February 2015 Moms
Options

Subchorionic hematoma

Well I went for my ultrasound today and the baby is right in track with its growth and hb was 162bpm.

They did say they saw a small subchorionic hematoma that they weren't concerned about but it was there so they mentioned it.

So now of course. I'm freaking out and worried and everything I feel I think it's all going south.

I'm 8 wks and 5 days today.

Any advice or words of encouragement?
Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Subchorionic hematoma

• Options
    Things are most definitely not going south due to a SCH. I have one as well. Most hematomas resolve themselves and women go on to have normal healthy pregnancies. There are cases where the hematoma does not resolve and continues to get larger, but since they said yours was small, you are most likely fine. Just take it easy.

• Options
    I was told the same at my u/s yesterday. The doctor wasn't concerned at all, only said to call if any spotting happened. I'm going to follow her lead and not invite worry on this one. Also, I've had several friends who had them and all turned out well.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an u/s at 6w 4d because of cramping and spotting and was diagnosed with a SCH. Had to be put on bed rest for a week and it scared the life out of me, but a week later they did another u/s and couldn't even find the hematoma! Your body is excellent at taking care of these things all by itself. Stay positive! 
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the encouragement. It does make me feel better about it and I hope it will be gone at my next ultrasound in two weeks.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had one with my mc. Don't lift anything heavy, just take it easy. They normally reabsorb and go away, just make sure you contact the OB if you notice any changes, bleeding, etc.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"