November 2014 Moms
Options

TMI question about the sex.

Does anyone else feel nauseous/dizzy after sex?  I felt this way a bit in the first tri but it had gotten better, but today, about an hour after sex, holy crap, I thought I was going to pass out. 

Anyone else? 

DH said he's going to put me on orgasm bed rest.  Of course, not for himself though, haha.

Re: TMI question about the sex.

• Options
    I felt a little lightheaded last time from the motion of the ocean, but we've hit a dry spell so I can't say if that still happens as of lately.  I've got a feeling it's going to be pretty dry from here on out.  DH is a little weirded out now that the belly somewhat gets in the way...
    We're welcoming a girl to our family--Audrey Kay!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 8.28.10 | Me: 26 DH: 26 | Due with our First | EDD 11.01.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you lying on your back? That will cause blood circulation issues and dizziness

• Options
    kstirton said:
    Are you lying on your back? That will cause blood circulation issues and dizziness
    During sex?  Usually, yeah.  Hmmmm. 

• Options

kstirton said:
    During sex?  Usually, yeah.  Hmmmm. 
    In my experience, that comes a little later in the pregnancy (like 3rd tri or thereabouts), although everyone is different so it's definitely something to think about. If you think that might be the problem, you could try either switching positions or using pillows to prop up your upper body somewhat.
    Thanks, I'll try that next time!

• Options
    This thread makes me jealous. I haven't had sex since the end of April people!!! Ugh damn you pelvic rest!!!
  • Options
    I've heard of a few women getting nauseous/dizzy during their a/s from being on the back with their heart above their feet, so def is possible that it happens in the 2nd trimester! I know What to expect says around 4-5 months in it's a good idea to avoid lying on your back or stomach. Left side is the best side. :) Hubby and I spoon when we have sex w/ me on my left side and it works perfectly. :)

• Options
    Time to switch to doggy style? Or get a sex swing!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    AeandJb said:
    I used to get super dizzy. I would drink a whole glass of water right before, which seems weird, but it helped. Even though I always drank enough water and still do, all the heavy breathing and whatnot would dehydrate me super quick. Since our a/c sucks, we usually don't have sex during the summer and we especially aren't right now. I was so excited for the "increase in discharge" symptom, but it hasn't happened. :( That might seem weird, but I've been dry for months.

To those of you lucky enough to be getting some, does the baby sleep or kick up a storm during it?
    For me, baby seems to move around a lot post orgasm (from sex or self-delivered).  Perhaps I'll feel more kicking when I'm further along!

Thanks for all the tips, guys!  I think doggie style may have to move into regular rotation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"