Babies on the Brain
Options

Just Married, I have baby fever badly

Hello, I just recently got married in June. I am 23 an DH is 24 we are waiting a year and a half before we start trying. I have baby fever badly, we have been together 3.5 years. How long after you got married did you start trying?

Re: Just Married, I have baby fever badly

• Options
    My hubby and I were together for 9 yrs until we got married. 2 weeks after our wedding we TTC and less than month after I was pregnant. I wanted to be married before we had babies and after 9 yrs, we didnt waste anytime!! Enjoy the time with him before you start TTC.Your relationship will be different once the baby comes. I dont mean that it will change in a bad way, its just different. Watching your husband being a daddy is the best and it brings your love to a whole new level, at least it did for me. Only you two will know when its right and you never know might happen before you think :) Good luck!!
  • Options
    We dated 3 1/2 years and have been married for about 1. We will not be TTC until close to 3 years married though.

Like Joy said. I am not looking for a number of years. I am waiting for us to both be 100% ready.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dated for 5 and married for 3 before TTC. We set certain goals that we both agreed on before starting (mostly travel related).
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    DH and I celebrated our 2-year anniversary in April, and I went off bc in May. Our first year of marriage he was deployed, so I wanted "us" time after he returned before adding a kid to the mix.
  • Options
    Dated for 3 years, married for 6 before DS was born.

• Options
    Dated for five years, were engaged for one, and have been married for two. We'll start trying this month.
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • Options
    We dated a year and a half before we got married.  Married in October and our son will be 1 October 24th.  So about 3 months...
  • Options
    We dated 2 years, were engaged 2 months and were married 2 months when I got pregnant. That ended in an ectopic rupture. Got pregnant again 2 months later. Ty will be 1 on the 15th.
  • Options
    Dated six, married two before TTC, married 7.5 before bringing baby home.
  • Options
    Dated five, engaged for 1, married for 9 months, we will be waiting another 1.5 or so before TTC, we want us time and have some other goals like paying of student debt, buy and house and travel some more before having kids.

There is no time, its when you both feel ready
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Dated for two years and were married about a 1 1/2 years before TTC.

When we were married we were in no position to start a family. DH was in law school, we lived in a small apartment and I wasn't pulling in a lot of income. After we met some goals (graduate school, get jobs, buy a house) we started TTC.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My first marriage, I wait 1 year. We actually got pg on our 1 year wedding anniversary (just happened to be the day O'd). 

This time? We are getting married Sept 6th, and we plan to start the week of the wedding. But...I am 35, and already have a 6 yr old and a 2.5 yr old.
  • Options
    I just got married in June also and have quite a bit of baby fever too.  In Oct H & I will be together 5 years I'm 34 he is 41.  So time isn't really on our side.  We just want to enjoy the summer and be married for a few months, do some home renovations before trying.  It still doesn't help that I want to start trying now.... but I keep reminding myself it's months we're talking about not years. :-)
  • Options
    We dated 4.5 years before getting married, we started ttc a few months after we got married because we were anticipating problems as there are fertility issues in my family, we ended up getting pregnant our first try so we had our first a few months after our first anniversary.
  • Options
    I am literally in the same case! 23 yo and dh is 26. Married 1 year. You really just need to communicate with your husband and be on the same page as it is a life changing decision.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"