March 2014 Moms
Options

Sleep - Swaddle to Merlin's Magic Sleepsui

Hi everyone,
There's been a few posts on sleep, so I wanted to provide a quick review on the Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit. Our LO was in a RNP for about 10ish weeks but he's a big boy and has quickly grown out of it. We tried PNP and he hated it. Moved him to his crib and he did fine for about 2 weeks and suddenly didn't want to be swaddled anymore (at all). Tried to go one arm out, 2 arms out ... He wasn't having it BUT couldn't stay asleep unswaddled because of reflex. I bought a Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit and he's done soooo much better with the transition. He still startles occasionally but can go back to sleep. I was worried about the heat since we're in California and it's 85+ degrees so the only solve has been to lower our AC to 65-69 because that Sleepsuit is rather thick. I haven't noticed any sweating. He definitely likes being a bit more free.

So net-net if you're looking for a transition from RNP to crib and out of swaddle all at the same time you might want to consider the Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit. Our LO can't turnover yet so I'm not too worried about that. He seems to really like it... worth the $40-50.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sleep - Swaddle to Merlin's Magic Sleepsui

• Options
    Totally agree with you. Our daughter was the same - started sleeping worse because she'd fight the swaddle but couldn't sleep if we swaddled with one, or both, arms out. The sleep suit has been amazing. She goes down easier, we can put her down awake but sleepy and she can put herself to sleep. Before we had to rock her til she was passed out then gently put her down. I feel like when her startle reflex finally calms down that the transition out of this will be easy. Money very well spent!

• Options
    Last night I noticed the tag might be bothering him so I'll cut it out tonight and see if that helps.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We love ours! Had the same problems with the swaddle. Tonight she was awake for ten min just laying I. Her crib then fell asleep. No crying
  • Options

Same swaddle issues here too.  We just got ours and used it for the first time last night and now again for nap time today - so far so good!  I don't want to jinx it but it seems to really work!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We lowered our AC to 69°. I've noticed 70-71 is okay and our LO runs hot like his daddy. I've never felt any sweat when wearing it. In fact he happens to feel cooler in the new suit than he was in a SwaddleMe. I think it's because the air can escape from the arm and leg holes.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hahah it definitely looks like a snow suit. As far as size it depends on how large your baby is. Our LO is in the 90th percentile for weight and height so we got the bigger size and he has growing room in it. They also recommend not using it after the baby can turn over.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I believe they say stop once they can roll over IN it. So I think that will give me some more time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"