July 2012 Moms
Options

Any experience with food poisoning in pregnancy?

OkieMamaOkieMama member
edited July 2014 in July 2012 Moms
So last night DH and I got to go out for the first time in forever, we went to a fancy pizza place and then cupcakes. I was up from about midnight until 2:30 feeling just awful, more than my typical 35 week heartburn, and (tmi warning) finally threw my guts up close to 3am. I felt a lot better after that and was finally able to sleep. Now this morning I've got to thinking, I ate a fancy salad that had Gorgonzola cheese on it. I'm not a huge fan anyway so I avoided most of it but now I have myself a little freaked out about listeria. I would normally call my dr just to have peace I mind but being a holiday I think I would have to call the hospital and I feel like based on how I ask they would either dismiss it or make me come in- which I'd rather not do on the 4th if it's nothing.

So, anyone have anything like this happen to them? Any signpost differences to watch for between listeria and regular old food poisoning? Google is scaring the crap out of me so I thought I'd ask y'all instead.

Oh, and happy 4th of July!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any experience with food poisoning in pregnancy?

• Options
    Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping too- the food was pretty rich, and we had hot peppers on the pizza, so I'm thinking it was just all too much. In my experience, food poisoning usually shows up from the other end for me at least, so I just started scaring myself that it could be something different/worse but hopefully it was just something different/lesser.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, @heatherbee710‌ that sounds awful! So sorry you went through that. I'm thinking mine was a one time thing since I've been up for a while and have kept down some peanut butter toast. I just freaked myself out researching listeria.

Btw- congratulations on the girl!!!! I'm so excited for you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got really sick this pregnancy from pizza at like 12 weeks. I was on the toilet for 4 days straight (not vomiting) and it was just awful. All I could do was eat BRATS and rest and hydrate. I have no idea the difference between listeria and regular old food poisoning though. I just assumed food poisoning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"