Baby Names

asking here...

since we don't want to share with people IRL.  What do you think of these names?  We haven't decided for sure, but we are having a hard time coming up with names.

Girl:   Aveline (av-uh-lean) Celia 
Boy:  Eamon (a-min) James

Thanks.

* Edited to add pronunciations (as requested).  I am honestly surprised to find that it is difficult to figure out how to pronouce these names (and this has been noted).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: asking here...

• Love the girl name. very pretty.

Boy name not so much my style, but not awful.

• They are different, but I like them...
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know if I've heard either of your first names before.  Not really my style, but they sound nice (if I'm "saying" them right in my head).  :)
  • not common, so that's a plus.

but not sure that I like them.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How do u say them and then I will give my honest opinion.
  • Aveline - It's OK.  Reminds me of Avalon, which is neither good nor bad - just that it reminds me a place.

Eamon - that's tough.  Be prepared for a lifetime of mispronunciations.  But at the same time I wouldn't suggest an alternate spelling, and it sounds fine. 

I think both names are fine choices.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I dont really like either one, sorry!
  • I was merely guessing my pronunciation the first time around. Although I'm still unsure if you're saying Aveline with a long A or a short one.

• I like Aveline, but Eamon is nms.

I think he will be constantly correcting people. I think 99% of people will pronounce it "Eee-mon" or just stare at it and ask how to say it.

Love Aveline though!

• Cute names, but I would have had NO idea how to say Eamon it if you didnt tell me...
  • I love Eamon - great Gaelic name :)  It's on the top of my list for boy names.  Unfortunately, the hubs has vetoed it. Sad day.

• Aveline - def. tricky to pronounce.  As a teacher, I would definitely pronounce this wrong on the first day (I would probably say Av-uh-line)  Maybe spell it Avalene?  Avilene?  The more I write it, the more it starts to sound like Valvoline. . . (sorry!)

Eamon - Much easier to pronounce.  NMS, but it's a nice name.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"