Baby Showers

NBSR: We're crowdfunding our wedding

tacky to a new level thought I would share it was in the CNN money section

Tacky at a new level... I cannot afford the wedding of my dreams so here you pay for it 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NBSR: We're crowdfunding our wedding

• I threw up in my mouth a little bit 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I hate these sites, save for funeral fundraising. There was a teenager murdered in a nearby city and his family was very poor. They got donations very easily but this stuff is awful.

I had a friend since 9th grade who I recently cut off all ties with over this. She made a GFM page for a Disneyland vacation with her family, sent several emails over a 2 day period, posted on her FB wall and others several times... Between her antics with evites and making a registry every time she moved (from rental to rental) I had enough. It's terrible.
  • Loading the player...
  • Just ewww.  How long do you think that it'll be until we start seeing this article as justification for baby fundraising ventures?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• VORVOR member
    OMG!  Weddings don't HAVE to be expensive.  Entitlement at it's finest.
  • Disgusting!  

This isn't as bad, but DH's cousin started fundraising to collect money for medical treatment for his dog.  I would have been happy to contribute if they really didn't have the money, but during year that his dog was sick, he bought an e-ring for his girlfriend, they went on a nice vacation and he sold his boat so he could buy a bigger boat!  How can you post pictures of you swimming with dolphins all the while you are hitting people up for cash to help your sick dog?! 
  • sschwege said:
    Disgusting!  

This isn't as bad, but DH's cousin started fundraising to collect money for medical treatment for his dog.  I would have been happy to contribute if they really didn't have the money, but during year that his dog was sick, he bought an e-ring for his girlfriend, they went on a nice vacation and he sold his boat so he could buy a bigger boat!  How can you post pictures of you swimming with dolphins all the while you are hitting people up for cash to help your sick dog?! 
    Oh probably because some Grubby Mctackerson told them, " Oh you shouldn't have to pay for that, you should start a crowd funding account.  It worked for me.  We raised a couple hundred dollars." 
  • sschwege said:
    Disgusting!  

What's an e-ring? Do you mean earring? Or is it like a virtual engagement ring? Or something else I'm clueless about?
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Empireceo said:
    sschwege said:
    Disgusting!  

What's an e-ring? Do you mean earring? Or is it like a virtual engagement ring? Or something else I'm clueless about?
    I believe it's The Knot speak for engagement ring.  (A real one.)
    Yes, sorry a real engagement ring.  Left over from my Knot days I guess :)
  • sschwege said:
    Disgusting!  

Oh probably because some Grubby Mctackerson told them, " Oh you shouldn't have to pay for that, you should start a crowd funding account.  It worked for me.  We raised a couple hundred dollars." 
    Oh I bet!  They even had a tracker on there which showed how close they were to their goal of $4,000.
  • Dis. Gust. Ing.

What is with this ridiculous entitlement??  If you can't afford something, save up for it or scale down your expectations.  When did it become ok to shamelessly ask people for handouts?  A sick child, absolutely.  A sick animal, absolutely.  I'd even donate to a friend who was behind on a tax bill and about to be homeless.  But fucking Christ on a cracker, this is ridiculous.

I've actually seen stuff on a friends' FB wall that someone they knew was trying to raise up a baby fund.  I gagged.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RibbitGrl930RibbitGrl930 member
    edited July 2014
    Ugh. A local radio DJ was just beaming the other day over her Honeymoon Wishes registry, with which loved ones can buy honeymoon accommodations (dinner on the beach, room service, etc.). She claimed to have never heard of it before, but just had to include it when she and her fiance went to the travel agent's office and she (the agent) suggested it. Luckily I had to get to class or I would have called in as soon as I parked to tell her how tacky she was being.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"