August 2013 Moms
Options

4th of July Plans

What kind of plans do you have for the 4th??  The 4th is my favorite holiday - well tied with Thanksgiving.  :-)  I'm glad its part of a weekend this year - the weekday 4ths are never exciting.  We're still trying to nail down our plans, but it'll likely include going to my sister's and having fun in their pool - I have 2 nieces (1.5 and 3.5) and they just adore DD - its so sweet to see them all together.

4th of july graphics

Re: 4th of July Plans

• Options
    For once since it falls on my scheduled day off, we are both actually off....Plans....minimal. Orlando is a zoo during the 4th, so we try to avoid the area as best we can...We may go watch some fireworks though and see how LO does

• Options
    I used to love Fourth of July. With kids, and no family near by, it's not nearly as fun as it used to be. We were hoping to catch some fireworks this year as we haven't seen any since G was born (so since 2010) but they just start too late here. The earliest we found is 9 PM. Our kids go to bed at 7pm.. So hopefully we can catch some from our backyard.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    Sorry @dani_brewer...I should've added in "Happy Canada Day!"

Yeah, one of my favorite things about the 4th is fireworks...with DD now, I guess I'll watch them on TV!  Living at my parents house right now, they are close to the town fireworks...so I MIGHT be able to see them from their front lawn-  as long as DD sleeps through them.  Wishful thinking?
  • Options
    This is the first 4th in 6 years both DH and I are off!! We will be swimming and BBQ at the ILS. No fireworks allowed there bc of fire danger. But I will prob get some sparklers for SS.
  • Options
    I've always loved the 4th. This year, we don't have any plans, but that's actually kind of glorious. We're just going to work on getting our house ready to sell and hang out with family. But maybe we'll try to catch some fireworks. I'm turning 34 tomorrow (gah!... ) and will pretend the fireworks are just for me. :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've always loved the 4th. We're going to have a BBQ at our place with good food and swimming. DH is also planning a Star Trek marathon, a throwback to when we were little. Will probably watch the fireworks on tv if I can find one I like. I'm honestly not a fan of the Macy's display. I love the one out of Boston, but none of the networks around here show it. : ( Will probably watch the DC ones.

• Options
    ludaliludali member
    @ayanahazel1 happy early birthday!!  and don't worry - I turn 35 in October, I have you beat!  There's at least 1 bumpie older than you!  :-)  
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    Its my birthday on the 5th so we will be going to Cedar Point for the weekend to celebrate!
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I visited Cedar Point eyars go - love it!
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    Mlc10811 said:
    We'll be hunkered down in the house thanks to the pending hurricane off the coast. Fun times ahead over here! 8-|
    Ugh, so sorry for this!!  Looks like we'll have a wash-out of a weekend when the storm comes up our way...stay safe!!
  • Options

Hopefully, the nasty weather will stay away.

We have a family pool party to go to during the day. Then, hopefully we will get to the beach for fireworks. If you pick the right beach, you can see fireworks up and down the coast and off of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket!

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    Ah, I'd love to be on the Cape for the 4th @Cosmic+Love...  The crazy traffic must've begun about a month ago though, huh?
  • Options
    @Cosmic+Love‌ I'm so jealous! I love Nantucket and the Vineyard!

We'll be hoping for no rain so the family cookout doesn't turn into an indoor dinner. Still debating trying the fireworks with LO
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LO and I will be at our friend's house very close to home. We are going to BBQ, play with the LO's in the blow up pool and do some early fireworks. DH is working so he won't be joining us. :(

• Options
    @ludali Oh my gosh, yes! The traffic in the past week really has become crazy. I was surprised my blood pressure wasn't higher at my physical today. ;)
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    We'll probably hang out with my sister during the day then we always grab some ice cream and watch the fireworks at our local park.
  • Options

Its my birthday on the 5th so we will be going to Cedar Point for the weekend to celebrate!

Cedar Point is the bomb! Are you nearby?
    Im in SE Michigan so its only about 2 hours away!
  • Options
    the 4th of july rodeo is a huge thing in my hometown so we will probably stay the night at my mom's house and do the parade/rodeo/firework show.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm spending Friday and Saturday at the campground with E. DH has to work. :( there's a parade on Saturday and fireworks over the lake. Call me crazy but I'm gonna try to make sure E sees them!

Anniversary

• Options

Cedar Point is the bomb! Are you nearby?
    Im in SE Michigan so its only about 2 hours away!
    I feel like I knew you were from MI but forgot. I'm in Metro Detroit. Have fun at CP and ride the raptor for me! Someday I'll make it back there.
    I live 5 minutes from Metro Airport. I want to get the fast pass so we can cut in front of everyone in line. Oh and I'll ride the raptor 10 times for ya!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"