South Florida Babies

I got laid off :(

yup.....9 months pregnant I lost my job of 6 1/2 years yesterday. Indifferent

It came as a shock and I have been allowed to work until the baby is born and then I get 2 weeks severance (instead of 4 weeks paid time that I was due for in January). 

Guess the real estate market and economy are doing so poorly they can't keep me (but you would think there would have been a better time then now to do this...)

Please wish me luck for 2009, as I will be job searching as soon as the baby is born to have something lined up for April.  We need my income so I am hoping this happend for a reason and gets my a$$ in gear to find something better (or even a job where I can use my degree that I got 2 years ago).

Re: I got laid off :(

• Thats horrible! Do you still get to use your Aflac when the baby is born? I wish you lots of luck for the new year with everything!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh Hale, I'm so sorry.  Everything does happen for a reason.  I hope you find your better job quickly!
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I have two policy's with Aflac plus the severance so I am covered for a little bit.  I am working it out here so I can get it even though they are letting me go. 

Thanks for the luck, I need it!

• Well Happy Frickin'  New Year to you.  That SUCKS!!! I am sorry that you are getting screwed by the economy at this delicate time in your life, but please hang onto the idea that everything does happen for a reason (speaking as someone who got laid off while on unpaid maternity leave).  Try to enjoy your baby time without letting the anxiety of the job search taint your special time.  Everything will work out, even if it is not how you planned it.  Planning is sometimes just not enough.

You are a smart eloquant woman and you will find something more suitable for you as soon as you want it, I am certain.

Good luck, rub your belly and try not to be too mad/shaken/sad/frustrated/confused/angry/hormonal.  We are here for you if you need an ear!

hugs.

Bettina

• Oh no!!!

I am so sorry.  Everything does happen for a reason and 2009 will be a new start for you.  I'm sure you will find something.  

image image

• Ugh! That sucks!!! Sending tons of Job dust your way for 2009 and like the others said, enjoy your time with your little one while you can!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • ugh im so sorry! it's been so bad out there that everyone is starting to feel affected.

think positive - i know its easier said than done, but everything REALLY does happen for a reason.

ps. what company did you work for? do you have cobra?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. Just try not to worry about this right now (I know, easier said than done) and just concentrate on the baby and staying healthy. You WILL find something better and you will think of this as a blessing in disguise later on! Good luck to you!
  • Jen, I'm so sorry!!! Good luck finding a new job.  Everything happens for a reason, so look at this as a blessing in disguise. There is a better job out there for you!
  • I'm so sorry!  That sucks big time, but I will say a prayer for you.  Like the others say, everything works out, just not always how we predict.

Tania

• That totally sucks, especially the holiday/due date timing. Well, it's good to know you have some funds available. Best wishes for an awesome new opportunity for you in 2009!
  • I'm sorry, that sucks! : (

I hope 2009 brings bigger and better things.

• Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear that.  What an awful situation.  I really hope everything works out okay for you.  I know there's not much I can do but if you need someone to watch Madison while you interview I'm here for you. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OMG I'm sooooo sorry!!!! But I like your attitude everything DOES happen for a reason. There is something bigger and better out there for you and you'll find it in 2009! ((HUGS)) and keep your chin up!
  • That is so crappy!!! esp so close to your due date.

I was laid off too but at 27 weeks Nov. 9th - It is a tough job market out there.

I have been freelancing and probably will continue to do so after the baby (I am due Jan. 30).

Good Luck to you!

• I'm so sorry!  The timing couldn't have been worse.  I really hope this turns into a blessing in disguise for you.  Try to keep your head up.  It will all work out!
  • I'm so sorry, timing sucks! But keep a positive outlook and remember that things do tend to happen for a reason!

GL!

Erin

• Serious BS!!! I also know how it feels to be laid off while on maternity leave... well,  more like screwed out of my job, but whatever. I am so sorry! I know you will find somehting better!!!!
  • wow...that really does suck!  Will you qualify for unemployment as well?  I hate to say it, but things do happen for a reason....I remember you saying you wanted to go back to school some time ago.  Good luck to you!!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • So sorry to hear this news.  Praying that 2009 is going to be a great year for you and that something better will come along as soon as you want it. 

• I am so sorry to hear the news...((HUGS)) and just try to enjoy the last few days of being prego and focus on your precious baby who will be here soon!!! I agreee with the girls that "Everything happens for a reason"....
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry to read this, I do hope better and greater things come in 2009. Try to stay positive and keep your head up!
  • omg, i am so so sorry! how stressful! what jerkoffs! is that even legal? i'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of luck that you find something WAY better.
  • So sorry that you have to go thru that now but like all the others have said, I am sure that you will find something better and laugh about this later. Everything happens for a reason even when we think we are drowning.?

?Good luck.?

Barbie?

• Oh, no.  I'm so sorry.  I hope some doors open up for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"