April 2014 Moms
Options

Taking a break!

When you get one of those rare "breaks", what do you like to do? I picked up ice cream for H and me tonight and drove with all the windows down and blared my 90s on 9 station.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Taking a break!

• Options
    I usually do something similar. Windows down, music up. Then I go to target or tj maxx and just browse. It's nice not to worry about her for a little bit.
  • Options
    HoleriHoleri member
    Definitely a drive with the music up! Trip to Target or Homegoods! And a Starbucks! Wish I could get a break each day
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha! I shower & read my trashy magazines! Oh, and take my dogs out for a good run!
  • Options
    Loud music....I don't get many breaks....like two in the last 10wks.
  • Options
    Long shower, or play with the dog, or video games, or brandy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    My 6 year old had a bday party to go to and it was at a chuck e cheese type place in a mall. Dh was at home with the other 3 kids, so i dropped off the 6YO, and walked around the mall for two hours.
  • Options
    Cleaning out the chicken and duck pens. My poor critters are so deprived since LO arrived.
  • Options
    I took a nap today while DD1 and DH watch Lego movie as DD2 slept. I woke up and felt horrible like I had a hangover! I would like to take a bubble bath tonight while having a drink.
  • Options
    Grocery shop / run errands solo...without two kids in tow, it seriously feels almost as good as a pedicure (which would be the other thing I do on occasion)!

I am such a cliche.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    Can I just say I thought this thread was going to be a GBCB and I got excited? I thought for a small second we had some drama and I missed it!
  • Options
    @Emily041285‌ I thought someone might think that, and I'm an AW so I left it :-bd

• Options
    I've been lucky, LO is a tough baby and I've been dealing with PPD/high anxiety since she was born, so my sister and MIL have been here to help me on and off. I'll go to CVS or Target or drive to the Starbucks in the next town. I'll turn up the music, put the windows down. Sometimes I'll even just sit in the parking lot after a shopping/window shopping run and just stare into space for 15/20 minutes just to clear my head.
  • Options
    I get no breaks since I also have a 19 month DD. So far 2 under 2 has been a nightmare for me. Looking forward to going back to work. I love my kids but as babies neither was/is an easy baby.
  • Options
    We have a Starbucks in our Target. Yesterday, I got a frappicino and spent an hour in Target. I felt like a new woman! Of course, LO slept for DH the whole time I was gone.
  • Options
    My break is at 8:30 at night. One night a week i go to the grocery store. On the way i am blasting my music in my mini van with the family stickers on the back. (People are probably cracking up laughing.) Wow let me tell you, it is a theraputic experience at the grocery store at night. There aren't 10 people in the same aisle with you. Sometimes i enjoy the quiteness and sometimes i wear head phones.
    Other nights i take a epson salt bath or just watch tv.
  • Options
    Paint my nails take a nap shopping blow dry my hair for once
  • Options
    Go to the gym or to the fabric store.  Or out for a beerski with my girlfriends. :)
  • Options
    Running.

• Options
    Exercising for sure. Sometimes with DH thanks to my parents or else a tag team effort.
  • Options
    So far I've had only two "real" breaks, dinner with DH at Nobu and a brow appointment in the valley with errands tacked on. Otherwise my breaks are when LO naps and sleeps, so things like showering, doing hair and makeup (if I'm lucky), and eating meals. I usually stay up way too late watching netflix when LO goes to bed between 8-9. He does sleep 8 hours straight every night now though, so I can't complain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"