3rd Trimester
Options

When did your belly "drop"?

I'm just over 33 weeks and noticed this morning that my belly seemed lower than usual.  It looked like there was a larger gap between the bump and my boobs.  And then a co-worker noticed it too so I'm not being paranoid.  Is it too early for this to happen? Have any of you ladies noticed the same thing at this point in your pregnancy?  TIA! 

BabyName Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When did your belly "drop"?

• Options
    I was about 33w also when I felt I could breath better and noticed a gap between boobs/belly. I still can't really tell in pictures, but this week others have noticed I dropped.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    kd&cdkd&cd member
    Mine started to drop at around 32/33 weeks...rest assured it's not "the" drop. My belly has dropped multiple times. The most noticeable was at 38 weeks when I no longer had a shelf but a steep slope under my boobs, this was when when "the" drop happened confirmed by my OB.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My belly got lower around 34 weeks, but, as PP said, it's not "the" drop yet. I know when I had "the" drop with DS at 39ish weeks, I felt like I had a bowling ball between my legs.  Fun stuff.

I am ready for "the" drop with this one.  My ribs and back are super sore from her being so high.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was around 34 weeks last time and during this pregnancy. (Just a little easier to breathe, but definitely using the bathroom more!)  The actual drop won't be happening for a few more weeks!
  • Options
    My belly dropped when my water broke. 
  • Options
    32 weeks
  • Options
    In this pregnancy, happened around at around 35 weeks. I had been getting upper back pressure during BH and then it became lower back pressure when the baby dropped. I also got fewer "any day now!" comments since baby was less protruding. 

First time though, didn't happen til much later - my pics at 37 weeks look like baby hadn't dropped yet. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ChrisBChrisB member
    My little guy is still riding high! I am showing no signs of oncoming labour....just a waiting game :)
  • Options
    I dropped a few weeks ago. It's pretty obvious now so I'm hoping they arrive soon. With DD I think I dropped a few weeks before having her at 39 weeks. It's pretty normal to drop "early" though!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    With my first at 36 weeks and with my second I was in transition about to labor down.
  • Options
    I dropped about halfway through week 36
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BFP 10/27/13---Heartbeat 11/20/13---Its a BOY, Ethan Ray 2/18/14---Possible heart defect 2/18/14---Confirmed Aortic valve abnormality 3/26/14---Scheduled delivery June30th
  • Options
    NADA-HNADA-H member
    I'm 37W 6D and my stomach is still relatively high, it did very slightly drop and baby's head is in pelvis just not as low as it should get eventually, I'm a FTM
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    With DD, mine never did.

• Options
    Everyone has commented on my dropping, I'm 31 weeks, but I can't tell? My belly is lower, but my baby seems higher...but he also decided to turn sideways this week, and he's kicking my ass. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I dropped at 36wks and then some more at 38wks. He dropped so fast that I got stretch marks. WAHHHH!!!  :((

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    I feel like mine dropped a little in the past week (I'm 35w) and it brought much more frequent trips to the restroom and soreness to my lady parts. I like to pretend for my sanity that that area is only going to bother me during the actual delivery, but with this little drop not being "the" drop and the pain it's brought with it, my fantasy is starting to fall apart.
  • Options
    Yes that happened to me yoo! I didn't mention it to anyone though...I thought it was not a problem. Nothing happened after that I think it's normal and if you're worried ask your doctor.
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, and trying to get the baby to do her late drop. I have 3 already, and they all dropped about a week before we delivered at 37w. I've been carrying low the whole pregnancy this time around, and she decided like 2 weeks ago that she would stretch out instead of drop lower. Every pregnancy is different so I wouldn't worry to much about the drop, baby just wanted more space to move around. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"