March 2014 Moms

Disposable swim diapers - what size?

If we're in a size 1, pampers swaddlers, what size swim diapers and brand would you get?  I would prefer sposies.  Pampers doesn't seem to come in smaller sizes for swim diapers though.  TIA!

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Disposable swim diapers - what size?

• I haven't purchased any yet but I've seen the little swimmers in size S at my target. Their sizes go by weight and I think a small was like 12-20 lbs.

This. I haven't seen any other disposable swim diaper brand, but I think they started at 16 lbs. I bought baby swim trunks instead and since LO isn't pooping everyday, I plan on using just trunks without the diaper.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought this for LO at Target. Reusable swim diaper, but also this is if you are just having small play and not using the diaper for an all day event.
    https://www.target.com/p/i-play-infant-boys-whale-swim-diaper/-/A-14796347#prodSlot=medium_2_9&term=Infant+swim+suit

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't found anything that comes small enough for my guy. I bought one of the reusables at Target in a Small but it's still too big for him.  
  • @babylimas‌ how big is your LO now? Eva is 8lbs 6 oz. I put her in an iplay swim diaper (size 10-18lbs), and it was ok. Just too big round the legs. Luckily she didn't poop. :)

• Pankers said:
    @babylimas‌ how big is your LO now? Eva is 8lbs 6 oz. I put her in an iplay swim diaper (size 10-18lbs), and it was ok. Just too big round the legs. Luckily she didn't poop. :)
    He is a little over 9 lbs. (Woot for no longer having the smallest baby on the board.) It was way too big around the legs, so wouldn't be useful to hold anything in. His low muscle tone mainly affects his lower body, so his hips are really narrow and he has short chicken legs. 
  • I plan on buying some off of Lucie's list, but it is going to have to be something available in stores since I need it ASAP.
  • No help with the actual question but we have a reuseable one that fits great. The swim diapers from when my older kids were young sucked and didn't work at all.
  • lb1117lb1117 member
    I've been having the same issue. He is only 11lbs and under the weight limit for sposies. 

I just bought a Charlie Banana one in size small for 11-18lbs. I hope it works! 

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• I have the Huggies small but plan to use a reusable over them as backup.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The disposable ones really only work for poos.  DD1 has them and they don't absorb pee at all as we learned the hard way after putting her in one before going to the pool...her car seat was soaked by the time we got there. 
  • The disposable ones really only work for poos.  DD1 has them and they don't absorb pee at all as we learned the hard way after putting her in one before going to the pool...her car seat was soaked by the time we got there. 

yup! Don't put LO in a disposable swim diaper until you are ACTUALLY going in the water! :-)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"