October 2014 Moms
Options

Video Monitor Cord Safety

I have been thinking long and hard about how to secure the cord to the video monitor so our baby girl can't touch it. The only place I can put the video monitor is on a floating shelf above the crib. Her crib has a solid wood back, so she won't be able to reach through the slats to grab the cord, so I really am only concerned once she can pull herself up and if somehow she can reach over the pretty tall back of the crib to grab the cord. I don't think she will be able to reach that high, ever, but better safe than sorry!

Any suggestions on how to safely secure those cords to the wall so little fingers can't grab them?
July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Video Monitor Cord Safety

• Options
    If your crib is like most cribs I've seen with a solid back where the back is taller then the front she will probably be out of the crib by the time she is tall enough to reach back there. I think I would probably wait and make sure you don't decide to move the camera or crib.

We mounted our camera directly to our wall by the window and ran the cord behind the curtains in DDs room, but there are clips you can buy to secure them to the wall like the cable company does when they install cable.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ss265ss265 member
    Mine is on the dresser which is against the wall across from the crib. You can still see LO but it is through the slats of the crib.

• Options

we have the camera mounted on the wall facing down and the cord runs straight down to the socket.  we had to pull the crip 18+inches away from the wall so DD couldn't grab the cord through the slats.  my DH offered to run the cord behind the drywall but i didn't want to start putting holes in the wall.

• Options
    You don't need the camera so close. Ours is hanging in the corner of the room and still has a good view of our son. I have always been uneasy about shelves above cribs. I know my son at 17 months would do everything in his power to hang from it. Didn't your camera come with clips for the cord? Ours did.
  • Options
    miss.brittanymiss.brittany member
    edited July 2014
    Luckily for us, the outlet is relatively close to the crib. So what we did was just to plug it in and have the cord run behind the crib. Then we pulled the crib out from the wall a little bit. DD#1 is 17 months old. She's still not tall enough to reach it and even if she were, her arms aren't long enough to reach to the wall either. Plus since it's behind the crib, she never messes with it when we're playing in her room since it's behind the bed.

Edit: we also have our camera mounted directly to the wall and to the side of her crib. DH and I didn't want anything hanging directly above her bed in case in falls. So it's far enough to the side that if it falls it will hit the floor. And we still have a great view of DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"