3rd Trimester
Options

Dilation and effacement STMs

At what point in your second pregnancy did you begin to dilate and efface? How did it compare to your first? I was fingertip dilated at 40 weeks with my first and had her three days later. My docs won't let me go past my due date with this one so I am hoping if I have to be induced that I will at least be somewhat effaced to begin with. Thanks!
IVF #1 & 2 BFN
New RE
IVF #3 Chemical Pregnancy
FET #1 BFP-first beta 2113  healthy baby girl born 12/22/11
FET #2 BFN
FET #3 BFP first beta 1157
Baby boy 7/7/14
natural pregnancy - miscarriage at 7 weeks
natural pregnancy #2 trisomy 13 and DNC at  14 weeks

Re: Dilation and effacement STMs

• Options
    Every time is different for me. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my first I went to 41 weeks and was induced with nothing, 0%, 0cm, and had a successful induction and vaginal birth.

My second pregnancy I was 1 cm at 38 weeks so clearly a little different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 5cm dilated & 90% effaced walking in with active labor for both babies. DD's was a four hour labor & DS was 14. In my experience it means squat.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    With DD1 at 38 weeks I was 50% effaced and 1 cm dialated...she was born 7 days later- water broke but no contractions, so pitocin semi-induced. DD2 at 40 weeks I was 70% effaced and 5 cm...born the next day.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 33 weeks and was checked last week and Im at 2cm, no effacement. Im on light duty.I went to 38.5 weeks with DD and walked into the hospital 9 cm dilated after two days prior no dilation and no effacement (had membranes stripped though). I need a few more weeks to cook!
  • Options
    I was induced at 40 weeks with DD 1 with 1 cm dilated 50% effaced. I am currently 39 weeks 2 days with a tight cm dilated 0% effaced and a scheduled induction for Friday. Guessing based off everyone's answers that it could go either direction for you.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With my first baby thy didn't bother to check me until the very end. I am at a new Obgyn with this one and they don't do it until the very end either. They both said there is no point as you could be dilated and effaced for weeks and nothing happen or you could not be dilated or effaced at all and go into labor that day.
  • Options
    No clue with my first, this time I was checked at 33 weeks and I was 80% effaced and fingertip dialated. I'm 35 weeks now and haven't been internally checked since, so not sure if I've changed.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    With DS, I was checked for the first time at 41w.  I was 1.5cm and about 25% effaced.  It was 3 days before my induction and the only reason I was checked was because my MW did a membrane sweep.  I don't get checked because dialtion and effacement are not really an indicator of when labor will start or how it will go.  Some women will go from 0cm/0% to full blown labor within a day.  Some women sit at 4cm/75% and still need to be induced.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lissydee said:
    No idea. I never had cervical exams until I felt pushy in labor.
    Here too. My doctor does not do internal checks.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    already fingertip dilated.  Didn't last time until about 34 weeks.  I think every pregnancy is different.

• Options
    I went in for one week follow up yesterday and have increased to 3cm dilated, 40% effaced, and baby dropped station. She also did the FFN swab to check for earl labor but it came back negative, which means I have a it more time and she just wants me to make it to 37 weeks minimum. I'm taking it easy!
  • Options
    I was never dilated at all until labour hit. Closed and firm the night before my first, and closed but soft the morning of my induction with my second.  First baby came in three hours. Second one came in one. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My second came in a few hours (7 ish), I was 7 cm and 60% at 36.6 weeks. I'm glad I trusted my instincts, because I had only just lost my mucus plug that morning. Compared to my first, the second was a breeze for me.
  • Options
    I had my 36 week checkup yesterday and the Dr. said I was Dilated at 2 and 40% effaced. She was also able to feel the baby's head. I'm due July 24th so I hope he comes a little early but this could be wishful thinking... ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"