December 2014 Moms
Options

As long as we're talking about really expensive stuff...

For those of you who have looked into daycare, how much will it be for you? I have a toddler already, and it will be $490 per week for both kids. Ugh! That's pretty standard around me. So what area are you from and what will you pay? Oh, for ease of comparison, I'll format it... Others can follow the format if they like.

I live in suburban New England and I will pay $490 per week for two kids at a learning center 5 days a week.

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: As long as we're talking about really expensive stuff...

• Options
    I am a nanny out of my home (moms bring their kids to me) I charge $30 a day per kid.
  • Options
    I'm in the Central PA area, right now we pay $130/week for E. Once baby comes we'll pay $250/week with the small discount for a sibling. Daycare will be more expensive than my rent. The thought process of spending so much on care makes me want to quit my job, but I tried for a long time for this job, and not it's not practical to live off of H's income alone, even without a daycare bill.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drgn30Drgn30 member
    full time infant daycare in my hood will set me back more than $2,000/month - and that's assuming you can even get in.  i can't believe it's so much cheaper in other parts of the US/world.

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• Options
    Average around me is $185 a week under 3 and $165 a week over 3 yo
  • Options
    Holy cow we pay $900 a month per child you guys are getting a deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited June 2014
    Before I moved to the other side of town it was going to be over $1000 a month for my 2 and the reason I decided not to go back to work yet.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I live in Chicago. Daycare facility we are interested in is over $2,000 a month for a baby for 5 days a week.

Like twolittledogs said...it is more than my mortgage payment.

Test
  • Options
    I'm just outside Toronto, ontario. If I stick with the same home daycare DS is currently in it will be about $350 a week or $1400 a month for two kids. If we switch to a daycare centre it will be $675 a week or $2700 a month for both. DH really wants to be a stay at home dad though so we will likely look into that possibility.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm paying $509/month for 2 days/week right now for my one year old in Southeastern Virginia.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm in NE and I pay $633 a month for one of the nicer montessori schools here(only Mon-Thurs 8:30-3)
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• Options
    I live in a Kansas suburb of Kansas City. If we sent both kids to the center DS is currently at it would be $470 per week. DS is starting a new school in august though which doesn't accept infants so we'll be looking for an in home daycare for baby. Hopefully at a cheaper rate than our current center charges.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options
    I live in south Florida and pay $480 per week for DD. That will probably go up to $600/week with second baby. I have no idea how we are going to do it.
  • Options
    35$/day per kid, so average about $735 a month. For three that'll be about $2200.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    I live in arizona and will be paying about $1100 a month for full time daycare
    Me: 28 Husband:: 29
    TTC  since April, 2012; Diagnosed with Hashimotos, Annovulatory.
    October, 2013- Metformin + 50mg Clomid + iui - BFN
    November, 2013- Metformin + 50mg Clomid + iui + Prometrium 2x a day- Chemical Pregnancy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    In Pittsburgh- $980/month.

@SLC1102‌ I can't believe you have daycare that cheap!! We left DC a couple years ago, bc in the district daycare was over $2000 and we couldn't live in our apt. and have daycare.
  • Options
    nashambernashamber member
    edited July 2014

In Honolulu - $1,700/month per child part-time and $2,200/month full-time without a meal. I had no idea that meals were separate - silly me.

No clue how this will pencil out, but trying to keep a positive attitude. Ughhh.

• Options
    momtoE25momtoE25 member
    edited July 2014
    DS' daycare was $560 a month. We are moving though and should be about $400 a month for him. So for both, it will be a little less than $1000.

ETA: that amount is in Texas.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I live in Vancouver, BC and once I go back to work (after a year of mat leave), it will be about $1400/ month per child at a full-time daycare.  I didn't realize it could vary so much!
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    byrne15byrne15 member
    edited July 2014

I live in suburban western NY and I will pay $665 per week for two kids at a learning center 5 days a week.

So $2,880 per month

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

• Options
    I'm paying $255 per week right now for just my 2 year-old. I'm scared to even ask what adding an infant into the mix will add! We are exploring our options right now. I live in the Raleigh, NC area.

• Options
    kboyetkboyet member
    I just signed up this week and will be paying $275 a week. I did visit a place that was $2500 a month so now I feel like I'm getting a deal lol!
  • Options
    JCM285JCM285 member
    DH and I are going to start looking after our next appointment which is one week from today. I'm kind of afraid to find out how much daycare is though. We live in northern NJ and everything is so expensive here!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    OMG I need to get on this. You are all so on top of things!!!
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    $250/week ($13,000/year) for our baby at the caretaker's house with max of 4 other kids. To hold the spot, we have to pay every week even if we don't go (aka, sick days, vacations, holidays). The bigger day care centers I looked at were quite a bit more than that.
  • Options
    Daycare in the providers home that DS goes to (and I love) is $50/day. I send him 4 days per week since I currently work Saturdays and have a day off during the week, so his works out to be $800/month. Because they'll be close in age and both under two there would be no discount for my second baby, so that's $1600/month.

I work for a small non-profit so my salary is only like $2000/month, so I will be staying home with them both. I did find a Mother's morning out program at a local church that allows them to come and play with others one morning per week for like $40/week, so I'll be doing that so I can have some downtime during the week.
  • Options
    MeetherMeether member
    edited July 2014
    SoxFan777 said:
    For those of you who have looked into daycare, how much will it be for you? I have a toddler already, and it will be $490 per week for both kids. Ugh! That's pretty standard around me. So what area are you from and what will you pay? Oh, for ease of comparison, I'll format it... Others can follow the format if they like.

I live in suburban New England and I will pay $490 per week for two kids at a learning center 5 days a week.

We will have a nanny and then transition to daycare at around 18 mos to 2 years like we did with dd. For dd, our nanny was $2800 per month (great deal) and preschool/ daycare was $2200. Now she is in preschool in NNJ and it's $1600. We also pay someone to take care of her after school ends. I suspect having a nanny will be a little cheaper than it was in NYC but I'm not sure. I think we will pay around $4000 for preschool and nanny. I'm also hoping to quit my job, so we will just have to pay for preschool.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Looking into a home care babysitter which is $25 a day so $125 a week.. $600 a month. MIL hopes to retire next May so the baby will probably go to the babysitter for 2-3 months at most if all works out. Free all day 3 and 4 year old preschool in our town. I'm in South Jersey.
  • Options
    I am a stay at home mommy :)
  • Options
    The center I like near our home is $1700 a month for an infant.  We live in NOVA but work in DC.  It's gross.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    In my area we have found the average to be around $1,200/month for M-F for an infant. REALLY keeping fingers crossed that by the time baby comes DH will have grown his business enough that I can work for him (from home). 
  • Options
    The daycares around me are very high priced. I will be using my MIL lol
    If you want decent care in a clean place where I live you have to cough up between $700- $2,000 a week. There are places in the $400s but I actually worked in one and the children were not properly reprimanded and I quit after 2 weeks because I did not want to be part of that psychologically damaging environment. It was also very dirty.
  • Options
    SLC1102 said:

PacoCat33 yeah my H and I are very fortunate.  We both work for Uncle Sam, this is one of the perks.

My DH works for Uncle Sam and doesn't have shit! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Don't hate me...

I live in North Dakota, and it will be $150/week for an infant in full-time home daycare, all meals/formula (if needed) included. He/she will go to the same home daycare provider my 3-yr-old DD went to, and we love her like a member of our family, so I'm very pleased. DD goes to a Catholic preschool, and it is also $150/week. The difference is, her school doesn't provide meals, only snacks.
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Options
    erynpdxerynpdx member
    edited July 2014
    If we go with the full time center option we'll be around $1000-$1200/month - I'm also looking at in home options which look more like $800/month or if there's a way to go part time some how. Trying to just have faith that it'll all work out in the end.
    ETA: In Portland, OR
  • Options

This is precisely why I am staying home. We already spent half of my teaching salary paying our nanny this past school year. It just doesn't make sense to work such a demanding job with a second baby. I wouldn't be bringing home enough money to make it worth while.

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We just got on the wait list for 2 centers near my office and about 25 minutes from DH, but luckily it's on the way home for either of us. $380 a week for 3-18 months is what I've been quoted. We live in Northern VA and work in Maryland so this was a much cheaper alternative to a nanny which I have found to be about $15 an hour. Our awful schedule would require 50 hours a week!
  • Options
    So what you guys are saying is I need to start my own daycare center...
  • Options
    We pay MIL to watch our DS and she will be watching this one also.  We will have preschool costs this fall also.  We pay MIL $600 a month and preschool will be roughly $115 a month.

• Options
    We offered since she tried teaching while we were pregnant then was not renewed so we are basically paying her student loan debt.  We would have paid her something no matter what since SIL in is Catholic School and if MIL can't work it would be worse for them.  Plus this is about $200 to $400 cheaper than putting him in day care.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"