February 2015 Moms

@@@ Monday Bitchfest @@@@

MaddScientistMaddScientist member
edited July 2014 in February 2015 Moms
Let's get all these vents centrally located! 

Re: @@@ Monday Bitchfest @@@@

• I F@cking hate fireworks, kept me and DS up every night this weekend with all the neighbors firing them off until the wee hours of the morning....

Can't wait until next 4th when I have a toddler AND a six month old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Our credit card recently switched over and I told H that he should make sure he gets the new info to any pre-authorized payments.  He couldn't think of any, fine.  I get an email last week from our pet insurance company saying our card was declined, they need the new number.  I forwarded the email to H and asked him to do it, he said yes.  I got another reminder a couple days later and again, forwarded to him.  He said he would do it.  Do you think he's done it??  Nope!  So I guess I know what I'm doing this morning.  Grrrrr.  
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jaytee16 said:
    Our credit card recently switched over and I told H that he should make sure he gets the new info to any pre-authorized payments.  He couldn't think of any, fine.  I get an email last week from our pet insurance company saying our card was declined, they need the new number.  I forwarded the email to H and asked him to do it, he said yes.  I got another reminder a couple days later and again, forwarded to him.  He said he would do it.  Do you think he's done it??  Nope!  So I guess I know what I'm doing this morning.  Grrrrr.  
    This sorta happened to me. I cancelled an old card (so I thought - cut it up and everything) and got a new one. Fast forward 3 months and I get a phone call from the cc company about an outstanding bill - apparently our pet sitter had the old card on file and charged it. I no longer had the card and thought the account was cancelled - we moved so I don't think I was getting all the mail. Anyway, I had to pay a late fee and it pissed me off. 

The card is definitely cancelled now. However, I just got a statement in the mail and I have a credit of 26 cents. WHAT! I paid the exact bill over the phone and cancelled the account - apparently they somehow overcharged me 26 cents.

...also I haven't called the pet sitter and given them the new card number. I will probably wait till I use them again, forget, have them try to charge the old card and it not go through, get a call and give them the new number then :)

• Oem617Oem617 member
    I'm so sick of being so exhausted. DS was with my parents for 2 nights this weekend and I still am exhausted. I'm so ready for 2nd tri.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I posted a completely benign thread elsewhere and (most of) the responses were kind of bitchy-one or two were over the top. Made me want to just stay here. I'm put off. At first I chalked it up to myself maybe being too sensitive about it but I just went back after awaking and was shocked by what else had been posted, especially one gal's response where she agreed with me. Kind of unreal and stupid.
  • People at my work are slowing starting to find out I'm pregnant because of all the time I missed for doctors appointments and the fact that I cancelled an overseas work trip because my doctor didn't want me to travel to Japan. So now I'm fielding 21 questions to every single person. So frickin annoying. I know they mean well, but I'd just like to do my job and go home! Stop bothering me :-@
  • I had a lovely 4 day weekend (thurs-sun) with O and now I'm at my desk and I feel like crying. Why can't I just have all week. I could've asked for it. I didn't. Why? Cause I'm dumb. I'm sure we're going to get home and bitch about how much we hate our jobs.
    "As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen." -Winnie The Pooh

• Oh I got one now.
    We recently moved (i.e. may) and I switched all our utilities accounts to the new address. For some reason I am stupid and only switched some of our automatic bill payments over to the new account. So, now I have over $120 paid to an old water bill account, and I didn't pay last months bill on the new account. Now, I will have to call the city water people and see if I can transfer the credit on the old account over to the new account and not have to pay a late fee. ugh. I hate customer service calls like that - they take forever and never seem to resolve to my satisfaction.
  • Ugh!  I spent ALL of Friday afternoon working on someone's computer only for them to turn around this morning and have my colleague do it all over again on their other computer!  (Which I specifically asked about before starting the many hours of work I did on Friday).  Cue rage.  Way to waste so much of my time, asshole.
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ^^ I am indiscriminately love titing all your posts now.
  • Figureing out insurance is ridiculous. I like, don't UNDERSTAND what I am reading, here. It sucks. I'm trying to figure out what co-pays and stuff will be and it is super confusing.

We're in the same boat. Our plan just changed July 1st. I think we're in deep shit with this new plan. We have a $3K deductible before they start paying for anything. I have my first sono Wed. I called the office, about $250 oop. O.O

Anniversary

• HernsyHernsy member
    I may kill my SIL. A friend gave a very nice & perfect condition crib & dresser/changing table when she knew we were trying. It took us longer than expected & SIL had a baby & needed a crib. I loaned her ours since we weren't using it. We just got it back & I am so pissed at the condition it's in. The hardware is scattered between two houses (initially she couldn't find it all) it's banged up, scratched & there's a corner that broken off. I can't believe how careless she was with it!! When I borrow stuff I take better care of what isn't mine!

There's no "I'm sorry", no I'll help you fix it. After noticing I was obviously pissed she says, "I'll buy you another one". She is now a single mom of two who just recently moved back I with the IL's b/c she's having money trouble. Seriously?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm kicking myself for not taking a powdered donut from the work kitchen this morning. Dumbass, party of me.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Hernsy said:
    I may kill my SIL. A friend gave a very nice & perfect condition crib & dresser/changing table when she knew we were trying. It took us longer than expected & SIL had a baby & needed a crib. I loaned her ours since we weren't using it. We just got it back & I am so pissed at the condition it's in. The hardware is scattered between two houses (initially she couldn't find it all) it's banged up, scratched & there's a corner that broken off. I can't believe how careless she was with it!! When I borrow stuff I take better care of what isn't mine! There's no "I'm sorry", no I'll help you fix it. After noticing I was obviously pissed she says, "I'll buy you another one". She is now a single mom of two who just recently moved back I with the IL's b/c she's having money trouble. Seriously?!
    ewww, that is completely douchey of her.  Of course she will say "ill buy you another one" because she knows you know her financial situation and wouldn't put that on her, I hate those types of empty offers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• So I finally decide that spaghetti sounds amazing for lunch (thanks to my fellow bumpies) and head downstairs to go to lunch.  Only to find a big 18-wheeler has completely blocked in my car and the driver is no where to be found!  This is unacceptable as my tummy is viciously growling!  Sadly, I have no alternative way to get food so I must wait :(
  • @sugahcookie01 I am currently calling the two hospitals in our area/Humana to find out what our copays will be for delivery & get an estimate of what we will owe to the hospital after insurance.  My ob/gyn has already given me their bill, lol.  But getting info from the hospital/Humana is driving me batty.  Every rep keeps saying we don't handle that, let me transfer you!  UGH!!!!!
    BFP 6.27.14

BabyFruit Ticker

• My MIL is giving my hubby such a hard time because we aren't going on the family camping trip this year. We aren't going because everyone drinks at all times. What preggo wants to be surrounded by that for 3 days straight. Not me! And he's doing a nice thing and staying home with me. She just does not get it and thinks he should he without me and told him he was being rude. Ugh.
  • HernsyHernsy member
    mommy423g said:
    @sugahcookie01 I am currently calling the two hospitals in our area/Humana to find out what our copays will be for delivery & get an estimate of what we will owe to the hospital after insurance.  My ob/gyn has already given me their bill, lol.  But getting info from the hospital/Humana is driving me batty.  Every rep keeps saying we don't handle that, let me transfer you!  UGH!!!!!
    So I finally found some info, and it says "Maternity" is 100% covered, indicating no co-pay for stuff. BUT THEN I'm like . . . is that all prenatal care? All hospital stay? I have no idea!
    I know this makes life even more complicated, but I work in insurance.  If your plan is a non-grandfathered plan they are required to pay prenatal maternity care at the preventive benefit level.  Otherwise they can cover it as any other "illness".  That won't include the facility for delivery, but @sugahcookie01 that sounds like what your plan is doing.  That typically includes anything that is coded as prenatal.  The facility charge is covered as inpatient.  It's a pain, I know.  I work in insurance for big companies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Look at you insurance go-getters. I'm a terrible procrastinator so I shall state my intentions here in front of witnesses: TODAY I will call my insurance and start to figure out what this baby is going to cost.
  • jaytee16 said:

Ok, seriously WTF, H?? It's a resealable bag yet you tear open the other end? Grrrrr. Yes, I'm bitchy today.

Hah, my husband does the same thing. It boggles my mind.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives

• mommy423g said:

@sugahcookie01 I am currently calling the two hospitals in our area/Humana to find out what our copays will be for delivery & get an estimate of what we will owe to the hospital after insurance.  My ob/gyn has already given me their bill, lol.  But getting info from the hospital/Humana is driving me batty.  Every rep keeps saying we don't handle that, let me transfer you!  UGH!!!!!

So I finally found some info, and it says "Maternity" is 100% covered, indicating no co-pay for stuff. BUT THEN I'm like . . . is that all prenatal care? All hospital stay? I have no idea!

Our insurance has a maternity rider and maternity is covered 100%. All of my prenatal appointments, ultrasounds, the hospital stay, pain meds, and baby's first check up are covered under that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Its really hot outside and I just hauled in at least 30 bags of groceries and now I have to put them in the refrigerator . I'm tired !

• I got a $160 speeding ticket on my way to work. Happy Monday! :D
  • My friend is getting married and wants me to be a bridesmaid! You might think "this statement isn't a bitchfest", but wait there's more! Initially she gave me a heart attack because she wanted to have it in February (I haven't shared my preg news yet, and I wasn't ready to reveal yet). Then after talking a bit more with her fiance, they decided they want to get married IN TWO MONTHS so they could try to get a specific venue. WTH IS SHE THINKING?!?! The two of them have been dawdling about the wedding thing forever, and now that they've decided to finally commit to it, they just want it to appear immediately. It wouldn't be so bad if they were going with the simple wedding they always talked about...now instead they want a specific theme to come together to match the venue they have yet to book. And she's not a planner-type who'd create a method to get it done in time. Instead she messages me "I don't know what I'm doing. I NEED YOUR HELP!" I don't live close by--I can't hold her hand through this as much as she wants me to. I've told her to tell her family ASAP since they can help her and since she wants her brother to be her man of honor anyway, but she wants to wait a week to do in person since she thinks it'll be awkward (makes no sense to wait then, imho). I told her then they need to work on the process of booking the venue and finding a wedding planner immediately to sort it out from there, but I swear with all the feet dragging going on you could make a moat around them. /rant
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Our Baby Yoshi is a GIRL!!!
  • Also super tired after fireworks antics all night for several nights in my neighborhood. To top it all off, I was hit with some extreme allergies that are making me fairly extra miserable for a few days. ..
  • I am so fucking mad and heartbroken to see so many losses today. It isn't fair, and it makes me sad and scared and full of so many emotions. I'm crying at work. image
    THIS!! 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Its really hot outside and I just hauled in at least 30 bags of groceries and now I have to put them in the refrigerator . I'm tired !

Safeway.com or any grocery store that delivers is TOTALLY worth it in these instances. Putting them away is always a drag, but at least you'll only have that to do, and hopefully have more energy for it.
  • aks01aks01 member
    This is probably from spending all my time on TK when I was wedding planning but one of DH's friends is getting married Labor Day weekend. It's a "destination" wedding in the mountains. They didn't send out STDs and expect everyone to rent a cabin for the weekend. Since it's a holiday weekend we have to stay 3 nights which is going to cost almost $300, plus the gas for the 5 hour drive and the gift. The etiquette snob in me is super annoyed and I don't want to go but DH is in the wedding. Which also means I get to hang out by myself while he does groomsmen things because I won't know anyone else there.

• Called my insurance... cue the real bitchfest. This baby's gonna be expensive. In hindsight, I should have opted for the more robust plan during the last open enrollment. Damn!
  • When's the next open enrollment? Can you change it so at least coverage is better at birth?
  • I am so fucking mad and heartbroken to see so many losses today. It isn't fair, and it makes me sad and scared and full of so many emotions. I'm crying at work. image

@sugahcookie01‌ Now I'm crying at your post. It's perfect <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH does not comprehend that I DO NOT under any circumstances, have any desire to have sex right now. I'm bloated, exhausted, have more break outs then I ever had in middle school, and for the love of God I'm growing a damn human. Every f*cking evening the same conversation.. "You don't want me anymore." "No dear, that's not it." Tonight I'm going to say BINGO buddy! Don't touch me until I say you can thanks bye.

Ps. Could the dreamgasms be to blame? I've never had one in my life and suddenly pow pow it's almost every night!

Married 9/13/13

TTC 2/1/14

IUI w/ Clomid 5/9/14

BFP 5/30/14

1st US w/ one strong HB at 161 7/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"