December 2012 Moms
Options

An important FYI!!!

Something that never crossed my mind but should be the first thing you do!

I found out yesterday that if something ever happens to Morgan and nobody can reach me or my husband, highly unlikely but things happen, because she's a minor the hospital/doctor can NOT treat her without our permission!  They can stabalize her but anything beyond that they have to wait for our permission.  They will need something signed by both of us stating it is ok for whoever is watching her to consent to further medical care.

If you haven't thought about it now is the time to write something up, it can be generic, that states the person in care of your child has your permission to consent to any and all medical care that is deemed necessary.  It doesn't need to be certified or notarized, just needs both signatures of the minor's parents/legal guardian. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

Re: An important FYI!!!

• Options
    Hmm.  I know that we filled out something for daycare to have onhand, but I hadn't thought about what would happen if she was with my dad/stepmom for instance.  I'll add that to the list for this afternoon.  Thanks! :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options

Here's a sample that you can personalize for your needs:

https://www.momready.com/articles/content.asp?ID=12

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do that every time someone watches the kids. I used to work in health care and was prepared.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options

I never even thought of it!  I made one and dated it out to the day after she turns 18. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    Had no idea! Will definitely get something typed up for when family or his babysitter watch him.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Options
    our pedi is part of a big hospital & insurance proviver network and once we started having other people watch LO (the 3mo appointment), they asked us about that sort of a form. For them, they automatically keep one on file becaue if anything were to happen to the care giver, or to the parents themselves (i.e. car accident), would need sign off for child's treatment. this way, is on file with hospital.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"