May 2013 Moms

Poll: What are your sleeping arrangements?

edited June 2014 in May 2013 Moms
We are reluctant bed sharers. However even though we are reluctant for some reason I haven't been able to pull the trigger on sleep training. I think the main reason is because I know I need to be consistent once we make the decision to have him sleep on his own, so I feel like I need to be fully ready because I can't change my mind. Even though my sleep is kind of crappy since he hogs the bed and wiggles around so much, I feel like I'll miss him. And obviously at some point he needs to be in his own bed. And I'm worried the older he gets the harder it will be for him to change. Still, I can't seem to make myself do it. Just wondering how many of the other May babies are sleeping on their own now?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

Poll: What are your sleeping arrangements? 92 votes

Bed sharing happily
10% 10 votes
Bed sharing reluctantly
8% 8 votes
Sleeping in his/her own room
67% 62 votes
Some other option I didn't think of
13% 12 votes

Re: Poll: What are your sleeping arrangements?

• In cribs in their own room.

Took us a little longer than anticipated to get there, but so glad we did get there.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • We are also reluctant bed sharers. DH works at night so I feel more comfortable keeping ds close by. However, he is also wriggly and I am not sure how much longer we will keep bedsharing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Boo0512Boo0512 member
    edited June 2014
    I want to say something without sounding like an asshat...if you plan to sleep train at some point, I would do it sooner than later.

DD has been in her own room in a crib since day 1 and we've gone through sleep training a few times. We are on day 6 of it right now and it's been hell. It's so much harder now than when she was younger.

You probably already know this but I'm kicking myself for slipping into old habits and not doing this sooner. Good luck with whatever you do.

If you do sleep train I hope it goes well.
  • Boo0512 said:
    I want to say something without sounding like an asshat...if you plan to sleep train at some point, I would do it sooner than later. DD has been in her own room in a crib since day 1 and we've gone through sleep training a few times. We are on day 6 of it right now and it's been hell. It's so much harder now than when she was younger. You probably already know this but I'm kicking myself for slipping into old habits and not doing this sooner. Good luck with whatever you do. If you do sleep train I hope it goes well.
    You don't sound like an asshat! I need to hear this, really. I'm probably going to do some sleep training in the next week or two since DH will be off of work for awhile and be able to help. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• She sleeps well in her own room. We moved her out of our room at almost 6 months. I did miss her, but I immediately started sleeping better and so did she. She had gotten to the point where she was waking up easily at any noise, and she seemed more comfy in her crib than the pnp.

It was nice to have our room back.

Pregnancy Ticker

• blush64blush64 member
    edited July 2014
    We bedshare happily. I love it. I have a twin bed in our room for me and A while my husband sleeps in our bed. I love the arrangement right now. I will not do any real sort of sleep training. I don't believe sleep training is necessary. (Not for us anyway) As she gets older the twin bed will be moved to her own room and the nursing to sleep and wake will just be stories. (Bedtime stories) I already sing or tell stories as she nurses. We just do it gradually as she matures.

Edit I guess it isn't the norm here but forming habits doesn't bother me. I don't consider nursing to sleep or sharing the bed bad habits. It isn't like she will be sleeping with me when she's 16.
  • DD bedshared with us since she was born until she was 11 months or so, we would try off and on to let her sleep in her crib but she woke up all the time. Finally i did one night and she slept the whole night and has slept in it ever since...which i now realized all of her wake ups were due to her teething. She has all her teeth now, and I'm so glad its over with. But i honestly did like bed sharing lol, i miss it sometimes.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • DD has always slept on her own, bassinet for 8 weeks and crib since then. For six months her crib was in our room (no choice there since we had a 1 bedroom apt), but she's been in her own room since then.

We never sleep trained. Thought about it a bunch, but I guess I just never got fed up enough with the wake ups to actually do it.

LO has finally been STTN, for the last few weeks.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
  • I picked other usually she is in her crib but if she wakes up we will put her in with us. Sometimes the bigger kids wake up and crawl in our bed. The times when there is more then one in there I will go sleep in the kids bed. It works so why not.

imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • He's in his crib first half of the night then comes to bed with us. I want him in his bed 100% of time but I'm too tired to sleep train in middle of night.
  • jmevoljmevol member
    I started out bedsharing for the first 6 weeks or so, then she slept in a rock n play right next to bed until she was 8mo. We then got her to sleep in her crib (with a bit of crying admittedly).

Now sometimes if she wakes up super early in the AM I bring her into bed so I can get more zzz's, but she is a terrible bed partner! Pulls my hair, kicks, scratches - I end up not sleeping that well when I do bring her in bed. But like PP's have said, I think the sooner the better bc habits do begin to form, but times like teething/sickness are a different story.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any sign of illness/teething and we go back from being in cot in own room to bed sharing in her room.

She definitely sleeps better when she's on her own without me waking her up. Given that she's sleeping on the mattress on the floor in her room with me I might just carry on like this until she can go in her cotbed. Or maybe I'm just crazy for even thinking that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Room sharing......I cant seem to get myself to let him sleep in his own room so his crib is still in ours, even though I promised DH that LO would be a big boy in his own room by age one I haven't even attempted it

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image       image

image A look at my future

• I have nothing against bed sharing but c got evicted when his little brother came.
  • I picked Other. Before we moved (we are staying with a family member, so we're all in one room right now), A was in his crib in his own room. But if he woke up and wouldn't let me put him back in his crib, I would bring him to bed with me. I still nurse him to sleep, and we don't STTN. I don't believe in sleep training, personally. I figure eventually he'll STTN and won't need to nurse to sleep.
    photo 557d2a08-8ed4-4d2b-9ba6-5f4850d67476.jpg
  • Bed sharing on occasion. Trust me when I say, when she isn't there I do miss her! She typically starts in her crib, but some night ends up with me... last night she stayed all night in her crib. We are about a 50/50 split!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"