Babies on the Brain
Options

another after severe post partum hemorrhage?

edited June 2014 in Babies on the Brain
has anyone had another baby after a post partum hemorrhage? if so, did you hemorrhage again? i had my ds 2.5 years ago and hemorrhaged so badly i almost lost my life. my dh wants to have another baby, i am so scared to leave my ds, child, dh, family, friends everything. i saw the obgyn that treated me and she essentially blamed it on the nurses (which we assumed). i have yet to see my midwife since my 2wpp visit. would you chance it or be happy with just one? edit, i also had pre-e and gd.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: another after severe post partum hemorrhage?

• Options
    I had post partum hemorrhaging 6 weeks after giving birth to my daughter and almost died. It was terrifying, but in my case was a very freak thing because I had retained tissue. We have not yet tried for #2, but we still want another even though I will still be nervous that it will happen again. If you're really nervous about it, I would talk it over with your doc! Hopefully someone else can weigh in to put your mind at ease.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    L&D nurse thoughts.. If you're a red head, I have extra meds because red heads bleed. If you've had a previous hemorrhage that wasn't retained placenta but due to uterine atony I'm also loading up on preemptive meds. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

not a red head. i am just very tiny and had a 10lb'er. nurses weren't checking my uterus enough, and when they did they thought it was urine (my catheter came out in the or), but it was really blood. my pulse skyrocketed, my bp dropped morbidly low. small hospital so an obgyn had to be called, i was rushed to or for d&c, given lots of blood. i saw that same obgyn a few weeks ago, she said i can go for it and they would monitor me. i am still so nervous, and even went for a second opinion but the lady didn't have a recommendation either way.

boxergurl, sorry you had to go through that.

• Options
    No ultrasounds predicted a 10 pounder? Better control of your GD and inducing you earlier may be a good option. If your OB is aware of all of this, then i'd feel comfortable having another. 
  • Options

i had dreams i would have a 10lb'er. at 12w, he measured about 8d ahead, at 20w about 9/10d ahead. i knew all my dates so i knew i was not wrong. she thought i was crazy for having those dreams. i had to meet with a nutritionist because of the gd, and i was already doing everything that she recommended. i had to check my levels four times a day. two days before i had my ds the midwife predicted he was no more than 8lbs. i was also 8d over edd. date of ovulation is next week, i am thinking we might go for trying.

• Options
    At 2.5 years out you're in the safe range for another pregnancy. Smart to wait after a pph. Good luck :)
  • Options
    No ultrasounds predicted a 10 pounder? Better control of your GD and inducing you earlier may be a good option. If your OB is aware of all of this, then i'd feel comfortable having another. 
    Because they are soooo accurate! They measured my dd at 7lbs 14oz, and said she was likely bigger. When she was born 4 days later she was 6lbs 10oz. Ultrasound weight estimates are not accurate at all.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Umm usually they are pretty accurate. Speaking as an L&D nurse. And you are? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"