Two Under 2

not wanting daycare

we have a 7 month old son and have another on the way in january. Recently my hubs parents decided they couldn't watch our son anymore while im working. I  was a sahm up untill just recently when i started this job about a month ago and they have been watching him during the day. Hubs has a lawn care business and i work at a local hospital in the evenings. His parents and him all agree that our son needs to go to daycare. I don't personally like the idea of daycare or having someone else raise my son. I'm working on getting  adjusted hours for work so i can watch him during the day and then work when hubs gets home. Has anyone else had a similar problem or arugment between the family? Just looking for sugestions.

Re: not wanting daycare

• Do you currently think your child's grandparents are raising your child? If not, then why would you think daycare is? My in laws watch my kids (they don't raise them) and we are still putting our 2 year old into pre-school this fall for the enrichment opportunities. Her pre-school teachers won't be raising her either. Is it okay with your DH that you are going to be working opposite schedules and therefore will have extremely limited time together? That wouldn't be okay with me.
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    Do you seriously think someone else is raising your son?  Do you think that husbands who work during the day and have a wife who stays at home don't raise their kids?  Come on. 

Sorry but I think you need a reality check.   When your child goes to school his teachers aren't raising him, you are.  Daycare can be awesome and you need to open your mind up a bit.  If you guys work opposite schedules, no one will ever have downtime and you will have very little time together as a family.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Others have covered the "someone else raising my child" comment. I'd like to know when you think you'll sleep if you watch your kid during the day and work when DH gets home.
  • moonfaeriemoonfaerie member
    edited July 2014
    I was nervous about sending DD1 to daycare, too. When I first went back to work, we had a combo of family members watching her, but it turned out that my family members weren't super reliable, and I felt like I was in a pinch half the time. So, when DD1 was 6 months old, she starte going to an in-home daycare two days a week, and MIL wached her three days. Then, when DD2 was born, DD1 went to daycare FT and MIL watched the baby. [br] My daughter absolutely loved her daycare days! She adored watching the older kids play (she was the only baby) and learned SO much there, even going for only two days. The key is to feel comofrtable with the daycare you pick. After visiting a couple, when you find the right one, you will know. I preferred the in-homes we looked at, because, for infants at least, the centers seemed more sterile, less warm. I ended up loving thtat my daughter was aroud a variety of ages. We paid a lot for in-home, but many of htem are significantly less expensive than centers, so thst's a perk too. It was hard for me at first, but it turned out to be great for all of us. Good luck with your decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"