Parenting after a Loss
Options

How are you dealing with pictures of DC?

I have taken SO many pictures of Maya... and have them pretty well organized in photo albums on Kodak Gallery.  I've only ordered a few of the photos that I've framed for the house but have not put any albums together.

Has anyone started putting albums together?  I don't even know how to go about it!  Just order all the photos I like and go?  Or wait until she is 6 months or so and just pick the best of the best to put in a 0-6 months album?

I don't know why this is on my mind but it is...

:)

Re: How are you dealing with pictures of DC?

• Options
    We've got cd's strewn everywhere backing up our SD card from the camera. I've set up an album that family can view on shutterfly (you get your own url and everything, plus it's free!) that I update as often as possible. Beyond that, I really need to get that scrapbook started...I don't want to end up like my parents with a bajillion boxes of photos in the basement and 30 empty albums.
  • Options
    I upload them to snapfish when i can, after a couple months I printed some and started putting them in an album - Im trying not to be nuts about it so that she doesnt have 10 albums of her first year
    Janine image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have uploaded all Gianna's photos to snapfish and have backed them up on CD.  I need to order my favorites.  I have a scrapbooking album (and all of my scrapbooking gear) ready to go but I have not started it - it is on my to do list.  I really need to get started but I don't know where to start!
  • Options

I love those books you can get made now..I did one on snapfish for my BFF's shower gift.  I would really like to do a book for each month of his first year.  DH is a photographer so I know we'll have tons of pics!!  I was thinking that after that we would do one each year.  Or maybe do one book of the first 6 months and the 2nd 6 months then one/year after that.  I love pics and I know I'll want them to be in a place where I will be able to look at them and I think the books is a great way to do that!

• Options
    imageladybug29:

I love those books you can get made now..I did one on snapfish for my BFF's shower gift.  I would really like to do a book for each month of his first year.  DH is a photographer so I know we'll have tons of pics!!  I was thinking that after that we would do one each year.  Or maybe do one book of the first 6 months and the 2nd 6 months then one/year after that.  I love pics and I know I'll want them to be in a place where I will be able to look at them and I think the books is a great way to do that!

Ladybug, I've totally thought of doing that too!  But then there won't be actual photos... haven't you found having actual photos of you as a kid has been great as an adult?  You can scan them in, etc. I know the technology will change once our kids are grown so I shouldn't even worry about it... but still :)

• Options

I think I am obsessive with pics. I've been making an album for each month on snapfish and I order them at the end of each month and put them into a real album at home. I already have 1 album filled with just 0-3 months. I like the idea of making a photo book from snapfish but I also like having the hard copy photos too. I'm also making her baby book which has lots of pics too.

I've also been making a movie on imovie with my favorite pics and videos and songs. So far the thing is already 12 minutes long and she is only 3 months!! I plan to play it at her 1-year birthday party and give it to the grandparents as gifts next xmas.

• Options

I've done some of this and am working on other parts:

Uploading everything I take to Kodak Gallery.

Burning onto discs and keeping a copy of each at my mom's (just in case...)

Printing favorites of everything and anything I take and putting in a regular photo album.

Making a scrapbook the old school way of the infancy stage for each baby.

Printing a photobook from Shutterfly at the end of each year for each baby to give them one day.

Whew!

• Options
    I'm spending too much money on pictures and I am in the process of making memory books on the walmart website. They are looking SO GOOD, but they are about $30 each! I cant' help it. I'm also trying to make a scrapbook of Avery's first month....
  • Options
    yeah i do like having the pics in my hand if I want them.  Dh tends to save stuff on a disc and we put them in the safe so we'll probably continue to do that so that we "could" print them out if we wanted to.  I love pics!!
  • Options

Dh actually started a website for us:  www.palmettomarshes.com and that is where we have all our pictures right now.  I am planning on getting my favorites printed for the house/albums.

Kerri

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"