Secondary IF

irrational sperm swap fear

So my RE planted a seed...and now I have been dwelling on an irrational sperm swap fear :\">  

When we discussed our IUI he said, "and don't worry, our lab is very careful to make sure that the sample your DH provides is the sample you get back for the procedure", or something along those lines.

Umm...thanks? I never thought for one second IT WOULDN'T be DH's until you brought it up! It's sitting there in the back of my head now and keeps popping up. 

I mean, that would never happen... right?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

Re: irrational sperm swap fear

• Momarazzi007Momarazzi007 member
    edited June 2014
    So I think that is one of the questions they must get asked a lot- for my IVF they always tell me- "and you know we triple check that they are your embryos we will be placing back in you!" And had they never said that I would have never gone through 9 months carrying DD wondering if there was a chance she was going to come out another race? Especially after seeing some epidisodes of Private Practice. Lmbo- I think that has to either be the biggest backslap reassurance but I think they might be legally required by their legal department to say that. Doesn't help, but it seems standard in all instances of IF help.
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• LOL Oh I so forgot about this from the first time we did IUI and got pregnant with our son. But yes, I had a similar irrational fear...and only AFTER they said something LOL! However our son is a spitting image of both me and DH so they did their job lol. 
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
    Second IUI cycle: BFP
    Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
    First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I do worry about this, my office has procedures like when you drop off they give you a sticker with a color and I usually watch them put the sticker on the specimen and then when they come to do the IUI the catheter has the same color sticker and they also ask to see my sticker to make sure it mathes, but I still worry especially last cycle when DH's numbers were much better than normal and I kept thinking they must have the wrong one.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• LOL I've had the same fear!!!  

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• My husband was the one with this irrational fear - ha ha.  But when our daughter was born she looked too much like him for there to be any question. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• Yes I do worry about this, my office has procedures like when you drop off they give you a sticker with a color and I usually watch them put the sticker on the specimen and then when they come to do the IUI the catheter has the same color sticker and they also ask to see my sticker to make sure it mathes, but I still worry especially last cycle when DH's numbers were much better than normal and I kept thinking they must have the wrong one.
    I don't know ours' process yet until later in my cycle. I hope they have something similar!

VOTE on my Name List

• Well now I have a fear that I never considered. Haha.

Would never have crossed my mind!
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • This is one of my biggest fears about this whole process. Glad I'm not the only one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • Going in tomorrow! FX for proper labeling ;-)

VOTE on my Name List

• big big FX!

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • We made big jokes when I was pregnant with DD.  My sister had a baby 6 months earlier and her DH is half Phillipino, so we sent her picture to my DH's friends that were giving him a hard time as the announcement...  They were very quiet for a while until we let thim in on it being a joke.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• topaz7777 said:
    We made big jokes when I was pregnant with DD.  My sister had a baby 6 months earlier and her DH is half Phillipino, so we sent her picture to my DH's friends that were giving him a hard time as the announcement...  They were very quiet for a while until we let thim in on it being a joke.
    Ok, this is funny, because the only other couple getting an IUI today was a male of a different race, so DH and I were joking in the room that if they mixed it up, at least we'd know right away ;-)

VOTE on my Name List

• @Steph1673 Everything go OK today? Or have you gone yet? Not sure what time zone you are in.

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • Yes, we had it yesterday morning. FX! Now I'm in the 2ww.

VOTE on my Name List

• Yesterday huh? Shows how well my brain is working. Glad it went well. FX!!

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • Yesterday huh? Shows how well my brain is working. Glad it went well. FX!!
    It looks like timezones on my time stamp of my posts may have been confusing since I often post before bed :-) It was the morning of Wed 7/2 :-)

VOTE on my Name List

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"