Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

toddler tantrums

Not To Sound Conceited OR Anything But My Son Is 2.5 And Has Generally Always Had Acceptable Bebavior.....Until 4 Days Ago. Until 4 Days Ago Threatening Timer Out Is Really All.It Tol. If He DidHave To Go To Time Out We Count Yo Ten, He Says Sorry Nd Gives KIsses And Its Over. Well Since Four Days Ago We Haves GonefFrom One Meltdown Maybe A Week Or Every Few Days To Two To Three A Day. :( Im Pregnant, And I Teach So Hes Now Spending More Time With Me. Specifically If He Gets Upset He Won't Let Me Fix The Problem, Help Him Or Hold Him ( If Hes Upset Bc Hes Gotten Hurt). It Hurts My Heart So Much When He Wont Let Me Console.Him, But Typically After 20, Hes Fine And Happy Again. Is This Normal2.5 Year Old Behavior?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: toddler tantrums

• Options
    Sorry For All The Typos, I Posted From My Phone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ColtsdadColtsdad member
    edited July 2014
    I've got a 3 1/2 year old... the 3s are worse than the 2s, and mine ramped up right at 2 1/2 as well.  The meltdowns are likely just frustrations he can't express verbally yet.   The whole thing may also be connected to the fact that his world just got thrown in upheaval with his schedule being dramatically changed with you now being home.  If he was at a daycare, he's not seeing his friends, his routine has been altered and small children tend to like some form of consistent routine.  It could also stem from your pregnancy, depending on how far along you are and if he's been told and is now not allowed to do things he used to (i.e. jump on mommy, etc.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think my kid is pretty well behaved too, but now and then he'll throw one at you. I think it's probably what other's said. Frustration in expressing himself. He's probably learning a whole bunch of new stuff and might get frustrated when he tries to use it, but no one understands him.

Also, the schedule thing. Even if he seems to handle it well, it might just be one more factor that goes into it. My son's schedule has been crazy for the past 3 weeks and he's thrown a couple doozies over things he would normally have not cared about.

• Options
    We give our son choices too. Sometimes it works great. Other times he beats the system and realizes he actually has more choices than two. As they learn to communicate better it gets easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"