Blended Families

NBFR but sibling age difference and surprises!

No, I'm not pregnant. Lol

Ok, so I am going to be 25 in a couple weeks, my full brother is 16, we have a sister that just turned 3 last month, and my mom just called me Monday to tell me she is pregnant again.

WITH TWINS!

I'm happy for her, but it's still so unreal for me to think that my son will be 5 when these babies are due. She is supposed to be a grandmother. We might as well just decide to be sisters instead and say the young kids are cousins.

It really doesn't matter to me a whole lot anyway because I see and talk to her so little that my little sister hardly knows who I am (if she really does at all). These babies will probably be the same. That makes me sad, but we are both at fault for that.

So anyway, there you have it.

Re: NBFR but sibling age difference and surprises!

• My kids have similar gaps in age. My oldest is going to be 23 this year, and my youngest just turned 4 months. I grew up with uncles and aunts close in age and some cousins who are even older then my mother. It tends to happen a lot in big families, and I guess new families that blend. 

Sorry about the distance between all of you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• My sister is only 10 years younger than me and I'm not close to her at all. Mostly because my SM doesn't approve.

Also I have to add that I love being a mom I would never want to parent my WHOLE life. That's insane!!!
    utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats big sister!

FWIW, my oldest and youngest siblings are 24 years apart. My oldest & this one I'm PG with will be 16.5 years apart. 25 years isn't unheard of but, well, not common.

I second the sentiment about not wanting to parent my whole life.
  • I know it's not unheard of, but I just never imagined being part of it. My grandmother and her youngest sister are super super close and they are 26yrs apart (my dad's side, not my mom's).

It's just kind of funny, though, because my mom always said she would never xyz, she couldn't believe anyone would want to do xyz, etc And she is doing exactly all those things.
  • She's eatin' crow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"