March 2015 Moms
Options

GTKY: Tattoos

Do you have any tattoos? Where and what of? Bonus points for PIP (even though I don't have pictures to share right now, lame, I know).

Re: GTKY: Tattoos

• Options
    I have 3. One is on my thigh, I got it when I was 17. It is a heart with my then boyfriend, now husband's initials in it. We have always been in love the way we are now, sounds cheesy, I know, but I knew we'd always be together, so I did it. Obviously that wasn't an issue.

I have two on my feet (one on each foot). They are lyrics from a Frank Turner song (don't know him? look him up, you're welcome). He's my absolute favorite musician. The quotes are: "Life is too short to live without poetry" and "Grab life by the throat and live it to pieces" They each have a swallow trailing a curvy line through the words. 
  • Options
    chrain said:
    My hubs HATES them but I have three... I am considering removing one... the biggest one on my back.

1. ankle - small ladybug
    2. hip - family crest
    3. back - giant naked fairy (I was 19... it was the late 90's/early 2000's DO NOT JUDGE ME YOU DON'T KNOW MY LYFE!) 

hubs says the fairy flips him off... 
    @chrain...my husband dated a girl with a naked fairy on her back...are you in MA? *wonders if @chrain is my husbands ex*  :-S

image image
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really really want another too. I want an airplane, but I waffle on location a lot. Stupid grown up jobs.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    No tattoos...  I have had interesting piercings that didn't see the light of day though ;)

• Options
    No tattoos. But I'd like to have one like this, if DH ever lets me. 
    Birds are a huge part of our life. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options

I have a few. Each shoulder blade, left wrist, right foot, and left ankle. Pic of my ankle below. The words that wrap around are from a letter my dad wrote me and gave me on my first day of college with his 10 favorite pieces of advice. I guess he'd been making a list for a couple of years, then picked his top 10. Above that are his initials. Both are in his handwriting, which was beautiful (way better than mine!). 

The words say "You don't know what you have until it's gone. Appreciate the moment."

He died in 2006, not even 2 years after he gave me the letter.

Sorry for my puffy bug-bite-covered ankle but you get the idea.

I'm so sorry about your dad. What a great memorial tattoo though, love that it is his writing.
  • Options
    I have two, one I am able to take a picture of and one I can't...but just because it's a "tramp stamp" and on my back.  That was my first one that I got at 18.  My best friend designed it for me and on her 18th birthday she got her belly button pierced and I got the tattoo.

The second one is the word "serenity" around my ankle.  I was a counselor at a summer camp for 5 years in Northern Wisconsin and this was the name of the cabin I was a counselor in for a few years.  A bunch of my friends who were counselors there as well all have the same tattoo.  I love my tattoos so much!

"Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• Options
    I have a few. Each shoulder blade, left wrist, right foot, and left ankle. Pic of my ankle below. The words that wrap around are from a letter my dad wrote me and gave me on my first day of college with his 10 favorite pieces of advice. I guess he'd been making a list for a couple of years, then picked his top 10. Above that are his initials. Both are in his handwriting, which was beautiful (way better than mine!). 

The words say "You don't know what you have until it's gone. Appreciate the moment."

He died in 2006, not even 2 years after he gave me the letter.

Sorry for my puffy bug-bite-covered ankle but you get the idea.

I love that your dad's words are tattooed on you! My father passed away in 1999 and I saved a lot of the letters he wrote me while I was away at summer camp and I cherish them greatly as well.  Very cool!
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• Options
    I have 5 tattoos.

1) A fleur de lis design on my right wrist.
    2) The Hebrew characters for the word 'meyvin' = maven (in English) = understands on my left forearm.
    3) The goddess Minerva going down my right side (its about 12").
    4) A triskele design above my belly button (which now that I'm prego will probably need to be fixed/re-done).
    5) The lower half of my back has the lion from the Royal Flag of Scotland (2 of them facing each other and then the motto of Scotland written in Latin underneath: nemo me impune lacessit (do not attack me with impunity).

I got my last tattoo in 2009. I have plans for 2 more (someday) but my husband isn't really "into" tattoos ... not really sure what he's doing with me (haha). As I've gotten older I've found higher priorities for my dollars. :)

for all M15 loss moms

• Options
    KJH23KJH23 member
    I have two.. The first one I got on my 18th birthday on my lower back. I was so excited that I was able to get a tattoo that I picked a random tattoo shop and picked a dumb design off the tattoo board. Yeah I thought I was cool! It is horrible looking. It was supposed to be a lower back one, and the guy put it up about 6 inches too high so it looks randomly placed. Then he tried to do some shading and it looks like he just forgot some parts on the flower. Thank goodness I don't have to see it everyday! The second one is a matching one with my best friend and is a symbol for friendship on my foot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Little Man is growing up! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    goofygoffgoofygoff member
    edited July 2014
    I have one, so far.  A blue and purple Imperial symbol from Star Wars on my left ankle.  Still thinking of getting the Rebel symbol on my other ankle to bring balance to the Force.

YES, I'M THAT NERD.  

:-B

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    I have a bunch
    1) Wizard of Oz Half sleeve (right arm)
    2) Japanese Phoenix Half Sleeve (left arm)
    3) lightning bolt (sternum)
    4) sacred heart w/ crossbones (under navel)
    5) sparrows (hips)
    6) watercolor skull (right upper thigh/hip)
    7) Army Engineers Castle (left thigh)
    8) set of 3 crossbones (down each calf)
    9) angel baby (left ankle)
    10) shamrock (right ankle)
    11) sons artwork - heart w/ mom inside (left foot)
    12) Brandon Boyd artwork - skulls and roses (right foot)
    ... I think that's all of them... 
  • Options
    I have one down my side that says "One Day At A Time".. which is ironic because I cant ever seem to do that!

Me(24), DH (31)
    Married November 2013     TTC#1 Since August 2013
    December 2013... BFP MC (8 weeks)
    April 2014...BFP CP
    June 2014...BFP... 12dpo beta 67...14dpo beta 134!!
    EDD: 3/4/15

image  image image image
  • Options
    HthillmannHthillmann member
    edited July 2014
    I have 5...

First one on my foot of a heart and a moon

Second on my hip of a treble clef and a rose

Third on my lower back as a Virginia Tech memorial tattoo (yes, I went there when the shooting took place)

Fourth on my rib cage of my Grandma's first name (Catherine) written in her handwriting, which I got a year after she passed.

My newest, which I got a few weeks ago (obviously not knowing I was pregnant haha), is a tattoo that says "love you, mom" written in her handwriting on my wrist. She was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gerhig's disease) a few months ago, so now I will always have her with me, telling me she loves me.
  • Options
    @goofygoff
    You will be needing one of these then ;) image
  • Options
    Not yet, but I want one. Probably my son Noah's (stillborn at 20w) footprint, of a hot air balloon for him.
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Three- inner ankle, dove with my moms initials (she passed when I was 9)
    Ass cheek- nautical star in purple and pink - this was my young and stupid tattoo, totally a "show off" type of thing…
    Third- back of neck, original art by tattoo artist, paisley looking design
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP 6/23/2014
    EDD: 3/3/2015 BOY! Connor James

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have 5 tattoos, one on my ankle it's a Celtic knot , one on my lower back it's a scotch knot, one on my left shoulder it's a film roll with my pictures in the film strip (I'm a photographer), one on my right upper arm a gardenia with the quote I did it my way (memorial tat for grandparents) and pip is my latest one it's a half sleeve of the birth flowers of my h my dd my puppy and myself
  • Options

I have one, when I was 19 I decided I wanted a Celtic cross, and for some reason thought it was a good idea to put it on my chest. 

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    I have 4, all black and white, no color. 1st one, when I was 15, a butterfly on my rib cage. 2nd one, when I was 18 three XXX's on my arm that represent straightedge. 3rd one, when I was 19 inside of my wrist, an Egyptian hieroglyph that means purity. 4th one, I was 21, on my abdomen that says in farsi: freedom without a leader. Punk rock and anarchy for all haha. If I could go back, I probably wouldn't get any of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"