, right? ;) I am looking for a Halloween Elsa costume for my niece to wear. 1) they don't make adult sizes 2) the one I did manage to find was $50 for the dress only. I found lots of cosplay quality ones. But I'm not dropping $200 on a costume for a toddler's birthday party.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    I think we are going to stick small with gifts. Probably in the $30 - $50 range.  Plus, my tiny little apartment is already overflowing with toys anyway. My head is already spending more money than we really should on this party, especially if I (read: my sister) ends up making the Elsa dress.  But I'm hoping my niece will be willing to go half on it and reuse it as a halloween costume or something.  Frankly, she'd probably like to have a Frozen party of her own, so it'll all work out. LOL  

Oct Angel Babies
  • All I know about E's party is that it will be 2 weeks before his actual birthday since we'll be up visiting for another cousin's wedding 9/13. It'll be much smaller than his 1st birthday party. Just my parents, grandparents, sister's family, and a few others. Since E is obsessed with dinosaurs, it'll be a dinosaur party.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• West coasters... did you feel the earthquake? It sounds like it was more south, but just checking!

• I'm off today. Cleaned up the house, went to lunch w a friend, and now I'm listening to B scream "rock a bye" while crying in her crib because she wants me to rock her to sleep :( as soon as she passes out I'll start scrubbing the floors. Joy.

• I haven't thought about his birthday party yet, but I guess I should start. I am in complete denial that he is turning two this year.  Where is my little baby! Wesley is obsessed with Frozen as well, and the last couple birthday parties we have been to where Frozen inspired which he had fun at. For his 2nd bday party it will just be family so I don't think I will go all out on it.  Maybe just dinner at home.

• It is such a bummer to be back at work after the long weekend. But Im glad to be getting back to our normal routine. Both girls were hard to get down and slept like crap thanks to a few nights out late and general holiday craziness.

I will probably not put any thought into a birthday party until the beginning of October. I'm not doing a big thing this year, though even just "immediate family" - parents, siblings, plus their SO and kids is like 25-30 people.
  • mbm1983 said:

West coasters... did you feel the earthquake? It sounds like it was more south, but just checking!

i guess this means no, but what earthquake?

First thing I heard on the radio this morning was a 7.1 earthquake on the Pacific coast, mainly affecting Mexico, just wondered if CA felt it at all?

• CnAnACnAnA member
    Anybody wanna make an Elsa dress? LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • StefanieM522StefanieM522 member
    edited July 2014
    @cnana if I could sew I totally would make one for you!  How about a version of Else's dress?

I found this on amazon for $17

•                 

• CnAnA said:
    Anybody wanna make an Elsa dress? LOL
    @cnana they have cheap ones on the target website, but I don't think they're the best quality.  Disney store just restocked some frozen toys, I just ordered the finger puppets so we'll have them for with her birthday or christmas.
  • All I know about E's party is that it will be 2 weeks before his actual birthday since we'll be up visiting for another cousin's wedding 9/13. It'll be much smaller than his 1st birthday party. Just my parents, grandparents, sister's family, and a few others. Since E is obsessed with dinosaurs, it'll be a dinosaur party.
    We are also having DD's party that weekend since we'll be in the philly area then for my Cher concert. We never have party themes, it's just family and some friends at my moms. 
  • @cnana, zulily has frozen apparel today!

• CnAnACnAnA member
    @StefanieM522‌ @wesleycrusher‌ @BabyCarryingVessel‌ I was hoping to get my 16 year old niece into the Elsa costume. That way all the kids could take a pic with "Elsa" rather than Alice being her, kwim? But if I change my plan I will definitely check out target and zulily!

Oct Angel Babies
  • So you people have me pinterest planning a party now. Mickey & Minnie themed I am thinking. We are going to Disney the week before her birthday so mine as well keep with the theme. Im cuting people from the guest list we had last year (50) down to hopefully 30ish. Do you invite daycare friends though?? I have no idea how that works.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @CnAnA‌ thats a awesome idea to have your niece dress up! Also at the last party we went to the kids all made crowns and pirate hats withh Elsa and Anna they got kits from oriental trading company. It was lots of fun. Just thought I'd share

• stephcarterstephcarter member
    edited July 2014
    I think I'm going to try to convince DH that we should just just drive to Boston rather than flying. The rental car prices in boston are so expensive ($305 for the 10th-14th) it's ridiculous. Plus we'd have to pay $35 each way for our bag and we were going to pay extra to make sure we get seats next to each other. And the $60 for parking at the airport. It'd be much cheaper for us to just rent a car here and make the 5 hour drive. And the airports an hour and 15 away, we'd have to get there like 2 hours early, then it's an hour and 15 minute flight, then we have to wait for the rental car shuttle and then drive about 25 minutes to the hotel. So driving might even be faster.

Did I mention that I hate flying?

• @stephcarter‌ drive. We have done 5 hours with E its not bad and its easier to take everything you need.
  • Yep drive 5 hours is I'll
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Still on maternity leave, so I'm actually glad the long weekend is OVER! SIL and kids pulled another impromptu visit for the week (ugh), and now that they are gone it's finally quiet around here again. Also, having a neurotic dog and small children has made me hate fireworks.

I made the mistake of turning on an episode of Nancy Grace about that toddler in Georgia, and I just started bawling. Not sure what I was thinking, I can't stand to hear details of that case...also, because I think Nancy Grace is a dumbass.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• we were only flying because i had an airline credit and i had to book by a certain date. the credit was from when my friend decided she was getting married in florida, and then decided she wasn't. so the boston flight itself only cost me an additional $24. But now I'm thinking we should say screw it and rent a car here and drive. plus, i'd get to bring my pillows. 

• Yeah @stephcarter‌, driving 5 hours isn't bad! You'll be much more comfortable and happy driving than flying. This coming from the one that drives 13.5 hours with two small children by myself...
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"