Baby Showers

Is it ok to create/print thank you cards and hand out at the baby shower?

edited July 2014 in Baby Showers
I was just wondering about thank you cards for my baby shower this sunday, i know its optimal to get thank you cards sent out asap after a shower, with it being so close to my due date and i can go anytime i was wondering if it's ok to create and print off thank you cards before the shower that i would hand out to everyone at the end as well as the party favor. This way making sure everyone receives one right away and i don't push them back and forget.

I should say the thank yous will be personalized in a way just wont specifically mention each gift.
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Is it ok to create/print thank you cards and hand out at the baby shower? 216 votes

it's ok to hand out at the shower
0% 2 votes
wait till after wards
98% 213 votes
doesn't matter
0% 1 vote

Re: Is it ok to create/print thank you cards and hand out at the baby shower?

• I had a smaller shower (about 12 people), but thank yous only took about an hour to do. Sit down in a comfy spot with a cold beverage and just get them done.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Thank you for your opions. It was defiantly just a thought I understand the need of personalization and.not just putting their name on something generic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Absolutely not!! Thank you's should be hand-written and personalized.  The people who attend your shower took time out of their life to purchase and wrap your gift and even more time to attend your shower.  For me that would be a bit insulting. 

• You can get DH or someone to help write them if you get in a time crunch. I had a few form letters written in advance to go by based on type of gift (found on the internet) and then embellished and modified the wording by hand for each TY card. It helped go a lot faster. Also, you can send a photo of the baby enjoying the item afterwards. I got lots of praise for my thank you cards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is an atrocious idea. Don't be lazy man, just write the Thank You Notes properly for Pete's sake. :-$

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Nope! I would be so offended if I received a thank you note as I left a shower. I can see your intentions are to make sure everyone is thanked in a timely manner; however to a guest that comes off as extremely rude. 

When I did my bridal shower thank you notes, I broke it up into pieces to make it a little easier (as well as to keep my hand from cramping!). I was still able to have them out within less than 2 weeks after my shower. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I always pre-address my thank you note envelopes as soon as I get them.  It saves tons of time later on.

Don't do it at the shower, it's pretty tacky.  People will understand if you don't get them out right away but an individualized, handwritten thank you note is always best.  Do a few at a time, you don't have to blow through them all at once.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am with all the PP -- No, please do not do this! 

It really does not take long to hand write a personalized thank you note and get them out in the mail. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• its all been said.....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"