November 2014 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited July 2014
    JamieK1882 said: missnacholover said: MrsC430 said: My overbearing MIL just e-mailed me a list of names that "we should really consider" naming our baby girls. Um... thanks but no thanks? :-/ WTF?  Are you sharing your names?  I'd suggest you don't!!!

My bitch:  I have no idea what we should do re: moving locally or moving back to the beach.  It's weighing very heavily on me and stressing me out.

Also, bitching about myself.  My hormotions are out of control and I'm getting anxious and worked up about things that haven't happened yet/may not happen/have a slight possibility of happening.
    Don't read the oct. 2014 BMB. I went on there last night to see what our group will be talking about next month and read a post from someone who had a 24w stillbirth. Ugh. Siking myself out.
    ---------------------- quote box fail--------------------------
    That is so sad. I worry about that all the time, and I'm not sure if I'll ever feel "safe". I know a lot of people think once they reach 24 weeks they are in good shape, but I think I'll breathe a little easier when I'm 30+ weeks...
    maybe
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Loading the player...
  • my neighbors have been doing fireworks for the past 4 days!!! ENOUGH! My cats and toddler hate them, seriously 4 days???! I called the police last night because the ordinance says you can only do the day before, day of, and day after a holiday. Isn't that enough for people??????

I had neighbors do this last year, so fucking annoying. I feel your pain.
  • MrsC430 said:
    My overbearing MIL just e-mailed me a list of names that "we should really consider" naming our baby girls. Um... thanks but no thanks? :-/
    WTF?  Are you sharing your names?  I'd suggest you don't!!!

My bitch:  I have no idea what we should do re: moving locally or moving back to the beach.  It's weighing very heavily on me and stressing me out.

Also, bitching about myself.  My hormotions are out of control and I'm getting anxious and worked up about things that haven't happened yet/may not happen/have a slight possibility of happening.
    Don't read the oct. 2014 BMB. I went on there last night to see what our group will be talking about next month and read a post from someone who had a 24w stillbirth. Ugh. Siking myself out.
    Awww, man.  How awful. 

My anxiety is more of "what if MIL takes over when baby is born?  What if my mom hogs the baby and snatches the baby out of my arms?  What are we going to do for Thanksgiving?  What if nursing doesn't work?"  Dumb things like that. 
    Those were already on my list. Haha. I'm with you. We're having territory issues already with my mother especially.

I know you said you guys are considering moving. Would that put you closer to one side or the other?
  • I am so late to this party today!!  I hope everyone who lost power in the storms has it back soon.

My Monday Bitchfest - opened a strange looking envelope last night and it was a bill for $1600 for genetic testing.  The only testing we've had done other than bloodwork and U/S was the cystic fibrosis screen that was done way back in March.  It looks like it was Out of Network?!  Nice of anyone to mention this to us!!!  And I couldn't get my doctor's office on the phone during my lunch, so they will be getting an earful during my appointment tomorrow.  My DH and I are going to get placards made that say "Is this Out of Network?" to hold up during all the rest of my appointments.  I was warned about this on a different test by a co-worker who has the same insurance as me who recently had a baby about a different test.  After her daughter was born, they came in and took her for a hearing test. Didn't ask for insurance info, etc - and then they got an $800 bill from that testing company.  

I feel really mad and suddenly really distrustful of people I had been trusting to keep my baby and me healthy.
    The same exact thing with out of network happened to me!! I called my insurance and they said that my doctor's office (who is IN network), sent my bloodwork OUT of network which is why I got the $1600 bill.

They supposedly sent it back to the doctor, but if that doesnt' work I have to appeal it. What a pain.
  • Those were already on my list. Haha. I'm with you. We're having territory issues already with my mother especially.

I know you said you guys are considering moving. Would that put you closer to one side or the other?

---Quote Chop---

No, it'd still be about the same driving distance.  Both sets of grandparents live in our home town, about 10 minutes from each other.  However, if we did move, we'd be 3+ hours away from my sister and her kids so my parents wouldn't be able to visit all of us at the same time.

I really don't know what the right decision is.  My heart says move.  My head says it's an irresponsible decision.  The good thing is is that we aren't unhappy living here so if we stay it's not like we'll be miserable.  And if we stay and I continue to work, we can afford a much nicer house (which is something that is definitely factoring in to our decision).

• I REALLY hate unsolicited advice. Being I'm a FTM and I'm surrounded by lots of friends and family that have children plus I have you ladies, when I need advice, I'm quick to ask.

Well, I finally started my registry on Friday (since is was a super rainy day here and all 4th of July festivities were cancelled). A friend of mine who is also pregnant (her first is 16) decided to check out my registry and tell me all the things wrong with it. Because I put a swing AND a bouncy seat with toys and such on it, she had the nerve to ask me if anyone ever plans on holding the baby. I didn't even go into explaining that the swing will be downstairs and if I ever need to shower or do laundry UPstairs with baby, the bouncy seat is where he'll be.

I'm livid. Maybe I'm being super sensitive? Regardless...I'm gonna bitch about it to you ladies :))

Screw your friend! We have a bouncy seat and swing and probably everything you registered for....honestly when you shower the baby can/will either be in the swing in the next room or a bouncy seat in the bathroom with you. I have when people think they know everything and tell people what they are doing wrong. Do what you want and just smile and nod when she tells you that she should have got both:)
  • NLJ82NLJ82 member

krgriffin26  God bless you. My puggle is due for shots and I can't bear to take him. Not because of the shots...he takes those like a champ, but because he fights us like CRAZY. DH & I both have to be there to contain him and he's only about 30lbs. He's terrified of everything, pees and craps all over the table multiple times, REFUSES to stand still, tries to climb to the top of my head, basically just loses ALL of his hair (its insane the amount he sheds from being nervous), & the vet has to be rough with him and pull on his collar which makes me sad but there is literally no other way.

ANYWAY....I'm just saying...I'm so glad it's over for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• NLJ82 said:

krgriffin26  God bless you. My puggle is due for shots and I can't bear to take him. Not because of the shots...he takes those like a champ, but because he fights us like CRAZY. DH & I both have to be there to contain him and he's only about 30lbs. He's terrified of everything, pees and craps all over the table multiple times, REFUSES to stand still, tries to climb to the top of my head, basically just loses ALL of his hair (its insane the amount he sheds from being nervous), & the vet has to be rough with him and pull on his collar which makes me sad but there is literally no other way.

ANYWAY....I'm just saying...I'm so glad it's over for you.

lol yep that is exactly how today went. Our girl is about 40 lbs (she's a random street dog mix.) She probably should be bald by now with all the hair that she lost and we got lucky this time that she only peed on us at home when we tried to put her harness on her. She cried seriously the entire time and looked like she was going to pass out. Oh but she did stop crying once to growl at the pit bull that was licking me. lol  then DH had to ride in the backseat with her on the way home too because I was tried of her crying. OMG I'm so glad we only have to do this once a year

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• @highbornhunter‌ Ugh I'd be pissed too. DH & I had the CF screening done when we were going through IVF. The lab our fertility center used was "in network", but we still got billed $2400 ($1200 per test). Genetic testing can be crazy expensive :( You definitely should have been given a heads up!

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
  • We are renovating our basement and my husband accidently hit the water line. Water went everywhere, I got soaked. It's fixed now but what a mess. Happy Monday.
  • hjennihjenni member
    NLJ82 said:

FINALLY!

*I spent the weekend helping my mom move and being yelled at because I was trying to carry a few light things. This in turn meant that my husband did the majority of the work for the entire house & was grumpy ALL weekend.

*Four months ago I told some GOOD friends of ours that if they wanted my car I would sell it to them very cheap & they accepted. 2 months later, they test drive it and say they definitely want it....a month later still nothing and when I reluctantly brought it up they say "well, we don't have the money for it" AND TWO DAYS LATER POST PICTURES ON FB OF THEIR NEW TRUCK THEY PURCHASED!

*Yesterday a big mirror fell on the back of my head & I've felt weird/dizzy every since. DH thinks I'm crazy...maybe I am, but where's the concern, dude!? Geez

*Oh....and I detest everyone.

The End.

EDIT-OH! LEts not forget my drunk uncle STRONGLY suggesting that we go with Silas instead of Grayson. Not that I hate Silas...but shut up! You've named your kids. Idk how an alcoholic of 20 years can still get so stupid drunk after a few beers...w/e. 

This all sucks but my blood definitely boiled for you about the car thing! Also, I would go to the dr. tomorrow if you're still feeling dizzy or weird. Head injuries are not something you want to mess around with. Here's my bitch. I'm overwhelmed by my registry! Why do there have to be so many choices on everything? On the one hand, I'm glad to have options. On the other hand, my head is spinning! I know this is a small bitch but it's driving me crazy.
    BabyFetus Ticker

N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the third trimester (especially when DH eats my pregnancy food)

• This weekend we stayed at an airbnb rental on some dude's farm. The advertisements were beautiful and it got all five star reviews. It was awful: shit everywhere, numerous animals allowed in the house (dogs, cats, birds, chickens) and allowed to shit/pee on the floor, cats climbing on the counter while we were trying to cook, the gas line broke making it very difficult to cook and also meaning COLD showers, another couple we were with claimed the one quiet and dark room to sleep in (because her SO is a light sleeper), resulting in a sleepless night of roosters crowing and morning sun streaming in at 5 am, the same woman drove me bonkers the entire trip because she was clearly used to only getting her way, I cried in front of my friends because I thought we hit a dog with our car (we didn't), flies were everywhere, and finally a full blown pregnant lady meltdown after a sleepless night complete with tears and possibly yelling. But hey, at least there were puppies on the farm!

Oh man, I don't know how you handled being around the crazy Bnb bossy lady. I would have for real been close to slapping a bitch!
    But yay for the puppies! They always make life better!
  • FhSTAR81 said:

My dog peed on next to Addison in my bed. So she woke up laying in dog pee and now it's laundry central again

Shit, I wish I could so laundry right now. My laundry room is so tiny I have to wait in DH to do it because I can't fit into the laundry room and he is the worst procrastinator. He will wait for like two weeks to do any laundry so I'm down to shit you hide in the back of your closet and hope you don't have to wear. Sounds dumb, but damn if he would just do the laundry.
  • I have to work the next 2 night shift. My son won't leave me alone to sleep. He's 12 and perfectly capable of making a pbj sandwich. Gonna be a long damn week. Oh, and my husband is a lazy $hit
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited July 2014
    Nothing big here. Its monday after a three day weekend.....

Oh! Babys father was supposed to come mow the lawn saturday because he told me i was grounded from it. Fine by me! Lol well he texted and said he couldnt get a ride and he'd try for tomorrow. Sunday came and went, no call or text! I just did it myself cuz im not one to wait. I dont care but let me know whats going on.

• emw87 said:

My tailbone has been hurting the past couple days. I look like an old lady when I stand up. I went to the chiro today and he said there's not much he can do. Google told me i pretty much have to suck it up until after baby is born. So now I'm laying on the couch with an ice pack on my butt.

Can you get a doughnut pillow? Sounds lame but it might help!
  • dr_prdr_pr member
    Late one here.  I'm so freaking tired of not being able to sleep.  DD is either scared of the dark or suffering from separation anxiety, and requires an hour's worth of rocking every night (it seems to hit between 1 and 4 am).  On top of that, my allergies are terrible again from all the fires we're having, so once I'm up to pee, I'm awake for the next hour blowing my nose.  Add in that DD's new wake-up time is now 6:00-6:30 every day (she used to wake up at 8:00--I miss that), and I am so freaking exhausted.  H is absolutely no help in the middle of the night, because I only work part time while he works full time, so he figures I should get up since I can nap after dropping DD off at daycare.  I see his point, but this exhaustion is getting to dangerous levels, and I teach a chem lab!  Plus I am worthless during my normal prep/grading time, and I'm sure I've made tons of mistakes.  I don't know how I can get him to see how much I'm drowning here.

Add to it that he's trying to get DD's room ready so we can move her over, which meant I was solo with her for the entire weekend.  She's really fun, but so.much.work.  And now he tells me that he's going to be busy the next 2 weekends as well with her room, so I'll be on my own again.  I just don't know if I can do this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• emw87 said:

Djtickles said:

emw87 said:

My tailbone has been hurting the past couple days. I look like an old lady when I stand up. I went to the chiro today and he said there's not much he can do. Google told me i pretty much have to suck it up until after baby is born. So now I'm laying on the couch with an ice pack on my butt.

Can you get a doughnut pillow? Sounds lame but it might help!
    Googling it now, thanks! :-)

Sure DH had one when he broke his tailbone to sit on til it healed!
  • mine is late sure to phone service at work.
    I am on lunch when this woman sits down with a table of six people 4women 2men. after a few minutes I am reading mindng my own business and watching tv that is on past them. I notice she leans in to one and stares at me while taking them the other lady looked at me. WTF... Ok then she leans into another she stares at me. WTF it happened four times before one last says who are you talking about. original gossiper says the girl during behind you. she has same hair cut and color as you. seriously WTF I am right here!!

I tried to mind my own business I couldn't. "You know I can hear you!!!" scilence... then they dispersed are you kidding me???I

I dislike people. My haircut was done 2months before I transfered there. My hair color is natural not like her dye job.

if I wasnt hormonal I wouldn'tcare but no I am pissed so now I just death stare them.
  • Today has had it's share of good and bad. Since the post is bitchfest that's what I'll do. My husband opened our window that doesn't have a screen. My indoor kitty got out and I didn't realize she was gone till I started looking for her about 15 minutes ago. I walked outside to call for her and luckily she came running but it added to my already emotional mood. My sex drive has increased but my husband tells me his has decreased. I can't help but feel unattractive due to my growing belly. I just want to cry today. I hope this passes quickly! At least I found my kitty and she's home safe!
  • emw87 said:

@emw87‌ I feel you! Mine is doing the same thing!

• @dh2613 I bet it's super cute! I want to see!
  • dh2613dh2613 member
    edited July 2014
    @dh2613 I bet it's super cute! I want to see!

I have not taken a picture of the whole room, but this was DH messing around before we painted. He wrote the baby's name on the wall. We went with that green... The more I walk into the room the more it grows on me, but I keep wondering if it is just laziness to not paint again. :)

Edit: Ugh Photo did not add.. Sorry. image

• dh2613 said:
    @dh2613 I bet it's super cute! I want to see!

I have not taken a picture of the whole room, but this was DH messing around before we painted. He wrote the baby's name on the wall. We went with that green... The more I walk into the room the more it grows on me, but I keep wondering if it is just laziness to not paint again. :)

Edit: Ugh Photo did not add.. Sorry. image

It's adorable!  I say keep it.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsC430 said:
    @highbornhunter‌ Ugh I'd be pissed too. DH & I had the CF screening done when we were going through IVF. The lab our fertility center used was "in network", but we still got billed $2400 ($1200 per test). Genetic testing can be crazy expensive :( You definitely should have been given a heads up!
    Update!  I got ahold of my Dr's office and the lab this morning - I actually only owe a small co-pay, I don't know what they were thinking trying to scare a poor pregnant woman to death by sending her a $1600 bill.  Tuesday is off to a MUCH better start!
    CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"