Baby Names
Options

Need Opinions on Girl's Name

We can't decide on a boy's name but have pretty much settled on a girl's name. I just want honest opinions about your first impressions of it.

The girl's name we like is Campbell Lynn (my mom and MIL's middle names are both Lynn so we figured we could make them both happy)

Please lemme know what you think! Thanks guys!

Re: Need Opinions on Girl's Name

• Options
    I think the names sounds nice together.   With that said, I like the name Lynn, but I don't like Campbell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageRandomLurker:
    I think the names sounds nice together.   With that said, I like the name Lynn, but I don't like Campbell.

ditto

Campbell is a boy's name to me and I think of the soup.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like that name. It reminds me of Campbell Brown!
  • Options

imagesept2385:
    I like that name. It reminds me of Campbell Brown!

lol, we totally got the idea from watching CNN. I just love her!

• Options
    My mind immediately went to the soup, but when I repeated it to myself again I kind of liked it.  It's not my style, but I think the names go well together.
  • Options
    NMS, but the names flow nicely.
  • Options
    NMS, but I might spell it Campbelle so it looks more feminine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    its ok, nms, but cute
  • Options
    I like it.  I think Campbell is cute for a girl.
  • Options
    I nanny for a Campbell who is a red headed boy so its hard to picture it being for a girl but I think its kinda cute and like the pp said I like Campbelle as well, looks more feminine, oh and also people tend to call him Cam which could work for a girl!!
  • Options
    Sorry, but Campbell reminds me of soup. I do like Lynn, though! They flow nicely together.
  • Options
    Lynn is fine, but I think of the soup with Campbell.
  • Options
    My first thought was "Campbell is a boy's name."  Campbell doesn't seem feminine at all.
  • Options

I dont like Campbell at all esp. for a girl...it sounds more like a last name to me

If you still plan to use it maybe use a nn and call her Camie

VOTE on my Name List Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Don't like it at ALL.  I dislike last names as first names, first of all, and I also hate boy's names as girl's names.  This is combining two of my dislikes into one name.

I also don't think it flows well with Lynn, because Campbell ends with an "L" sound and Lynn begins with one.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but you did ask for opinions.  :) 

PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Campbell is a last name to me, but I really like Lynn!  But if you and your DH love it, go for it!
  • Options

Not a fan of Campbell at all, and especially not for a girl.  Lynn is nice, though, especially with the family history.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    I like Campbell for a boy, but not for a girl.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

I like Campbell on a girl, and I like the nn Cam or Cammie.

I don't like Lynn at all, but can appreciate the significance of it for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"