Toddlers: 24 Months+

~~Brightning~~

Your siggy is really cute.  How does your daughter like her FP Dollhouse?

My daughter seems to really love hers.  We got it for her as a Christmas present.  It came without the baby though.  I called and FP is sending me another whole family in a few days.  Have you bought alot of the accessories that go with it?  I got the Grandma, parents room and Baby stuff.  I wish the house was a little bigger though...or a bigger 'patio'

Re: ~~Brightning~~

• I'm surprised, but she actually likes the dollhouse! I didn't think she'd "get" it, but she actually plays with it daily. My mom went overboard and bought ALL of the accessories. The grandma set is actually DD's favorite, because she likes to push the baby in the stroller.

I agree that it's a bit small. Granted, we have all the sets, but it's packed! Another story would have been nice, or a bigger patio like you said. DD takes everything out of it when she plays.

And I have to ask, because of your name, is your DH a cop? Or you? My DH is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  Samantha takes all the things out too.  She loves putting the grandma in the bed...mommy in the crib and daddy in the tub, lol. 

Yes, DH is a cop.  He has been a police officer for over 10 years now.  He is on the 8am to 4 shift right now, but starting tomorrow it will be the 4pm to midnight shift.  What shift is your DH on? 

Does it bother you what he does for a living?  I worry sometimes, but I think I am in denial for the most part.  I try not to think of all the dangers he faces. 

• Loading the player...
  • DH has been a cop for 21 years - it was his first real job. Their shifts change every 3 mos. Right now he works 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. He actually likes it because it gives him more freedom to do the type of "digging" he likes to do. I hate it because he's either sleeping or grumpy when I'm awake!

It doesn't bother me what DH does for a living. I worry, but being a cop is so much a part of who he is I just can't separate the two. But several people in his department have been killed lately (not traffic accidents but actually murdered in the line of duty) and it really rattles me. I cannot watch those funerals on TV without being a crying mess.

However, when we first met I never thought I'd be comfortable sleeping with guns in the house, etc. It freaked me out knowing that all of that was right in my bedroom, etc. But I'm totally fine with it now. And oddly enough, I'm more paranoid about safety having been with him than I ever was before, because he's opened my eyes up to so many things!

• I hear you.  He doesn't work in a 'big' city, but all it takes is one crazy to drive through the city.  How very scary about his co-workers.  A few months back, a police officer was killed in the line of duty.  It was a couple of cities over from us and concidered a 'safe' area.  Another one was killed serving a warrent, but that was in Cleveland.  It is so very emotional to watch those funerals.  I know what you mean about 'knowing' about what kind of things are out there. 

DH's shifts change every 3 months also.  He use to do the Midnight shift when we first got together/married.  Since our Daughter was born, he sticks to the more day shifts than not.  He usually  tries to do the 8-4pm the second half of the year because of the holidays. 

• I just added the blinkie to my siggy...

(image)   (If you want to snag it, I got it from Photobucket...Just take out the ( )'s

• Ooops....try this

>>>>>image>>>>>>

• Thanks, that's awesome! I'll try to do it, but I've never actually tried that before. We'll see how it goes!
  • Ok, what ever.  I just did a search of 'married to a cop' and it came up. 
  • Awesome, it worked! Thanks!
  • trying one more time...

Put image at the begining and end of the link and c & p it to your siggy.

https://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/wolfkatt13/Misc/ththMarried_to_a_cop.gif

• lol, good...cuz I give up.

I don't know what I was doing.

• Nice chatting with you...Have a wonderful evening!!!  Maybe I will catch you around here again.

I really have to jump in the shower before he gets home and Daughter wakes up. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"