TTC after 35

GTKY angel edition

I believe that loved ones that pass away become our guardian angels and give us signs they are around. So here's the questions:

Who are your angels?

How do they make their presence known?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY angel edition

• My grandparents are my angels. My paternal grandparents show up as cardinals and my maternal grandfather is daddy longlegs. They always show up when I need them and I have been seeing them so much these past few days. Hoping maybe it's a sign of being knocked up and them watching over me more. (FX)

• Oh don't get me started!!!! My mom and my grandma both. 

My mother passed suddenly and unexpectedly…..i only remember one time I felt like she was around….I noticed her ring was missing from my jewelry box one day……i questioned my daughter who just looked at me confused as to why she would have grams ring……i found it under my bed in a way that felt like it was carefully placed there. Not to far under, smack mid length, perfectly centered.

My grama was diagnosed with Cancer. We had a very serious conversation with her making sure I knew that she was going to pass from it…..that she was not going to survive. I told her I understood and then turned it silly but telling her that if she found that after she passed if she could haunt me…….that she would. And not in subtle ways….in your face, no denying, on the verge of scaring the daylights out of me ways……

She died in June and for a solid year I had crazy "happenings" 

I consistently smelled smoke in my house. I don't smoke…she did. I would hear footsteps in and out of my room on the creaky spot of my floor. One night i had an early morning scheduled and it was keeping me awake….i asked it to stop and it did. I would hear the sound of dishes being put away in the middle of the night. My door bell would go off. I thought it was ding dong ditcher kids at first…..until it started happening when the door was left open too. It was creepy! I was woke from my sleep one night by my bed being shoved…..HARD. One time sitting chatting on the phone my bedroom door slammed so hard that it shook the windows. No windows were open in my house nor was the air or heat running…..no chase of even the slightest breeze. My window would get tapped on in the middle of the night….this happened 3 times. 2nd story….no trees near the window.I was meticulous about lights……i never left them on when i would leave….Id come home and the lights would all be on. My cat who is a love bug and friendly……NEVER came out from behind the couch and bed……for a whole year. Nothing ever happened when my daughter was home…..she was never aware……but she did say that she would talk to grama in her dreams. She said she told gram she missed her and asked if she missed her too……Grama told her "No because she sees her everyday" When my daughter said this i got the craziest chills. 

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Loading the player...
  • @KristenAlicia That is creepy but really cool. My daughter talks to her angels as well (I believe they are my grandparents as well as the wife of the previous owner of the house who died while they were living here). Some nights I have to tell them to leave the house bc they wake her up and she has full fledged conversation.

We've had a few experiences since moving in here as well. We smell smoke at random times, too. We have no immediate neighbors as three of them never returned after Hurricane Sandy flooding, and the one occupied house has non-smokers. Our dog randomly barks at nothing in one spot of our kitchen. That same spot has a picture0 that randomly half fell off one day (it is really secure on the hooks and there is no way it was knocked into or blown by a breeze).

• lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
    edited June 2014
    Actually-- yes. 
    You may think I'm a weirdo after telling you this, but I actually have a touch of the sixth sense. 
    I see a lot of things all the time, but I never tell anyone about it. I have been like that since I was little. 

My fiance's mother passed away on Valentine's day unexpectedly this year. The day she passed away, we kept hearing pacing upstairs (she used to pace often). The pacing went on and on until the day of her funeral, and then it stopped. She now, daily, will flicker the lights in the kitchen. She does it a lot when the kids are in there to say hi, and does it when Michael is ever in the room. She will also turn lights on and off. She also has tried to communicate with me a few times to give me messages to tell Michael. 
    We love it though. It's like a happy sign she sees us and misses us. :)
  • @MelissaMiso yeah i have always been a skeptic until after my grama went. My husband (before we were married)heard the tapping on the window 2 times……he actually went outside to look around…..I knew he wouldn't find anything though since it happened already before. 

I actually miss all those things that used to happen…..but like i said…..just that first year a little longer maybe….thats about how long it took me to really "get over" her leaving us too….it was like she stopped when she knew i didn't need her "there" any longer. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• @MelissaMiso, @lgsdesigner, and @KirstenAlecia: I love all of these ghost stories. I do believe in spirits; however, I don't think that I've ever interacted with ghosts.

My angels are my paternal grandmother and grandfather. They helped raise me when my mom and dad were working. They treated me like a daughter of their own. We had a very special bond. My grandfather died ten years ago, and my grandmother very recently died. I feel incomplete now that she is gone.

I've never seen signs from them. I do have an auspicious symbol in my life. When I see a hummingbird, it means that everything is going to be alright. I have seen hummingbirds in a few very stressful and uncertain times, and they have given me peace.

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of pregnant women walking around my city. At first I was annoyed, but now I am viewing them as auspicious too. In my mind, they are bringing me good luck.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• I don't have any ghostly tales, but I always like to believe that whenever I see a rabbit in our backyard, it's one of my m/c losses. There have always been a lot of rabbits near our street, so it's nothing too peculiar, but it makes me feel better to think of them that way when they occasionally make it to our yard. I also thought it was interesting that when I was having a tough time this past mother's day, I saw one in my in-laws yard (in a different town), which made me feel a little better that day. In fact, I tend to notice them more when I'm down which is why I like to think they're there for a reason.
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • I believe my grandmother is a guardian angel for my son. She passed about a year and a half before I had him and ever since he was a baby and near danger, something would grab my attention and I would always feel her presence and think of her in those moments. No concrete proof or anything like that, just a feeling. 

My mother and her BFF had an encounter with my aunt's spirit in our home shortly after my aunt passed. They were both sitting in the kitchen chatting and they saw an iridescent shape hovering at the entryway to the kitchen. They both went silent, watching this and it turned and trailed up the stairs to where my father was sleeping. The fact that they both saw it made my mom a believer, 100%. 

• I don't believe in angels per se (I'm not religious at all) but I did have a guardian presence growing up. He went away when I was in my early 30s. I used to wake up in the middle of the night, for example, and at the foot of my bed, staring at the blank television (when I was in my 20s, this was) which sounded like it was playing "Gilligan's Island", was my guardian. He was always right behind me or nearby. I feel like his name was Michael and that he was a soldier who died in Vietnam. He had the short military "high and tight" kind of haircut. And I used to get pulled towards St. Michael (a soldier too!) whenever I was out traveling (I have a painting/print in every room of my house that has the Mont St. Michel in it). 

I have also always landed on my feet somehow. Usually at the zero hour. As in, I'd go to pick up the phone to call a temp agency but instead the phone rings and it's a job offer in the field that I am looking. Or the time in college I fell asleep driving but woke up just in time to keep my car from going over a 50 foot drop. 

Other than that, I'm not sure I have any guardians anymore. Michael has not been around for a while-- I hope that means that I no longer need him? Or he no longer needs to be here? I have occasionally had a run-in with my grandfather-- my car randomly smelled like cigarette smoke on an anniversary of his death. Once, when I had been looking at some Slovenian language course options (I had promised him on his death bed that I would learn "good" Slovenian) but had stalled a bit on pursuing anything, I came into work one morning and logged in and my entire browser was in a strange language. When I recognized a couple words, I was able to check the settings and realized that the browser had somehow been changed to Slovenian. 
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• I love these stories and I believe our departed love ones show us signs that they are still with us. I lost my maternal grandmother in 98. She and I were very close. I firmly believe she comes to me as a hummingbird. She loved hummingbirds and after her passing, I was outside when a humminbird began fluttering around me and stayed for quite awhile. I had a mass said for her on one of her anniversaries. She passed in the month of January so it was a bit cold and rainy. As I was walking out of the church, I immediately saw a hummingbird. Whenever I see one, I know it's her. I was also once at her gravesite and I smelled cigarrete smoke. I kept looking around, but there was no one in sight. I wish she would come around more, or at least visit me in my dreams. I really miss her. I like watching Long Island Medium and would love to have a session with Theresa. My DH's younger brother committed suicide in October of 2010 and it would be so amazing for my DH and my MIL to know how he's doing. :(
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• @TAT2MAMI- I smell cigarette smoke too ever since Michael's mom's passing. No one in my family smoke, but she smoked. 

Another thing I forgot-- The day she passed away, we went to her house to cry and talk to Michael's brother who found her dead and was all shaken up. My phone rang and it my mother. I went to answer it and it stopped. I then called my mom back and she said she never called me, and check to see if she may have butt-dialed me, but didn't. We all felt that was a sign.
  • Ok, since we're all jumping on the weirdo bandwagon, :) I don't have any real ghost stories, but I am 100% sure I have memories that aren't mine. I've had them since I was a little girl (around four), and they were very, very vivid. Even if they were fantasies/dreams, I couldn't have made them up, I simply hadn't had enough life experience to have the material to string along such stories. They involved hospitals, hospital staff, and very specific events. I also used to hear a woman's voice calling my name when I was very young. I like to think it may have been my mom's mom who died when my mom was seven. After a while, I told my mom about it and she dismissed it immediately, and then asked how often I heard the voice, as if she was checking whether I needed to be evaluated by a psychiatrist. The voice stopped after that. 

Funnily enough, my mom's dad appears in her dreams regularly and provides reassurance and gives her advice. But it's "just dreams" of course. 

Finally, I have experienced street lights turning off as I walk by MANY, many times, and was always met with rolling eyes when I share the observation with friends. Turns out I'm far from alone; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_light_interference_phenomenon

Ok, now I've admitted to being a weirdo too. :)
  • @marijaa333 - To make it even more deep...those "memories" you had could have been from your past life. It could have really happened.
    *cue creepy music*
  • @marijaa333: I once was reading to my horse in my grandparent's pasture which bordered on some woods. I had a feeling that I needed to stop and walk over to the stone wall and I stood there, staring into the woods with my hands resting on the barbed wire that ran over/above the stone wall. All of a sudden, I realize that I'm being watched. I lock eyes with a GORGEOUS buck who is flanked by two does and a fawn/yearling. He's just checking me out, being cautious, until we lock eyes. And then the weirdest thing happened-- I saw everything around me start to go back in time. It was like I was seeing hundreds of years of history of that spot-- trees growing and dying and growing again; colonial settlers and soldiers; native tribes passing through; etc. 

It's was pretty mind-blowing. I never told anybody about it, though at the time-- just described it in a paper I wrote for an English class...
    *********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited June 2014
    Whoa, that sounds totally wild! How old were you? (And were you eating psychedelic mushrooms on the way there? LOL )

PS I love that you were reading to your horse!
  • @MelissaMiso, @lgsdesigner, and @KirstenAlecia: I love all of these ghost stories. I do believe in spirits; however, I don't think that I've ever interacted with ghosts.

I've never seen signs from them. I do have an auspicious symbol in my life. When I see a hummingbird, it means that everything is going to be alright. I have seen hummingbirds in a few very stressful and uncertain times, and they have given me peace.

You would love my porch…..I have 10 of these little birds that hang around all day! 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• LOL I was 13 I think. I was in 8th grade. And no-- if I had eaten shrooms, I'd probably be filling out an insurance form or something else equally sensible. 

-- Abraham Lincoln

You would love my porch…..I have 10 of these little birds that hang around all day! 
    It sounds like I would be surrounded by peace. :-) @KirstenAlecia. Do you put up hummingbird feeders?

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• This thread is getting spooky!

Here is my one experience with the paranormal:

When I was in college, a woman giving free psychic readings in a bar told me that I, too, was gifted with psychic abilities, but I would need to focus and hone my talents.  I didn't exactly believe her, but it still totally messed me up for a couple weeks.  "The elevator should get here--now!  Doh!"  "The person on the phone (this was before everyone had caller ID, obviously) is--my sister!  Doh!"  Being wrong so much was kind of a bummer. :|
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

It sounds like I would be surrounded by peace. :-) @KirstenAlecia. Do you put up hummingbird feeders?
    I sure do!!! I love the little birds so much! I have them so used to me i can actually hold the feeder in my hands and they will come up and eat. Its the coolest thing! I love love love them. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• CML11CML11 member
    I'm so fascinated by spirits/ghosts/angels, but equally freaked out. I don't know if I could handle it if I started having experiences like these, especially like @KirstenAlecia‌, that gave me goosebumps
  • @CML11 you know……I was never  really too scared. I only felt fear in the beginning…. when the doorbell would go off and no one was there…..that was the first thing of all the happenings though.

I had JUST moved in and didn't know about the neighborhood yet so I was fearful of some crazy neighbor in our condo complex messing with me….being that it happened while i was just moved in and unpacking.

It would happen late at night so it was creepy. I realized it was truly nobody when it happened one night and i looked at the stairs waiting to see someone run away and i heard my neighbor open her door to let her dog out…..and realized there was no time enough from the doorbell to my neighbor opening her door for them to get way without being seen. No way…..not being upstairs and I was sitting at my kitchen table when the doorbell rang…..and i looked to the stairs right away…..no time…..

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"