LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check In (6/30/14)

Good morning everyone.

How is your/your partner's TTC journey progressing? Please fill us in on where you're at in the process.

**Reminder - Please do not post a BFP in this thread. If you have one to announce, please do so by creating a new thread so that everyone can see it. Thank you. **

QOTW: Tell us something unique/special about where you
live.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check In (6/30/14)

• Options
    @CrazyAunt84‌ - I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time with getting your meds. I have used Freedom since October and have never had a problem. I only get from them what I can't get from our local pharmacy...Ovidrel, Gonal-F and now Ganirelix. I got my Letrozole locally, my antibiotic and now my Endometrin as well.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So many BFPs around here recently, the TTC board is quiet. So happy for all those who moved on to the next stage. 

I am in the middle of a 2WW. I was feeling a little more hopeful this time, because the timing seemed good. But I started getting symptoms of AF yesterday. So this probably won't be the time it happens for us. 

Good luck fellow TTCers.
     TTC at age 37
    Feb '14: Unmedicated IUI=BFN
    March '14: Ovidrel + IUI=BFN
    April '14: Ovidrel + IUI=BFN
    May '14: Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium+IUI=BFN
    June '14: Ovidrel, prometrium+IUI=BFN
    Aug '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel, prometrium +IUIx2=BFN
    Oct '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel, prometrium+IUI=BFN
    Nov '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel +IUI
  • Options
    @CrazyAunt84 I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with Freedom Pharmacy. We've used them since we started TTC and never once had a problem. They've always been good about shipping the medication on time, even with my "emergency" orders that arrive the next day. Hopefully they get their stuff together soon!

@StacyLH24 Great news about being done with the BCPs. Being on those for the 2-3 weeks just seems like months, not to mention the almost 10lbs I always gain while on them. Can't wait to hear about the ER!

Today we had our meeting with the RE. She could take something horrible and make it sound okay. We absolutely love her. Actually we love our whole clinic! They are like our family now and were even crying with us last Friday. Our RE called me late Saturday night to check in on me and we even have her personal cell phone number which we have used many times :)

So here is our plan we all agreed on...

Had my beta done today. Last Friday it was a 62. Tomorrow if I am at a 0 then I will start BCP. I will be on those for about 2-3 weeks. Then I will be starting 450 Gonal F and 150 Menopur for 10 days. Instead of doing the HCG trigger I will be doing the Lupron trigger. Egg retrieval will be in August. My RE said I should have a lot of eggs for retrieval. They will then do a day 5 freeze all. 

Then the waiting happens. My transfer will happen in October. I have to admit I'm a little bummed but L and I did talk about taking a break. Looks like it will happen now. My RE said that new studies are coming out that are showing your odds are better when you freeze your embryos to allow your body to get back to its natural state. I trust my RE 100% so we basically asked her what she thought would be best for me. The possibility of freezing them for future children is also a perk. 

Just like she said "Unfortunately its not a sprint. Its a marathon" So true!

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    @Himee33‌ - I'm sorry you had to have that appointment, but I'm glad that you have come up with a plan that you're both comfortable with. I have also heard that the success rate with FET is higher than a fresh transfer.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @TwoMomsInTX‌ Sorry you were unable to convince your wife! Yesterday in our meeting with our RE we discussed my miscarriage and the possibility of the bad embryo, but she still doesn't think the genetic test is necessary.

Good luck with everything! I know the waiting is hard. Especially with the weeks of BCP! I wanted to take a break but was thinking like a month or so. Not October. Oh well :)

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options

Still waiting...  I was told by the clinic to start tracking my LH Tuesday next week, and if I get a faint line to call.  From the way things have been going, and how my cycle runs like clockwork, I should surge on Friday the 11th.  But if I surge on the Friday, that means I should O on Saturday, which also means we will miss our chance for the IUI as our clinic doesn’t do them on weekends.

Depending on what happens I think I will be asked to go to Saskatoon Friday to have an u/s and see where everything stands.  But if I O on Saturday; Monday will be too later. And doing the IUI Friday would be too early.  At least that’s what I think…  But what do I know, right…

And to top everything off, my Mom is here for 2 weeks starts Saturday and the in-laws are flying in the same day, but leaving about a week earlier than my Mom.  So it makes things a little hard to just get up and leave town for the day to have an u/s done while they all sit at the house.  They all know what’s going on, and support us 100%, but at the same time, it makes things hard for us to try and get our family started.  I wanted to hold off until August because of the timing with the visit.  But Jo doesn’t want to.  So we will see what happens.

Something special/unique about where I live:  Ummmmm… The sun doesn’t actually set here until after 11pm during the summer.  On clear nights you can still see the pink of the sunset at 2am.  Pretty cool, but messes up your sleep.

I'm 35, DW is 33
    Together since Dec 2007
    Married since 18 June 2011

TTC #1
    1st IUI - trigger, 9 July 14 at midnight, IUI - 11 July 14 at noon - BFP!!
    10 Dec 14 - Lost our Baby Girl to Hydrops & Cycstic Hygroma due to Turner Syndrome
    TTC #2
    2nd IUI - hoping to try for our Rainbow in the Spring
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"