December 2014 Moms
Options

When and where to register?

I was thinking Target? Any stms have recommendations? 16 weeks today, is that too soon? :)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When and where to register?

• Options
    I'm 15wks and just created mine. I started with Babies R Us and will probably do Target as well. Sometimes they have different stuff and I like the bedding options at Target better. Was going to do BabiesList but seems too complicated for those purchasing, so skipping it. 
  • Options

I have a list already made of what I would like just to make sure I have everything covered!  I am looking to register at Babies R Us and either Pottery Barn or BuyBuyBaby.  We have family all over so splitting up the stores makes it easier, plus I like some stuff at one store and other stuff at another store!  I am looking to start nailing down the registry once we find out the sex - probably around 18 weeks, which is about 3 weeks away!

To answer your question - I don't think there is a "set" time you can start.  I would start when you are ready!  =)  Some people like to start once they know the sex that way they can better choose what they need/want.  If you are deciding not to find out the sex then again I don't think 16 weeks is too early!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ElaVeeElaVee member
    I'm a FTM but my sister definitely recommended Target. I will be doing BRU as well. From looking around at both stores I've already seen different selections as well as prices which is always good. Plus if anyone buying a gift has a red card from Target they'll also get a discount on their purchase if they use it. I don't think it's too soon. Personally just waiting to know the sex of the baby first.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think we're going to do BBB next weekend.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    I am going to wait until we find out what we're having before we register. So far the plan is to only register at BRU but we might at add in Target. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• Options
    I'm definitely registering at BRU, but idk about the others! I want to do both PBkids and Amazon but I feel like 3 registries is too much.  
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    We used Amazon with DD and it was great. We have no family in the area, so it made it a lot easier for them to buy us things from our registry and have them delivered directly to our house. We made sure to register for items that were eligible for Amazon Prime as well, so people using that service wouldn't have to pay shipping charges. It was also very easy for us to handle any returns. 

I have a registry on Amazon for this baby already created, but I won't advertise it or tell anyone about it unless specifically asked. I am using more as an informal list for myself to keep track of things I'd like to have and/or will buy if I see that they are on sale. 
  • Options
    I do not recommend target. The one where I live it incredibly difficult when it comes to returns. If you happen to get double of some things and need to return, they are very difficult. BRU is great. They are so easy to work with and will let you exchange Even WITHOUT a receipt.
  • Options
    MeetherMeether member
    edited June 2014
    I'd recommend buybuybaby because of their awesome return policy. You can return anything after an indefinite amount of time without a receipt. We had a humidifier for 3 years and found a better one last November. They took it back with no questions asked. My sister also has returned a ton of stuff and had a very easy time. They also offered more of the brands that we were looking at. Diapers.com has a year return policy and free shipping on any registry order. Plus they have perks like registry dollars and so on. I'd recommend them as an online registry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amr196amr196 member
    I'm on target diapers.com and I have one thing on Amazon. To make it easier to look at I just synced them all at myregistry.com and when someone asks thats where I tell them :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I love Amazon and they have a Universal List feature, so you can add stuff from other stores to your registry,  Plus, join Amazon Mom for diapers, wipes and formula!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Being that we live on an island, with DS we registered at both Target and BRU because the only store on the island is Target so the family who lives here only had one option. However, I liked a lot more of the items at BRU and have family all over the country so having both options worked really well, plus then you get the completion coupon at the end. I haven't even decided if I'm going to register anywhere this time because it's Boy #2 and DS is going to be 2 next month and I kept everything.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited June 2014
    Hey all! Check out MyRegistry.com if you are doing more than one registry. It consolidates them all into one big list for your family and friends to see. It also has a button so you can add directly from websites without registering for them. People can also check things off as they get them if they went to the store for it or found it cheaper/better elsewhere. It's pretty awesome and has helped me a lot (because I'm pretty indecisive). 

Should point out that it's free so there are some ads going on but I'm finding them easy to ignore. Just a heads up.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's not too early to start your registry. Go for it!
  • Options
    I'm so excited! I don't even know where to start! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have started my registries and I'm 14 weeks and a few days pregnant. I am having two baby showers since most of our family lives in PA and making it easier for them to throw me one up there. Later on I'm having one down here in FL where I live. Just thought it be easier to start since I'm having the PA one in September but I won't be finding out the sex until August so my other baby shower should cover what I want for clothes then. I am using babiesrus and target. However, I'm thinking of deleting the target one because babiesrus has mostly the same products and they will price match it with competitors ads and websites. Also the return policy is up to a year after the baby is born. They also have a nifty rewards back program where whatever you or your guests buy on the registry you get 5% to 10% cash back after the baby is born depending on how much is spent and such I believe the minimum of being $300.

• Options
    I did target for my wedding registry and it was horrible!
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks also and registered at BRU and Amazon. I found it really easy to register online so I could take my time researching and comparing products.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hey all! Check out MyRegistry.com if you are doing more than one registry. It consolidates them all into one big list for your family and friends to see. It also has a button so you can add directly from websites without registering for them. People can also check things off as they get them if they went to the store for it or found it cheaper/better elsewhere. It's pretty awesome and has helped me a lot (because I'm pretty indecisive). 

Should point out that it's free so there are some ads going on but I'm finding them easy to ignore. Just a heads up.
    I think this is similar to BabyList. I thought the idea was awesome and love that you can add from ANY store. BUT when I looked at the ease of purchasing from the registry it just seemed confusing. Those wanting to buy something have to click "reserve" and enter their info. They are then sent a link to where they can buy the item. Then, after purchasing they have to come back and look in the "reserved" column and go select that they bought the item. Any items they reserved but didn't buy, they have to un-reserve. Too many steps involved. Boo. 
  • Options
    Drgn30Drgn30 member
    i'm doing www.rightstart.com (there's a store in my neighborhood) and i was thinking about target, but given the posts above, maybe i'll go with someplace different.

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• Options
    We created ours a few weeks ago and went with BuyBuyBaby. I liked their selection over BRU, they price match, and that they let people use the Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons there. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • Options
    We will be doing buy buy baby and we are cloth diapering so we're registering with amazon for cloth diaper stuff.
    Me: 28 Husband:: 29
    TTC  since April, 2012; Diagnosed with Hashimotos, Annovulatory.
    October, 2013- Metformin + 50mg Clomid + iui - BFN
    November, 2013- Metformin + 50mg Clomid + iui + Prometrium 2x a day- Chemical Pregnancy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I have an amazon and babies r us. I find better deals on amazon but bru for people that like to go to a store.
  • Options
    I've been building and rebuilding a registry since I found out... I like researching the products and choosing colors, it's like virtual nesting! I won't advertise it until later, but my mom and I have fun looking at the baby stuff and playing with the registry. I've for one at Target and one at Babies r Us.
  • Options
    ae793ae793 member
    Babies R Us is a great place to start especially for first time mothers like myself because it gives you a checklist of all the things you absolutely have to have and things that you may not even know are out there. Once you've added the item to your registry it will put a check mark next to that item so you can see what you're are missing as your shower approaches. Keep in mind the list is all inclusive so start NOW because you will grow tired and need a break from your registry (hard to imagine I know).
  • Options
    Oh man, I'm bummed to see so many negative Target registry reviews. :(
    Maybe I'll have to take another look at BRU, when I walked in there the first time around 6wks I was just SO overwhelmed. :)
  • Options
    I registered at Target right after we found out E was a boy. In reality it was the only place around us, but I love Target so I was at peace with it.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    We don't have a buy buy baby but I set up our BRU registry and I'll probably make a Target one, too. We have a lot of older people who will probably prefer a department type store, and BRU is a bit farther away than Target.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"