Natural Birth

Music during labor/birth

Any particular songs you ladies listened to during labor/birth??

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Music during labor/birth

• I listened to "Comfort Zone" a Hypnobirthing CD.  My best advice would be to have a mix of music, because you never know what you will be in the mood for.  I found that any kind of talking was disruptive to me, so I needed something that was purely instrumental.  I've also heard of women doing a playlist for labor and one for pushing.  Even though our hospital had a CD player I chose to use my MP3 and wear headphones.  I was really glad I brought headphones because it kind of kept me in my own little world and helped to eliminate a lot of the hospital noise.
  • I used the Liquid Mind IX Lullaby album. It is a very relaxing and soothing intrumental music. My nurses even commented on how soothing it was and that it set the perfect tone for a calming birth.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a playlist last time, but didn't play it like I had planned. I don't remember most songs that were on it, but it had Splinter and Present/Infant by Ani DiFranco. I would sing the lyrics in my head though when I needed to refocus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I had a list with stuff like enya and jason mraz, also ended up listening to volbeat on pandora. ya nevver know what sorta music you'll be in the mood for

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last time I didn't have any music. When I think about it this time I always end up imagining myself listening to Motown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"