May 2014 Moms

Magical frog hold

So I thought Id post this to see if it can help anyone else. I was an a BFing support group and one of the babies about 2-3 moths old was screaming his poor little head off after a feeding and arching his back. Mommy couldn't get him to stop. The LC said baby looked like he was in pain and asked if she'd tried the frog hold. Mommy disagreed that he was in pain but LC asked if she could just try the frog hold to see if it would work. Mommy agreed and like magic baby went from screaming to quiet and content. It was actually amazing. I just thought- wow I wish this poor mom knew this months ago. I tried it on my LO and sure enough she stopped crying.

You curl up their legs frog-like and hang them forward. Apparently it relieves pressure somewhere. Picture attached (please ignore my frump look!)

Hope it helps someone out for at least a minute of quiet :)

Re: Magical frog hold

• Love this, thank you for posting! My MIL suggested this, but over the shoulder (as in burping position) while holding LOs legs in frog position. I thought she was full of it and never tried. Guess she has some useful tips after all :)
  • sws684sws684 member
    Thanks! Gonna try it out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Will definitely remember this when all else fails lol it never hurts to try new things that could soothe my little guy!
  • Always game for new ideas! Thanks! And your LO is too cute! Love all that hair!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Omg this totally works. I was just feeding my little guy and he kept pushing the bottle away and crying. I couldn't get a burp so I tried this frog hold. He immediately farted and seemed like he felt much better!
  • Thanks @smdukes‌ Her hair is quite out of control ... Thinking of starting a 'show your crazy baby hair' thread :)
    So glad it worked for you @Sam0905‌ !
  • I was told something like this but on their back. I'm going to try this thanka!

It's a BOY

• Just tried this out. LO hated it and screamed through it so I thought it wouldn't work. I put her back upright and she sharted. So it did work, but not for quiet! She needed the poop, she hadn't had one since lunch time, which is unusual for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited July 2014
    @spacepotatoes‌ same exact thing here!. I put her upright and she farted twice. I put a thermometer in her butt while having her legs froggied and she sharted, a ton. Success!

It's a BOY

• You can also frog swaddle. Im sure there is a youtube for it

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Definitely gonna try this. Mine arch and fuss a lot during/after feeding. Thanks.

• I tried it when she wasn't screaming just to practice and she spit up soooooooooooooo much. Not sure what that means...
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • @spacepotatoes‌ that made me LOL during my MOTN :)@JKBMA2014‌ Never heard of the thermometer trick. Was this to check for temp or does this stimulate them to go?
    @springbeduk2‌ :( Poor baby
  • I ended up doing this but over the shoulder with DS just because he went into it naturally and seemed to like it. I get really quick burps out of him this way. :)
  • KellyQ116 said:

@springbeduk2‌ :( Poor baby

Thank you but she didn't mind - she's a happy spitter!
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"