Infertility

My RE is retiring:<

I am soooo sad. I really like him. He is 70 and just had a knee surgery and wants to take time. He will be there till April 30. Just so sad I might not be able to finish this beofre he leaves. My D&C was Christmas Eve, I go back in 6 weeks to see what's next. I am hoping to get in one more cycle with him, but I dont know if is doing more, or just wrapping up. The letter says he has a replacement, but I don't know if that means the office will stay open. He mentioned a hospital. I love the nurses. I hate to see them all split up. I like the small office and the fact they all know who I am just with my first name. Sorry just feeling sorry for myself.

Re: My RE is retiring:<

• I know how you feel (kind of).  My IVF nurse left a couple months ago.  I was so sad but to be honest I am so much more optimistic with my new nurse since she has so much experience with my new protocol.

I know it sucks, but maybe a change is just what you need.Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no!  I am so sorry to hear that :(

I can only imagine how discouraged you are!  Hopefully, if you do need to start seeing his replacement, the office will stay open and the transition will go smoothly.  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you have a BFP before April 30th just in case!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks. maybe we do need a change. I do like him, and the office. I just hope the office stays intact. I want to try to get in a cycle, but maybe it won't be so bad if another guys just takes over. Our RE is super conservative. Not that I want 4-6 follies, but he only ever wants 1 and I would like 2 or 3 for a better chance. I just am sad that it worked with him finally and now he is leaving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"