August 2014 Moms

[6/30] Aug '14 PGAL Weekly Check-In @)-->-----

Welcome to the August ‘14 PgAL Check-In! 
This is a weekly check-in for women who are due in the month of August (or thereabouts) and have suffered a previous pregnancy loss.  Being pregnant after a loss can produce a mix of emotions.  This check-in is intended to provide support while we make our way through each trimester. 
If your EDD has changed, please let me know.  I try to pay attention to the board and get the latest update, but apologies if I missed out and I'm posting outdated info.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDD (if this is your first time on the check in): 
How many weeks are you:
How are you feeling (physically/emotionally):
Upcoming appointments or milestones:
What's been going down this past week:
GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@arusso07 - 8/15/2014
@babypants11 - 8/7/2014
@bkroxfan003 - 8/21/2014
@caybeh - 8/3/2014
@Elbug - 8/2/2014
@esmith10 - 8/16/2014
@ginny5683 - 8/8/2014
@KaleMonster - 8/4/2014
@kountingsheep - 8/24/2014
@Lena76 - 8/22/2014
@lingchow8655 - 7/31/2014
@MamaTugboat - 8/6/2014
@mdarmetko - 8/7/2014
@MeganEMcG5 - 8/6/2014
@mmsweeney1 - 8/23/2014
@MorganElise511 - 8/12/2014
@MrsDeo - 8/21/2014
@mv9310 - 8/22/2014
@Pink021 - 8/6/2014
@Ptarma - 8/23/2014
@Russiandea12 - 8/10/2014
@tahitiansun - 8/18/2014
@Third&goal - 8/18/2014
@XpectingTwinnies - 8/11/2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!

Re: [6/30] Aug '14 PGAL Weekly Check-In @)-->-----

• How many weeks are you: 33w5d

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Physically, pretty good! I'm still wearing high heels, which is pretty amazing considering how my ankles looked at this point with DS. The only thing that's getting pretty tough these days is sleeping. I have a really hard time falling asleep, even if I'm exhausted, and I wake up pretty constantly to get comfortable.

Emotionally, I'm definitely balancing the excitement and anxiety/fear of it all. It's just as scary the second time around, but with a few new fears (how will we do with 2, how will DS adjust, will she be as easy/hard as DS, etc.). It's also difficult because I'm not sure if this will be it for us. H says we should be done, but I'm not ready to definitively say that! So, I'm dealing with the emotions of this MAYBE being the last time I feel those kicks. Ugh...

Upcoming appointments or milestones: What's been going down this past week: Routine OB 7/3

GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)? Hmm...this is tough, because I like all 3 for different reasons! For boating/lounging I'm a fan of the lake, for DS fun I'm a fan of the pool, but my favorite is the ocean. I love body surfing on a perfect wave day!

• How many weeks are you: 35w0d

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Physically, I am starting to experience some more mild aches in my pubic area, and feeling very large lately!  Emotionally, the realization that this little guy has to actually come out at some point is starting to sink in.  A friend of mine had her baby on Wednesday at 36 weeks, and it has kind of freaked me out that my baby could really come at any time!  I've told Baby KaleMonster that he is welcome to arrive anytime after July 11th (he's be past 37 weeks, and H is done with all of his work travel at that point), otherwise he's grounded.

Upcoming appointments or milestones: 36 week appointment next week.  The internals are going to start and they'll do the Strep B test that day as well.

What's been going down this past week:  My sisters hosted my family baby shower on Sunday!  It was awesome, and I am constantly overwhelmed by the generosity of the people in my life.

GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)?  I live in MN, so lakes are our thing.  I just don't like touching seaweed or thinking about underwater creatures touching me!

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • caybehcaybeh member
    How many weeks? 35w1d

How are you feeling? Physically, tired. We were gone all weekend, so I'm sure that has some to do with my exhaustion. However, most days lately I am just wiped out. Emotionally, freaking out. I haven't let myself think about labor until now. The reality is sinking in that within the next month this is happening and it freaks me out. Yes, I'm a STM, but I think that makes it worse. I'm not freaking out about life with two kids, it's more the actual labor.

Upcoming appts: 7/3

GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most? I don't really get to a body of water often, but I'd probably say all time is ocean. I've only been out to the ocean a few times, but it was beautiful.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• How many weeks are you: 34w 5d

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Emotionally some roller coasters, but I'm learning to navigate them a lot better. Physically I'm in a lot of pain, every day I feel like I'm recovering from a grueling lacrosse practice or workout. And my pelvic area feels like I took a marathon 6 hour spin class. Tylenol and pillows are my best friend now. But it does make me frustrated that I can't be as agile as I used to be. Trying to keep my chin up as there's 5 more weeks!

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Another appt in 2 wks, where I'll have a pelvic check. 

What's been going down this past week: Had a good drs appt on Friday, she's measuring on track and her HR is perfect. More house stuff and baby prep. Almost done! Few more last minute buys (wipes, etc) and then I'm sure we'll have forgot something :) 

GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)? Pool (with heating capabilities) or the Ocean (but not New England/Northeast beaches, ick gross). 
    BFP 8.3.13 | EDD 4.10.14 | MMC 8.29.13 @ 7w6d || BFP 11.25.13 | EDD 8.6.14
  • Lena76Lena76 member
    Weeks- 32 1/2

Feeling- definitely more aches and pains! Trying to rest as much as possible. Emotionally doing great.

Appts- 34 week check in on the 9th. 32 week check in went well. Found out we'll need to arrive at the hospital at 5am the morning of the RCS!

Past week-my girlfriends threw me a surprise "sprinkle"Friday night. We now have lots of diapers and wipes. My son is spending the week with my parents so DH and I don't know what to do with ourselves!

GRKY- I love to sit at the edge of the ocean!
  • How many weeks are you: 34 weeks, Butternut Squash
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Physcially still tired, uncomfortable and swollen.  Emotionally, nervous about RCS delivery but excited that she will be here in 5 weeks!
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: Apt. Wednesday.
    What's been going down this past week: Went on hospital tour on Saturday, since we moved after having my son and I will be having a c-section at a hospital I have never seen.  I was emotional, and yes cried during the tour, over not being able to experince a V birth, since my son was an emergency c-section and this time around is a RCS, when they were telling all the FTM about the labor process.
    GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)? Ocean.  I grow up going to beach every summer, and I find swimming, listening and looking at it so relaxing.

• How many weeks are you: 32 and 2 days
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Feeling tired more often and aches and pains but overall I just want to meet this baby girl!
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: NSTs and ultrasounds 2x per week - feeling like I should just move in to the dr office
    What's been going down this past week: Not much really, counting down the days
    GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)? Pool :)

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• @bkroxfan003 - Glad you trip went well.  The swollen feet thing sucks though.  Have fun recuperating!
    @caybeh - Don't freak out about labor!  Your body was designed for this and more relaxed you are, the more you allow your body to do it's job.  Freaking out or being tense will just make things more uncomfortable :)
    @KaleMonster - I'm glad your baby shower was so wonderful and you have such great people in your life.  Hope everything is going well for your friend and her new baby.
    @Lena76 - I'm sure you can think of SOMETHING to do with your DH while kid free ;)
    @MamaTugboat - Yes, 5 more weeks and you can bend over to tie your shoes… hopefully.  I'm thankful we are in flip-flop season.
    @MeganEMcG5 - Wow! I can't believe you are still rocking heals!  Kudos!
    @mmsweeney1 - That is a lot of Dr visits.  I hope you live close so it's not such a PITA to get there.
    @MorganElise511 - It's pretty awesome seeing an u/s at this point.  You can't fit a lot onto the screen, but you can see some cool facial features.
    @Pink021 - Eek, roof problems are the worst.  Hope it turns out to be an easy fix!
    @Russiandea12 - They won't allow you to try a VBAC?

image  image
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
  • Hanging in there at 33 weeks! Not much else going on this week except waiting for my shower next week and then appointment at 35 weeks
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• @mdarmetko‌ My OB recommended a RCS due to my labor which resulted in a c-section with my son. I agree with her decision but was just a little emotional about not having the v birth experience, especially since this will be my last pregnancy.

• How many weeks are you: 33 weeks!
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): physically, I am feeling pretty good except I have horrible calf cramps- is that even a pregnancy symptom? So weird. Emotionally, I am doing well for the most part- getting excited but nervous about bringing a new baby home and how that will impact DS.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: regular appt 7/8
    What's been going down this past week:

I did the hospital tour because I am delivering at a different hospital than where I had DS. I most definitely got teary-eyed when the lullaby played announcing a birth when we on the L/D floor. :)
    GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)? Pre-DS, I would say ocean but now pool is MUCH easier to contain/watch him.

I hope all of you ladies have wonderful weeks and 4th of July weekends!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• How many weeks are you: 32, Squash
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): feeling pretty good. Excited to meet this girl, but still enjoying feeling her move and grow as an inside baby!
    What's been going down this past week: getting ready for my daughters 7th birthday and trying to survive the AZ heat!
    GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)? Ocean for sure. More near it than in it, but beach time is good time!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ginny5683 - I read your thread.  FX that everything goes great for you.  I look forward to seeing any updates you get around to.  PS, July 4th babies aren't so bad, I'm one! ;)
    @kountingsheep - Don't worry, once you get to 5-6 weeks it seems so short.
    @luvbrettnizzy - 2 summer babies, oh boy!  Hope the party goes well!
    @MrsDeo - Ouch, no AC at home? I bet the heat alone is making you tired.
    @tahitiansun - Yeah, leg cramping is a symptom.  Upping your potassium can help.  B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    @Third&goal - Hope you have a great time at your shower!

image  image
  • How many weeks are you: 33 weeks

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Physically, the swelling has really started to kick in since it is so hot. I have been drinking a ton of water. Doctor is keeping a close check on my BP as it has been elevated and was the reason I had my little girl 6 weeks early. Praying this LO keeps growing until they take him on July 29th.
    Emotionally, things are up and down. I am scared because we know the date of our scheduled C-section and I don't know if it is knowing the date or what but I am beginning to get really nervous.

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Twice a week NST's and Monday another appt. with baby doctor. From then on out it is weekly visits.

What's been going down this past week: I lost the woman I call "Mamaw." She was 97. I have cared for her over the past year and a half. She was absolutely one of the biggest influences on my life and I am going to miss her a great deal. I wish she could have been here for the birth because she was so excited but her last words to me as I was holding her hand before she passed was to "take care of them babies." That is definitely one promise I can keep.

GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)? Swim in...pool. But I love to sit at the beach or at the lake and just relax with a good book too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How many weeks are you: 34w0d
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Physically, still feeling pretty good although my sleep pattern is totally thrown off. The other night, I slept through the night and didn't need to get up at all. Last night, I got maybe 2 2-hour naps and just couldn't sleep anymore. Ugh! Frustrating. Emotionally, I'm getting super anxious again! As I'm getting so close to the end, I'm just so terrified to lose her. I don't know how, emotionally, I'm going to survive the waiting for the next 6 weeks!
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: Thursday, regular OB appt.
    What's been going down this past week: One of our cars failed inspection last week, we we're having to cough up $900 to get it fixed and I'm without a car for the next 3 days. DH works 70 miles away and not near any public transportation, so I'm home alone and bored and not happy about the unexpected expense this close to my due date and when I'm not working. Its a mile walk into town, but since its super hot I'd rather stay home. We only have window AC units in the bedrooms of our place, so I'm spending a lot of time there!
    GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)? Like many others, I'm happy to be IN a pool, but as far as hanging out I love the ocean. We live about 15 minutes from the beach in NH, the water is freezing but on a super hot day it feels good.
    TTC Since July 2013
    BFP #1 8/8/13, EDD 4/16/14
    MMC discovered on 9/18/13 @ 10w, baby measuring 9w. D&C on 9/26/13

BFP #2 12/7/13
    , EDD 8/12/13. It's a girl!
    Caroline Marie born 8/20/14. 8lbs 11oz, 21 inches and perfect!

• megknycmegknyc member
    edited July 2014
    How many weeks are you: 35 weeks! 

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): I feel pretty good considering I have 13+ pounds of baby in me. (although I know thats a guesstimate)

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Lots! See what's been going on. ;)

What's been going down this past week: I missed last weeks check in. I feel like a debbie downer on this thread all the time, but now that I am 35 weeks I am happy as can be!!! I was admitted to the hospital for Pre-E, they were ready to induce on two occasions as my BP was skyrocketing. 
    Dr finally let me go home today and I am monitoring BP from here now! I will go to L&D every other day to get NST, labs, protein check and BP. Dr said the second a number goes up or changes, its "go" time. They prepped me today but then labs showed platelets were stable so she held off - only after I called my entire immediate family to say go time. ;) So.....it will be anyday - but drop dead date is 7/14 if things don't worsen on their own. I will be a mom within 9 days if not sooner. 

GTKY: What kind of body of water do you enjoy hanging out in the most (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)?
    POOL!!!! even on beach vacations I prefer the pool. It seems more relaxing to me. 
    It's a boy and a girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"