Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Baby Merlin Sleep Suit Question

Hi everyone!

I bought the baby sleep suit and am so excited to use it but am worried about overheating and sids. Right now he sleeps swaddled in just a diaper. Many nights he's really warm and even starts to sweat so i'll take an arm or two out of the swaddle in the middle of the night. 

We keep the temperature at 72 degrees but it might be slightly warmer than that in some parts of the house. In any case, it can't be that warm in his room. 

How does your LO sleep in the baby sleep suit? How did you know (s)he'd be okay and not too warm?

Thanks!!
Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 

Re: Baby Merlin Sleep Suit Question

• I just received my sleep suit yesterday and used it for the 1st time last night.  I was (and still am) worrying about both overheating and sids with this suit.  My son was sleeping in a swaddle and onsie before, now he's only in a diaper.  We keep our house at 72 or 73 and I have a fan in his room.  He did great last night and slept really well...didn't wake up sweaty or too warm.  Although, he didn't get that way with the swaddle either as it sounds your lo does.  I think the scoop neckline helps a bit too.  Not sure I have any advice for you...just wanted to let you know how it went with my son. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

BabyFetus Ticker
  • flclflcl member
    If you think your LO is too warm maybe you can turn your temp down a degree or two.  We've been using the sleep suit for a little over a month and haven't had any issues with him being too warm.  He usually wears a short sleeve onesie underneath.  Our house is set to 71/72 usually.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO (will be 6 months on 7/27) has been wearing his small sized suit since May. He sleeps through the night 10-12 hours in it and we couldn't be happier. He does run warm so he doesn't wear sox and only a short-sleeved onesie and we set our thermostat to 68-69 at night. I would think twice about using it in the summer if we didn't have a/c. Love it!!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • lizrn1975 said:

My LO (will be 6 months on 7/27) has been wearing his small sized suit since May. He sleeps through the night 10-12 hours in it and we couldn't be happier. He does run warm so he doesn't wear sox and only a short-sleeved onesie and we set our thermostat to 68-69 at night. I would think twice about using it in the summer if we didn't have a/c. Love it!!!!!

This is us too! Low AC and no socks- just diaper. He is actually cooler in this than his old swaddle. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

• flclflcl member
    @lizrn1975: how big is your LO?  Just curious since I got the large size but my guy's on the larger size...
  • @flcl‌: He was 14# 12.8 oz at his 4 month visit on June 2. I bet he's 16-17 now. My friend from work is going to give me her larger one. How big is your LO?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @scooter028‌ I want to look into the zippadeezip; I haven't heard of that!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • flclflcl member
    @lizrn1975: My LO is 4 months, weighs 18lbs 15ounces and is 27.75inches long.  I ordered the L size when he was 3 months thinking that he would only be able to wear the smaller size for a few weeks but was wondering if the L was too big for him to get the full benefits.

@scooter028: I looked in the zipadeezip too but went with the suit because it lets LO have access to his hands.  Does that seem to be an issue with your girl?
  • @flcl‌ I would try the new one and see how he does. The larger size starts at 18 pounds? I feel like we're so dependent on it; I wonder when he'll be able to go w/o?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • thanks girls!

We set the A/C to 72 and put a fan on in his room. He sleeps in just a diaper and no socks and he did great!! He slept through the night the last 3 days and though he is warm when i take him out, he's not sweaty or upset at all! Seems like he's just cozy in there.

So happy!!
    Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
    I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 
  • The suit is actually very breathable despite how thick it is. It looks like it would cause baby to overheat but both of my LO's never felt too hot or sweaty in it. I use it during the summer months with a short sleeve onesie underneath but you could put it on with nothing but a diaper underneath if you are concerned.

• flclflcl member
    Glad that the sleep suit is working but I did want to throw a little warning out there....  If LO is only wearing his diaper in the sleep suit, prepare for a big clean up if there are any diaper blow-outs!   
  • He is only in his diaper in it. We also keep the house around 72 degrees and I keep a fan on low on him. He is never really sweaty. The sleep suit is pretty breathable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"