Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

2 year old birthday gift ideas..

LindseyH033LindseyH033 member
edited June 2014 in Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
DD1 turns 2 this Sunday and I have no idea what to get her. I feel like she has everything! Any recommendations, input or ideas??

Re: 2 year old birthday gift ideas..

• agree that a museum/nature center/zoo membership would be great. my vote is always for experience over stuff. that said, some things my DS has and likes or would like:
    • water table
    • toddler-size basketball hoop
    • little tikes pillow racer (don't get it on amazon, their prices are inflated- i've seen them in tj maxx/marshall's)
    • magna doodle
    • kitchen helper (the special step stool so kids can help at counter height)
    • books!
    • art supplies of any kind- sidewalk chalk, finger paint, washable crayons and markers, stamping pens, stickers, paper on a roll

i think we will get him a water table for his 2nd birthday. the kitchen helper i would love to have, but they're kind of pricey, so i'm trying to find one second-hand somewhere.

• Wow thank you all so much!!! Great ideas! I love the zoo/museum membership suggestion!!
  • Loading the player...
  • What about a wagon? DD loves hers instead of the stroller now.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • What about a wagon? DD loves hers instead of the stroller now.

A wagon is a great idea! DD1 throws a fit when I try to put her in the stroller, I bet she would love a wagon! Thank you!!
  • I love the experience over things gifts too, mostly because there are some toys that DD has literally played with once that everyone thought she would love... I hate to see things go to waste.  Her uncle gave her a membership to the children's museum in our city for Christmas last year, and that's been great.  Would also love if someone wanted to pay for a session of swimming lessons for her :)  A highlights magazine subscription would be fun (and they switch to the next membership level at 2 years old).  I've also been exploring the kiwi crate website and was thinking about doing something like this at Christmas time for her (which is also around her 2nd birthday).
  • kjsmith9 said:

I love the experience over things gifts too, mostly because there are some toys that DD has literally played with once that everyone thought she would love... I hate to see things go to waste.  Her uncle gave her a membership to the children's museum in our city for Christmas last year, and that's been great.  Would also love if someone wanted to pay for a session of swimming lessons for her :)  A highlights magazine subscription would be fun (and they switch to the next membership level at 2 years old).  I've also been exploring the kiwi crate website and was thinking about doing something like this at Christmas time for her (which is also around her 2nd birthday).

The Highlights magazine is a great idea! I had that as a child and loved it. I like the idea of swimming lessons too. She loves the pool! Thank you!

• DS will be 2 in August, so we're trying to figure this out too. We're getting him a little people farm and maybe the Little Tikes Cozy Truck Other ideas are 
    ~Tricycle
    ~ kitchen set
    ~Little Tikes Grill
    ~Slide/Climber
    ~pool
    ~sprinkler
    ~Puddle Jumper
    ~water table
    ~sandbox
    ~Teeball set
    ~Shopping cart
    ~favorite snacks