Secondary IF

No issues with first pregnancy... Anyone else?

We did not have any troubles getting pregnant with DS nor with our second pregnancy (which ended at 16 weeks with a miscarriage). But for the past 25 months, we have been unable to get pregnant and no tests have shown any reason why. If you didn't have IF troubles with your previous pregnancy, what have they found to be the reason behind your current IF troubles. Thanks in advance.
Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
Me: 39 DH: 36
BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: No issues with first pregnancy... Anyone else?

• Yes, we had no problems getting pregnant with DD, we weren't even trying. She is the result of 1 broken condom. We have been DX as Unexplained Secondary IF, but I was able to get pregnant on my own after several failed Clomid cycles, an IUI, and 2 IVF cycles and 2+ years- unfortunately that pregnancy was ectopic and I ruptured my tube. Now my RE is recommended we strictly do IVF since my second IVF cycle was also an ectopic pregnancy. Still we have no answers as to why this is happening, according to all the tests on H and I there are absolutely no issues. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had no troubles conceiving DD1 and we are unexplained right now. Very frustrating. 

I see you had a c-section with your first, too. No medical professional will support my theory, but I have suspicions that my emergency C just messed something up in there. I know it might sound silly and my HSG was normal, but I just feel like something was different after that. My periods were heavier, clotty, etc. and now I have a titled uterus (normal variant) but never had that before. Just has me thinking.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Loading the player...
  • pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited June 2014
    Steph1673 said:
    We had no troubles conceiving DD1 and we are unexplained right now. Very frustrating. 

I see you had a c-section with your first, too. No medical professional will support my theory, but I have suspicions that my emergency C just messed something up in there. I know it might sound silly and my HSG was normal, but I just feel like something was different after that. My periods were heavier, clotty, etc. and now I have a titled uterus (normal variant) but never had that before. Just has me thinking.
    That is really interesting that you say that, my periods are so much lighter now- but I really don't think it's from the csection, I actually think that is a common change that happens after you have a baby. I've always had a tilted uterus- My OB with DD mentioned that it can make it hard to conceive, but the RE vehemently denies this! His whole motto is "If blood can come out, sperm can go in and it absolutely makes NO DIFFERENCE how your uterus is laying" Hmph! 

Actually I've been told several things from regular Drs or OBs, that the RE contradicts like it's his duty. 

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with a csection though, look at Tori Spelling, they must have just installed a zipper on her ute. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • sept14sept14 member
    I don't think the c-section is the cause... We got pregnant again after the c-section with no problem. But, there were complications and we miscarried. It has been since that and the D&E that I haven't been able to get pregnant. The RE didn't seem to think it should have caused any issues though --especially since the HSG was normal.
    Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
    Me: 39 DH: 36
    BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
    PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
    Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
    No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
    Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
    Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
    August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
    September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
    October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
    Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • It was easy with DS- 2 cycles. We were shocked because I had been posting on the bump for awhile and kept seeing "it can take a healthy couple 12 months."

Now it's been nearly 4 years and nothing. Not a single BFP (but then again I'd rather have no BFPs than get one and have a loss). I check out clear- my hormone levels are all ok, HSG clear, lap showed two tiny spots of endo in insignificant spots, I ovulate regularly, etc. The one thing that could possibly explain it is that DH has bilateral varicocele and poor morphology. Or had- the varicocele was repaired 2 weeks ago. He had one on the right he knew about and one on the left he didn't know about until last year. I guess we'll find out over the next year.
  • I got pregnant with both of my girls within 1 to 2 months of trying. I had 2 c-sections and mirena after my youngest and even though I "know" my problem (severely low AMH) I am still not convinced that is the only issue. I have an identical twin sister who is about to have #4 (even though she can't afford the 3 she has of course) and has had no issues conceiving or carrying to term, also had mirena twice. The only difference is my c-sections. My HSG was normal too. I've been trying for a year now and have had two miscarriages.

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• I am in the 'always had problems' camp.  Pretty much IVF only at this point.  I have no idea what it is like to just get pregnant and have that surprise BFP.  In fact, after I already knew by bloodwork that I was pregnant after IVF - I POAS just to know what it felt like to see the positive test. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• jen4nyjen4ny member
    I conceived very easily the first time- 2 cycles. We are on cycle 13 now with no luck so far. 
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
  • I conceived very easily with DS. DItched the birth control after 14 yrs and got pregnant third cycle trying. This time, I was diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure and pretty much told it was impossible to conceive. Not stopping me from trying ;) We started trying last Sept. I won't even count it in cycles anymore because technically it's only been "four" cycles over the last 10 months. Hmph.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"