February 2014 Moms
Options

Need a new range/oven WWYD

This is NRB obviously ... Our oven/range died this weekend so DH and I are in the market for a new one. I really want a double oven and originally he was on board until he saw that they are significantly more, price-wise. I love cooking and baking and have often wished I had a double oven. In fact, my major want for our home when we bought was a double oven but they just aren't that popular here.

We aren't looking at super expensive appliance brands, likely a Whirlpool since that's what our over the range microwave is and we can match the style and finish. So... is it worth it to pay more to get the double oven? DH says I'll never use it and the extra cost is a deal breaker for him. I think that we'll have the oven for so long that a few hundred more dollars is no biggie. Besides, I like it. I do admit that I cook WAY less than I used to but I'd really like to do more.

He usually thinks we don't have money for things and I usually do. For the record, we do. :)

Here's the link to the two ovens we are considering:

https://www.lowes.com/pd_139576-46-WFG714HLAS_0__?Ntt=wfg714hlas&UserSearch=wfg714hlas&productId=3689484&rpp=32

https://www.lowes.com/pd_536778-46-WGG755S0BS_0__?Ntt=wgg755s0bs&UserSearch=wgg755s0bs&productId=50067471&rpp=32

We want to decide by 9 pm on Tuesday so we can save 10% at Lowe's. Help me out ladies. WWYD?

I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!

Re: Need a new range/oven WWYD

• Options
    I'd go for the double. I feel like if you like to cook you'll get good use of it especially as LO gets older. If you spread that couple hundred dollars out over the life of the oven, it probably works out to a few dollars a month! That perspective usually helps me convince DH.
  • Options

We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower everyday price on an identical item at a local retail competitor, just bring us the competitor's current ad, and we'll beat their price by 10%. If a competitor is offering a percent off discount, we’ll match the final net price the competitor is offering. Our price guarantee does not apply to installation labor, to the competitor's closeout, special order, discontinued, clearance, liquidation or to damaged items. Limited to reasonable quantities. Visit store for complete details.

This was from Lowe's website. :) See if you can find one brand new in a different store for cheaper.

If not... here's this. They are "Like new" and "Reconditioned" but it might be worth looking at.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^Obviously I think you need the double one. ;)

And since you live close to me, I expect some awesome baked goods from that thing! @golfergirl08 expects the same. 
    :D
  • Options
    I would definitely get the double! Don't settle.. it's not a pair of shoes it's a major appliance that presumably YOU will be using a lot! I know Lowe's does a lot of no interest financing. .. did you look into that? Sometimes they will give it to you even if they are not running a promotion. We got 0% for 48 months when we purchased new appliances for the new house.

• Options
    Get the double! Tell him you'll bake him cookies :)
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    Check out the same range at Best Buy. I know when we bought ours they not only price matched, but also had free delivery of the new one and free haul away and recycling of the old. And go for the double. Better to get it even if you only use it a few times than regret not getting it? I think it's probably one of those things that once you have it, will use all the time. I can only dream about how amazing holiday baking would be with a double oven!

TTC #1 Since Feb 2012
    Me: 31, DH: 32
    Bloodwork, HSG, and SA = All Good

RE Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, and TI = BFP on June 8!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Beta #1 115, Beta #2 244, 8 week ultrasound shows one beautiful gummy bear and heartbeat!

• Options
    Thanks ladies. Sorry for the p&r
    Last night. I ended up falling asleep on the couch! After sleeping on it I still really think the double is the way to go. Now to do I convince dh
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    I also vote double!!!
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We redid our kitchen last fall and had the same debate. We ended up going with a single with warming drawer. We got a Samsung - this one. But I think we got a better deal. https://www.lowes.com/pd_127346-149-NX58H5600SS_0__?productId=50176255&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-Appliances-_-GasRanges-_-50176255&CAWELAID=320011480002585908&kpid=50176255&CAGPSPN=pla
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    I used to help sell appliances when I worked at Home Depot and right before I left I had heard about an samsung range at a demo class I was at that was a single oven but had a metal divider that came with it that gave you the option of a double oven I though it was pretty cool but never really looked into so I don't know too much about it :(https://www.samsung.com/us/appliances/oven-ranges/FE710DRS/XAA
  • Options
    One way to help convince him... Since most of the time you're using just one half of he double it heats more quickly and efficiently. DH loves that about ours. We got ours as a scratch and dent deal -maybe you could find one like that to bring the price down?
    Me: 25 DH: 26 First-time Mom EDD 2/2/2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    From May 18, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"