Georgia Babies

Evie fell down the stairs

I was on the phone and the next thing I heard was thud, thud. ?She didn't land on the floor (thank God! We are on a slab). ?I don't know how many stairs up she got before she fell, but she landed on the 2nd stair from the bottom on her back.?

My husband took her and calmed her down while I cried uncontrollably for being so stupid to not be watching her. ?(He was in the office doing some work since he isn't going into the office this week.)

?

She is ok, but it was a big scare and I am off to Target because I am breaking down and buying a baby gate. ? ??

Re: Evie fell down the stairs

• Oh, Michelle! I am so sorry! Don't beat yourself up over it. I am so glad she is OK. I know what you mean about crying uncontrollably--when Kate rolled off of the loveseat and I called DH and her doctor's office, I think I was crying harder than Kate was. ((HUGS))
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • I am glad she is ok, but understand how you feel.  My BIL put Jax in the car seat while we ate - on top of a blanket, not buckled in - and Jax flipped out of it onto their ceramic tile floor.  I didn't know he was in there and was not very happy myself.

Crazy kid...didn't even cry or anything.  he flipped out onto his belly.  didn't phase him a bit. 

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry Michelle! I am glad Evie is doing okay, it is so scary!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know that was scary.....I know the baby gate will give you some reassurance.
  • I'm so sorry.  Yes, it is scary, but don't beat yourself up.  It happens.  And you can't watch them every second.  And she is okay and will learn from it.

Ridge also fell down the stairs.  He was feeling bold and didn't hold on one day and I couldn't get to him in time.  It was only two stairs, but he is still much more cautious now. 

• I had that happen once and felt extremely responsible. Dont beat yourself up but I am soooo glad shes ok!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sooo glad Evie is alright.  Like everyone said, don't be too hard on yourself...something has happened to all of us.  Let me mention the time that doodle fell from the back/trunk of my car while in the carseat (luckily she was strapped in)  i was a basket case.
  • I'm so glad she is OK. Be nice to yourself tonight. Accidents happen and I am sure you were just scared to death!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Michelle I'm so sorry. I know it's scary but accident happens and I'm sure that you don't want anything bad happen to Evie.?
  • Aww, I'm glad she's okay.  Don't be too hard on yourself, accidents happen.  Our basement stairs are right across from Tess's room and I am dreading when I have to deal with her staying away from them.
  • Michelle that is so scary!! I'm sorry it happened to you, but please don't beat yourself up. I'm glad Evie is okay. A gate will def. help.
  • Oh, I am so sorry!  That is scary, but like everyone else has said - accidents happen and don't be too hard on yourself.  Hugs!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry that happened, it's terrifying when they get hurt and I know how guilty we feel for "letting" it happen!  I'm just curious though why you say you are "breaking down to get a gate"....not to be rude, but why wouldn't you want one?  We have five, saves my sanity for sure :)  I am *hoping* that Ethan's toddlerhood is slightly less trial and error than Jack's was/is, we basically have the house in lockdown mode now!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Oh my God! I'm so sorry, Michelle. I'm glad she's okay (and you're okay too).
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh my that is scary.  I'm glad she is okay.

• Oh Michelle...I'm so sorry.  I know how guilty you must feel but I'm sure it was scarier for you than it was for her.  Accidents happen....don't beat yourself up about it!  I'm glad she's ok.
  • Ugh I am so sorry :(  Carter too fell off the bottom step a few days ago.  He was kneeling on it and I turned away, looked back and he was standing up on it and then timber, like a tree he fell :(  Poor thing!
  • OMG Michelle I am so sorry! This is one of my biggest fears. We are on a slab too and you have seen the weird way our stairs are at the bottom of the staircase. Don't beat yourself up it could have happened to anyone watching or not. I am so glad she is ok I am sure she was more scared than anything else.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So sorry.  Jackson also fell down the stairs last week.  We have a gate at the top but I left it open b/c I thought DH was coming right behind me with DS.  But he had to grab something first and assumed I had locked the gate.  Not even a minute after I got down the stairs I heard the thud thud thud.  We have a landing halfway down the stairs and Jackson was laying face up on the next to bottom stair.  I felt terrible!  He only cried a few minutes and didn't have a single bruise.  The worst part was MIL was there which made me feel stupid and then DH and I blamed each other.  Anyway, we headed out the door to church and I wouldn't take him to the nursery b/c I was scared he'd go to sleep and not wake up or something.  Anyway, he slept in my arms the whole service and I just cried. We already had a pedi appt the next day and she checked him out but didn't seemed really concerned. We'll NEVER leave the gate open again!  Sorry that was so long, but see, it happens to everyone! 
  • I'm sorry that happened and so glad that Evie's ok!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"