I have been lurking for most part & am new to the IF board, I have been on 3T so far.
Both my DH & I are 35, we have been trying over a year. We've had 4 IUIs with no BFPs. DH is on the Kidney Transplant list & could start Dialysis at any time. The sperm count and quality apparently can be adversely affected by dialysis & we are trying to get decent samples frozen to keep our chances alive.
We have our IVF consult today! I am in obese range BMI wise - my BMI is 37. I have mostly heard that it can affect IVF success but some folks have reassured me that its not always the case. I am very torn between moving on to IVF immediately or taking a month or two off to get some weight off me because we have some frozen sperm.
Any advise or pointers are very very welcome!!! Thanks!!
DH : 36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)
Me: 36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )
IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN (March 2014)
IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)
7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)
IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)
IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)
IVF#1 - ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17 eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS 5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
Not sure where we go from here...
We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!