March 2014 Moms

BF Monday

2»

Re: BF Monday

• Thanks for the support, ladies! Haha. I don't even know how it ended up being my job! None of my close friends were there, more like fringe friends. We have a wedding the end of July where I fully intend to make up for it!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    textimage

• I'm late but it's still Monday...

Dd slept like complete shit last night! Hoping so hard for a better night!!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Loading the player...
  • bjd316 said:

Last night while I was sitting outside trying to get the skunk smell out of my dog before letting him in the house, I apparently got attacked by mosquitoes. I have at least 5 giant bites and they itch so flipping bad. I just want to scratch so bad.

Antiperspirant deodorant on them wait 5 minutes and the itch is gone.
  • Kalpa521 said:
    This is my Monday bf. yup, there were SIX skunks in my backyard. F@$&!!!

That's pretty cool but than again I have never seen a wild skunk or smelled one :)
  • @lalaith50‌ thanks for the link! I have looked at that site before but there are a number of interesting articles related to our issue that I haven't read. Apparently LOs weight went from 11th percentile at 2 months to 3rd percentile at 3 months. I had no idea. He is a super content baby, STTN, has met all the developmental milestones. He didn't poop everyday but I figured it was a family thing since my daughter and myself have issues in that area. I'm just sad that my dream of EBF is looking like it's over. But maybe there is some info on that site that can help
  • It's bizarre to me that he'd suggest you jump right to supplementing without trying other interventions first to increase your supply.

If EBF is important to you get a second opinion and see an LC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's bizarre to me that he'd suggest you jump right to supplementing without trying other interventions first to increase your supply.

I feel like for some reason every medical professional in this city pushes formula over breastfeeding. It starts from day one in the hospital they try to convince you to give formula even trying to send home samples when you say you want to EBF. The drs in town are no better suggesting formula supplement all the time. And I'm not the only one to say that. I've had friends and family say the same thing about different drs. I did talk to a LC but her only suggestion was domperidone and I'm nervous about talking a prescription and about possible side effects. I don't know I guess I just don't understand how a super happy, always content baby who STTN is "starving".

I feel like for some reason every medical professional in this city pushes formula over breastfeeding. It starts from day one in the hospital they try to convince you to give formula even trying to send home samples when you say you want to EBF. The drs in town are no better suggesting formula supplement all the time. And I'm not the only one to say that. I've had friends and family say the same thing about different drs. I did talk to a LC but her only suggestion was domperidone and I'm nervous about talking a prescription and about possible side effects. I don't know I guess I just don't understand how a super happy, always content baby who STTN is "starving".
    wow my hospital encouraged EBF for minimum of 6 weeks because of the health benefits. Crazy to think others wouldn't

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • @teachermommy9967‌

You should find an IBCLC certified lc, mine spent a lot of time with me and helped me supplement in a way that worked for me. I did (and still do) use formula but what we did is perfectly fine with expressed milk. I personally would be concerned with that shift in weight and I know that a good lc would help.

Also, I thought I had a content good natured baby but my lc said it was a lack of energy that caused the behavior. Once I got him fed more and consistently he was up more often and demanding food. She did it was common for people to think that they just had good babies but they needed more nutrition.

I definitely think if you want to continue with BM you can!
    March 2014 February Siggy Challenge: Third Trimester Feelings

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • YankeePeach08YankeePeach08 member
    edited July 2014
    So, I get to work today, and all of the stuff that I use for my boys is nowhere to be found. I am extremely thankful that I get to bring the twins to work with me, but, how can I be expected to care for their 4 year old when there's nowhere for my boys to nap?
     @mselliott08 have you talked with your employer about a raise yet, how did it go?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @lincbeesmom‌ thanks! I'm just feeling frustrated I guess.

Hope your little one starts sleeping better soon for you, my twins were terrible sleepers until 7 months old, then it luckily got better. I only mentioned the STTN to show how content he is vs waking up cause he is hungry (which he did during his 6 and 12 week growth spurts).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"