Parenting after a Loss
Options

Just threw out our Enfamil sample

So we're starting to wean DD onto formula (supply issues and I'm going back to work on Monday). DH is determined to not pay for formula for as long as possible, so he wrote to every formula company and amassed a variety of samples.  We'd been using the Similac for the last couple weeks, but her daycare provides Enfamil, so we started that sample over the weekend to see if she would be ok with it.

Not only have her farts been stinky (never before), but her pee too.  To top it all off, she blew out her diaper this afternoon (after not pooping for 48 hours so it was quite a bit).  I've never gagged when dealing with a dirty diaper before, but this was a mess.  It smelled like she belonged in the primate house in the zoo.  It was so bad, I had to throw away her onesie ("The one with the duckies on it?" says DH.  "Aw, man!  I liked the ducks!").  She stuck her foot in it too- looked like she just came from Woodstock.  I had to scrub between each of her toes.  DH took a picture of her clothes to show his brother- they're due in April and his brother can't handle poop.  DH wanted to show him what he's in for.

Needless to say, we're going to have to buy formula.  Poor DH. 

m/c 9/22/07 at 8w5d...BFP 12/23/07! DD born 9/4/2008, BFP 2/14/13...DS born 10/22/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just threw out our Enfamil sample

• Options

Sorry about the blowout that stinks (literally). 

Kerri

• Options

Oh, that stinks.  Literally.Stick out tongue

What are you going to do about the daycare?  Does this mean you will have to supply your own?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LMAO @ Dh's reaction to the ducks.?

DD always gets a bath after those kind of blow outs. YUCK! ?

• Options
    imageyellowcar:

Oh, that stinks.  Literally.Stick out tongue

What are you going to do about the daycare?  Does this mean you will have to supply your own?

Unfortunately, yes.  I'll try to send her with BM if I have enough, but we'll just have to portion out formula that agrees with her and send it along every morning.  I'm hoping that she's OK with the Kirkland brand- we have a Costco membership.  Does anyone know if that's similar to Similac or Enfamil?

m/c 9/22/07 at 8w5d...BFP 12/23/07! DD born 9/4/2008, BFP 2/14/13...DS born 10/22/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"