Babies: 0 - 3 Months

falling asleep after middle of the night feedings

we've been encountering issues with LO falling asleep after her MOTN feedings the last few nights. they're TORTURE! not sure what has changed - perhaps she is just more alert and aware of her surroundings but the last few nights she won't fall back asleep for at least an hour after she's done eating. she'll cry- despite swaddling, rocking, soothing, etc.  tips please :( 

TTC#2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: falling asleep after middle of the night feedings

• I agree with pp. Keep the distractions to a minimum. Avoid eye contact too.
    I swaddle ds while I feed him (from the second side) abd that seems to help.

• thanks for the suggestions...will keep at it! 

TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • From day one I didn't talk or turn on too many lights for the motn feedings. Also I like to change and burp baby halfway through bottle since LO often falls asleep eating at night. So far I have been lucky with him falling asleep quickly after eating at night.
  • We had a similar issue with our son. He would scream the rest of the night unless we were holding and wouldn't go back to bed. We had him sleeping in a rock n play sleeper at time. We switched him over to his mamaroo (sorta like a swing/bouncer) and not only does he fall asleep right away, he no longer wakes up for the middle of night feedings. Try to change things up. Babies love change. It may be all your LO needs :)
  • Same problem, it's driving us nuts!  LO sleeps for maybe 30 minutes then wakes up screaming!  Sometimes we notice that she does this when she spits up or is gassy, have you noticed this as well?  She just started startling at noises, we think the sounds of her farts are enough :(
  • Same problem, it's driving us nuts!  LO sleeps for maybe 30 minutes then wakes up screaming!  Sometimes we notice that she does this when she spits up or is gassy, have you noticed this as well?  She just started startling at noises, we think the sounds of her farts are enough :(
    since my somewhat desperate post i've changed things up a bit - i bought a red light bulb for the lamp. we used to have dim lighting but i read somewhere red is better as to not disturb the circadian rhythm.  it's helped so far! the last 2 nights LO falls asleep right after feeding. 

as for spit up or gassy i haven't noticed that

we've also put a small fan for background noise.  the street we live on is quite noisy and the floors of my house are very creaky. i think this has also helped

TTC#2
    This is my LO exactly.  Lately she's been having a really hard time pooping... it wakes her up because she's straining so hard.  Poor babies...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"